• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Well, I'm with everyone posting, I don't figure HF, which I think I made clear in my rather lengthy "this is how you do figure HF" post.

RVB is completely correct, if I did figure it out, I think, with my personality, it'd bias me a little and cause me to think how I really don't want to think.

I do believe that knowing the info I talked about is critical, it'll guide you in "skipping that disappearing D/T", which I do believe is a fun CAN OF WORMS.

After 10 years, I don't believe I have skipped anything. Hmmmmm

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Here is what I have learned from taking classes with Max Michel, Mike Seeklander and Phil Strader. The higher the hit factor the more you should focus on speed. The lower the hit factor the more you should focus on accuracy.

At a big match you can always find out what stage times are from the RO shoot or another squad that's already shot your stage or just do the match based on how you plan to shoot it.

If the hit factor is 5-7 its a balanced stage. Accuracy and speed are equally important. On these stages I try to shoot at 85-90% of my ability on speed and try for all 95% of the points available.

If the HF is below 5 aim hard for the A zone. Make up a shot you didn't call. See every sight picture and plan on having a clean all Alpha run. Obviously the faster you can get all Alphas the better. This type of stage ill shoot at 75-85% of my ability on speed and make sure I get a clean all Alpha first shot hit on steel type of run.

If the HF is over 7 start focusing on where you can pick up speed. Accepting a Charlie or so especially on a really high HF stage isn't bad as being fast is going to effect your HF more than points. On a really high HF stage you can actually miss fast enough to win. I've done it! Obviously if you can shoot really fast AND still get alphas that's best. This type of stage ill turn up the gas and run at 95-105% of my ability on speed. Ill take some target focus sight pictures and hose more as the HF rises.

Top Bottom