• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    More experience and testing? Examples please Savage! :)

Israel has been around how many more hundreds of years than America?

Israel has had to defend itself against how many groups of peoples and other Countries on ITS OWN SOIL compared to the, uh, NO INVASIONS of the USA? Sure, we've been through a bunch of conflicts, but those pale in comparision to the attacks and training the Israelis have had to endure.

Sure, we gave them Nuclear capablility. Sure we provided them with arms. But they couldn't afford to make their own when they have such limited resources and money.

Their military carry the Baby Eagle. Full size, steel frames, but they carry them. I believe I read that their police carry the polymer framed model. They chose that over the Glock...:cheers:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just because Israel hasn't been a full fledged County doesn't negate the fact that their people have been around since biblical times. Just in the last 60 years have they had their own Country. Political lines do not decide a peoples origins.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Ok, so what does this have to do with the development of your Baby Eagle?

Just because Israel hasn't been a full fledged County doesn't negate the fact that their people have been around since biblical times. Just in the last 60 years have they had their own Country. Political lines do not decide a peoples origins.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Sure we provided them with arms.
    That was because theirs were so good, right?

By that logic, our people go back to biblical times as well...

Besides, everyone knows Jesus was a fair-skinned white guy! ;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LOL you people crack me up!

The development of my Baby Eagle was made under research from some of the harshest conditions on the planet. Ok not so much as the AK was, but pretty close. Decades of data was compiled and researched and put into building the Eagle. The Desert Eagle was just a byproduct of this. It was made for sheer knock down power. It was rejected by the Military because its not practical for combat. But the Baby Eagle was made specificly for military combat.

The arms we provided for Israel was to make up for the lack of arms they had in their possesion. Not because of quality issues.

And by that logic none of us truly come from anywhere. I won't go into a religous disccusion because that would be for another thread and it would be a LOOONNNNGGG thread. What I was trying to say is that Israelites never had their own Country because they were made slaves by the Egyptians until their Liberation. The settled into the land now known as Israel and were fighting for Centuries with the Palestinians over that very land. Neither of which ever truly had their own Country.

My point of this is that over the centurys, these people have had MUCH more combat experiance than us. They are surrounded by hostile Countries who despise their very Existence. In the 60 years of their existence they have engaged in more combat than us, have had to defend themselves on a Global scale more than us, and have been persicuted more than us. When they design a weapon, they know what they are talking about. So do we. So do the Russians. So do the Chinese. So does England. So does Germany.

How can you argue with Centurys of experiance???

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Everything I have read said to stay away from the polymer version, but the all steel one is GTG.

Any way dont you have to be a rap star with lots of bling around your neck to own one of those?

I would personally be leery of any gun that did not eat gold dots.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, some examples of why to stay away from the polymer model?

A rap star to own a Baby Eagle? Now, I listen to alot of older rap and not the newer rap, but the older rap refers more to Berettas and Glocks... so I guess I'm outta the loop and must be a Rap star... Guess I'll go buy that Barrett .50 Cal out at AAC today! :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Technically speaking no. Realistically, with all the environmental considerations, the experiance with various firearms, and the history of tyranny these people have endured, then yes, it has been in development for hundreds of years. Does that make any sense? No. Probably not. Ok just forget it. I bought a worthless POS pistol that performs magnificently and looks awesome and goes bang when told to, but one day it may fall apart or explode or jump up out of my holster on it's own and go on a killing spree just like the media seems to think they do.

I was just trying to give you all my friggin experiance with this pistol and you all have turned this thread into a big joke. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this pistol beyond the fact that it hates your beloved Gold Dot ammo. So poke fun all you want, but until you come shoot this thing don't knock it. You just might be suprised. Oh but wait, it's not a glock, it must be crap, better not touch it. Sheesh.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Savage. Don't let us stand in your way. You found a gun you like. Good!

You now have it, which is even better. (and I think that's great BTW.)

If you can find magazines, good concealment holsters, and other accessories needed for a modern defensive pistol great. If it doesn't like Gold Dots, but feeds other High Quality defensive ammo reliably, great buy more of that ammo..... Next step..... Find Good Training.

A lot of us, myself included, have a slightly different list of criteria that go into selecting a firearm.

I don't however think that hundreds of years of conflict is a valid argument for why an Israeli gun is better than a US, or German, or Austrian firearm. We've only been using guns for the last couple hundred years. Cartridges as we know them today have been around even less.

John Browning, pretty much the father of modern firearms, lived from 1855-1926. (He happened to be an American at that;) )

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    DOnt get me wrong, I'm not saying that this gun is better than anyone elses. As long as it goes bang everytime that's what matters to me. It does that.

It has and I can find, everything I need for it. It has a rail so I can attach a light/laser. The only thing I could possibly ask for is a threaded barrel.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    a little over 300 first time out. only 10 hiccups. One with the Hornady but I think it was my fault, but the other 9 were with the 10rnds of the Gold Dot. All the Fiocchi and Winchester went through with no problems.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    a little over 300 first time out. only 10 hiccups. One with the Hornady but I think it was my fault, but the other 9 were with the 10rnds of the Gold Dot. All the Fiocchi and Winchester went through with no problems.

10:300 isn't very reliable Savage. Hopefully it improves with more rounds fired. Pami's Sig Sauer P226 went through 2000 rounds without a single failure for comparison.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well when 9 out of the ten were of one specific brand of HP after a hundred FMJ were fired then most people would fault the ammo, not the gun. The other HP's went through just fine. The one Hornady that didn't feed right was fired with one hand instead of two. I'd say the gun is just fine. Next time to the range I'll be sure to report again and if nothing bad happens I can say I told YOU so. If something bad DOES happen THEN you can tell ME I told you so. Fair enough?

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    10:300 isn't very reliable Savage. Hopefully it improves with more rounds fired. Pami's Sig Sauer P226 went through 2000 rounds without a single failure for comparison.

You do realize that all guns require a break-in period?

Why is everyone busting his chops for going against the grain and buying what he wants?
    There are so many close-minded folks here (Glock, Sig, HK) who can't grasp that there are other handguns available, many of which are better.

You people should be congratulating him on his new purchase, not putting it down.

shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    Congratulations on your purchase. No law abiding citizen should have to wait to protect themselves.

I hope to get the full size all metal version of the Bably Eagle some time soon.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Savage:

All that matters is that you like your gun and it feeds reliably. It is a good looking gun IMHO.

I think where you might get into a little "trouble" is when you start talking about historical things and gun development. Yes Israel exists in a hornets nest. But, when you factor in Vietnam, small conflicts like Grenada and Panama, Afghanistan, and two Gulf Wars, it's hard to say that Israel has more combat experience than the United States.

Just enjoy your gun. Make sure you feed it ammo it likes.

Top Bottom