• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    sry you have gotten so much crap for not following the crowd and buying a BE. congrats on the purchase! the pictures are great.

ps. wish some of the members of the this site would be less critical and more happy for other people sometimes.

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    baby eagles suck and I hope you never have to find yourself in a life or death situation with your new piece. there are times to follow the crowd and times to be different. if this is your carry gun you might want to follow the crowd and goes with what works. next time do your home work!

sry you have gotten so much crap for not following the crowd and buying a BE. congrats on the purchase! the pictures are great.

ps. wish some of the members of the this site would be less critical and more happy for other people sometimes.

not all guns require excuses

You do realize that all guns require a break-in period?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    SE,

1. Thanks for the review on your Baby Eagle. We'll have to hit the range some time so I can try it out. Bring along Tink's pistol, too. :)

2. Your next priority (and I know, you're tired of hearing it) is to GET TRAINING. A decent class will require a holster, a GOOD gun belt to hold it on, and at least three (sometimes five) magazines as well as 200-500 rounds of ammo. Other accessories (threaded barrel, lasers, lights, etc.) are a low priority.

At the very least, practice with it lots and lots and lots and lots, so you know exactly what it's going to do every time you pull the trigger. And make Tink practice with it once in a while, too. If SHTF, and that's the only weapon handy for whatever reason, she should know how to operate it.

:twocents:

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    It's odd when I can't tell if a statement is sarcasm or an honest reply. I hope this is sarcasm. There are ways to communicate your thoughts and feelings in a much less aggressive manner. Being this is a public forum, I try to remember that people who are unfamiliar with firearms and gun ownership will read what I type and judge me on my statements. Communications like this make me feel embarrassed. We should be able to communicate our disagreements and differences of opinion in a way which is respectful and not so hostile.

baby eagles suck and I hope you never have to find yourself in a life or death situation with your new piece. there are times to follow the crowd and times to be different. if this is your carry gun you might want to follow the crowd and goes with what works. next time do your home work!

not all guns require excuses

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room

thanks for proving my point indyninja

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

There's a lot I could say to this but I have better character than to go low like this. Although I will say one thing. This is my carry gun and I do trust it with my life. I did my homework and I suggest you do the same.

1. Thanks for the review on your Baby Eagle. We'll have to hit the range some time so I can try it out. Bring along Tink's pistol, too. :)

2. Your next priority (and I know, you're tired of hearing it) is to GET TRAINING. A decent class will require a holster, a GOOD gun belt to hold it on, and at least three (sometimes five) magazines as well as 200-500 rounds of ammo. Other accessories (threaded barrel, lasers, lights, etc.) are a low priority.

1. Thanks and I have Wed. and Thurs. off Unless you want to go on any other day then Atterbury is open until 7pm and I get outta work at 4pm. Plenty of time to get there and shoot both!

2. I'm still working on priority #1. Testing of my equipment. Once I'm done with that, training is next as finances allow. Until then, training videos and literature will suffice. I have the belt, the holster and about 3 shy of mags but not for too long.

It's odd when I can't tell if a statement is sarcasm or an honest reply. I hope this is sarcasm. There are ways to communicate your thoughts and feelings in a much less aggressive manner. Being this is a public forum, I try to remember that people who are unfamiliar with firearms and gun ownership will read what I type and judge me on my statements. Communications like this make me feel embarrassed. We should be able to communicate our disagreements and differences of opinion in a way which is respectful and not so hostile.

I think the same way. I wouldn't put anyone on the thread down for their choice in firearm. I joke about glocks but I know there's nothing wrong with them. I just think they are ugly and too plentiful. I don't need to tacticool my carry piece out with aftermarket accessories. That's what my million dollar, .50AE, 200rnd Drum clip, 4000x magnification scope, rifle will be for! :cool:

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    First of all Congrats on your new gun. I really hope you like it.

I have never fired a Baby Eagle so I don't have any comments on that. Hopefully it will feed anything you throw at it after the feed ramp breaks in.

I also have a Keltec P11. The trigger on it isn't too bad, but could be better. Do you have after market mags for it? I bought 2 aftermarket mags for mine and it will not feed hollowpoints from them. It feeds everything else just fine. It will feed anything with the factory mag. This might be something you want to check. I'm ordering 2 more factory mags so i can carry hollow points in all 3 when I carry it. I'm just glad it's a BUG.

I also went against the grain with my main carry gun. I have a Ruger P94DAO. I have put between 6,000 and 7,000 rounds through it with no malfunction of any kind.

BTW, I'm not a Glock fan either. I shot a friend of mine's and I didn't like it at all. It would go bang, clunk, chunk every time you pull the trigger. He likes it so I don't give him any grief.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Also

Thanks guys for the support. And Bigum, you're right, I probably should have gone into the developmental part, but everyone was acting as though the Baby Eagle was just a crappy knock off of the CZ. That's like saying an CZ is crap because it's Czech. Anyway...

My offer still stands. Those who doubt the Eagle, those who like the Eagle and are considering one, or even those who just want a chance to say they've shot this awesome pistol, by some 9mm and pick a range and LETS GO DO THIS! And anyone with a Kel-Tec P11 that wants to compare, bring that too!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Also

Thanks guys for the support. And Bigum, you're right, I probably should have gone into the developmental part, but everyone was acting as though the Baby Eagle was just a crappy knock off of the CZ. That's like saying an CZ is crap because it's Czech. Anyway...

My offer still stands. Those who doubt the Eagle, those who like the Eagle and are considering one, or even those who just want a chance to say they've shot this awesome pistol, by some 9mm and pick a range and LETS GO DO THIS! And anyone with a Kel-Tec P11 that wants to compare, bring that too!

You know, I think most people on this forum want to help out and truly offer great advice. Some of the posts on this thread seem to be contrary to that, though.

I know nothing about Baby Eagles and look forward to hearing more about yours.

I have a Kahr PM9 and enjoy shooting it and using it as a CCW even though some people have not had great experiences with them. I tested mine until I was comfortable with it and moved forward.

Enjoy your new piece -- just make sure it will go bang with the ammo you've got in the magazine.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm always up for trying new (to me) guns. Lets do this at Pops.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have Wed. and Thurs. off or I get off work at 4pm. I live by the Airport. So just let me know.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    S/E ..... Thanks for the report on your Baby Eagle. It's sad that some have chosen to respond in a negative and/or rude manner. I for one (and there are obliviously others) appreciate a review on any gun. Don't let the "Glock-heads" and other gun snobs get you down. :rolleyes:

Once you find a defensive round that feeds reliably and you are proficient with your gun, carry it with confidence!! :thumbsup:

I would however, advise you not to be so quick to label an ammunition as junk just because it doesn't feed well for you. You don't want to sound like "them" ... do you??? :lmfao::thumbsup:
    :cheers:

Last edited:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Also

Most CZ clones and CZs for that matter are generally good to go. The CZ-75 is a great handgun design, one that picks up where the BHP left off. I haven't heard much about the polymer BEs as they are pretty new, but the steel BEs are pretty well liked by most people that shoot them. My buddy absolutely loves his .45 BE and he has shot and owned a gazillion other guns.

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    I'm sorry if I hurt some feelings with my comments. I thought we were on a gun board.... everyone please put down your stuffed baby panda bears and let me put it this way. baby eagles are not good guns and savage eagle has found out first hand that his new gun will not run very typical ammo. we are not talking about a new TV or cell phone here where it doesn't really matter if it doesn't work.

I'm not sure what else savage tried but if I'm looking for a carry gun
    I will go with proven performers. if I were to relate it to daily driver passenger cars I would look for a ford taurus, honda accord or civic, toyota camry, chevy cavalier, nissan altima.

Savage went out and bought himself a Fiat. but at least it looks good

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    I don't carry a glock at this time and I'm far from a gun snob. you are doing savage a disservice by leading him on to think he has a good gun on his hands. the gun in question doesn't run.

Ohh its the ammo

ohh its the break in period.

ohh how about the gun is a POS and there is a reason why no one carries them

Don't let the "Glock-heads" and other gun snobs get you down. :rolleyesedit:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't carry a glock at this time and I'm far from a gun snob. you are doing savage a disservice by leading him on to think he has a good gun on his hands. the gun in question doesn't run.

Ohh its the ammo

ohh its the break in period.

ohh how about the gun is a POS and there is a reason why no one carries them

I noticed it was mostly with the Gold Dots. Stay away from gold dots and use something that does work. It is pretty common for semi-autos to be somewhat JHP ammo picky.

As for no one carrying them, it is a CZ-75 clone. You know, one of the most popular semi-auto handguns in the world.

CZ
    Tanfoglio
    Sphinx
    Bren Ten
    Armalite
    Baby Eagle

Are all based on the CZ-75.

My brother's Glock 20 was pretty ammo picky too and it broke its guide rod the first time he shot it. I guess Glocks are POSes as well.

Last edited:

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    ohh wow..... really? I wouldn't carry any of those :):

It is a CZ-75 clone. You know, one of the most popular semi-auto handguns in the world.

CZ
    Tanfoglio
    Sphinx
    Bren Ten
    Armalite
    Baby Eagle

Are all based on the CZ-75.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    ohh wow..... really? I wouldn't carry any of those :):

Too bad. CZs are like the Glock of Europe in that they are extremely popular among LEOs. Sphinx makes hand guns that are reliable enough for military use (as the Swiss military does) and are accurate enough to replace the SIG P-210. Yeah, what turds. :rolleyesedit:

Top Bottom