• ...and so much more!
  • epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    thank you :): I knew you wouldn't be foolish enough to carry a Baby Eagle.

Wow. Nice setup. I get labled a fan boy if I do and somehow supposedly prove your point if I don't. :rolleyesedit:

BTW my nightstand gun is a CZ SP-01 (basically a bigger heavier CZ-75). So what does that say about me now?

Here is my Czech "POS" ;)

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    What this says is you do not carry a Baby Eagle.

and?

I know at least one person other than SavageEagle that does. I mentioned them earlier about how they love their BE .45. That same person shot the SIG P226 I had at the time (and shot it well) and still said he prefers the BE.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I have an idea for indyninja....
    Since you "seem" to have a negative opinion of the baby eagle.....My suggestion is for you to refrain from purchasing or trusting your life to one.
    Since SavageEagle has entrusted HIS life to one and YOU are NOT HIM... LEAVE HIM ALONE ABOUT IT! For goodness sakes when some poor soul gets past a hurdle in his life and is feeling like he's on top or at least on his way up, some fruitcake comes along and tells him he is stupid and has made some very bad choices! THAT sir is what I call a thread jack! :hijack:
    Seriously I trust my life to a GMC truck everyday, I don't know what you drive or ride, (and I really could care less because I am NOT you!) but I am certain I could point out some weak points in it and suggest that you are stupid for driving that kind of vehicle, and you should really rather had gone with a GMC or Buick instead of the POS that you chose. But even though you saved for three years and had to pass a very difficult test in order to obtain it I still felt the need to point out (7 times) that you made a terrible mistake and your shoice was the stipidest ever.
    All I am saying is to leave the poor kid alone about his choice of personal protection. YOU are NOT the "GUN BRAND" police and I think you have gone WAY beyond making a point in this thread. :ranton:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Hmmmm....... a gun forum of mostly decent, reasonable, & respectful people.

Oh and.......... one douche-bag!!!! :rolleyes:

You have to guess who is who!!!! :thumbsup::lmfao:
    :cheers:

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Look guys, this is a friggin review thread. Have you EVER shot a BE MALLninja? How long ago? Was it the SC Polymer model in 9mm? Well if you answered no or longer than a year ago, I invite you to come shoot. BYOA of course. Depending on how many people want to shoot depends on whether they shoot one or two mags.

Look, I don't care that you don't like the gun man. That's your purogitive and I respect that. Maybe Gold Dot isn't JUNK, but my Baby don't like it so I won't feed it. So technically 1 in 310 shots doesn't make this gun a POS by ANYONE'S standards. I'm planning on going back to Atterbury in three weeks. Either Wed. on my day off or Saturday the 6th of September. I don't have the money for the ammo for myself and I figure three weeks gives everyone ample time, or more importantly, ME time to ask my employer for the day off. If someone can't wait til then to shoot, I still have Wed. and Thurs. off and I can open time in my schedule and be at any range in the Indy area.

So there it is. Here's your chance to shoot the Semi-Compact Baby Eagle. This is a one time offer as I don't like the idea of letting just ANYONE shoot my Baby. But I'm willing to do this to prove you wrong. So what's up? Fenway's down. Any other takers?

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Mall Ninga's quick slam of the BE, is the same in my view of SE's quick slam of Gold Dots.

Both of them are doing the same exact thing, one on ammo, one on the gun.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm not slamming the ammo. I'm just saying that my guns don't like it. Nothing more, nothing less. That was just my experiance with the ammo. If you have a bad experiance with a paticular type of gun on different occasions under different circumstances, chances are you won't go back to it. Same thing here. There are too many ammo choices to not try them all. Same with guns. I wasn't slamming someones review of the Gold Dot. He slammed my review of the Baby Eagle. My bad I guess. Sheesh

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    BabyEagle006.jpg

SE - I'm happy to hear your wait is over and you scored a new pistol. I'm also sorry your thread kinda went south - it happens when people energize their posts with a lot of emotion. Others often respond in kind. It's a discussion that, in person, probably never would have gone this way since so much inflection is lost over forums on the 'net.

Moving on, take a look at this...

Tanfoglio Force (Dad)
    FORCE-POLICE-R-.jpg

The IMI shot of the polymer BE (child 1)
    BE_SemiCompact-Polymer.jpg

The Witness (child 2)
    WitnessCarry-08.png

Just cause I'm an information junkie (even bad info... I'm always learning) I assume everyone else is an info junkie too. A safe bet, I suppose. Only a fraction of handgun owners ever make it to a forum to talk about their choices and learn more.

Fratelli Tanfoglio has been making good and, like every manufacturer our there, some not so good firearms for quite some time. They're quite well known in competitive shooting circles and are capable of amazing output. They also build a lot of handguns for sell under the name of other companies. FIE has imported Tanfoglios to the US (Titan.) EAA has imported Tanfoglios, rebadged again, as the Witness - both polymer and steel.
    IMI assembles the Baby Eagle, both polymer and steel, but they are actually made (all marketing BS aside) by Tanfoglio. IMI may have suggested a few changes but they definitely aren't responsible for designing the 941/Jericho/BE. That distinction falls to Tanfoglio. NOT that I'm saying that is a bad thing. Tanfoglio, in my opinion, has vastly more experience with handgun manufacture than IMI.

Check out this thread. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/8190-eaa_handguns.html There is a bit more info there about CZ, Tanfoglio, EAA, BEs, etc.. Much of the thread content may seem superficially critical of EAA/Tanfoglio but if you dig a bit deeper you may see that Tanfoglio can make GREAT firearms when they aren't pressured by contract cost issues or poor importers.

What's this worth? Very little. Though, armed with this information (Google=IMI, Tanfoglio, EAA, Jericho, Baby Eagle) you may discover a bit more about your new "baby." Also, this can aid you in finding holsters, etc.. There are some superficial differences in the models externally (ok, some not so superficial) but you should be able to widen your search by including Tanfoglio Force and EAA Witness. Be aware, there are multiple sizes and types (polymer/steel.)

Congrats and best of luck.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    paddling_man: Wow. Just wow. I'm a bit of an information junkie myself but I had no idea. I knew the BE was assembled, not manufactured, in Israel. But I didn't know the source. I saw that witness at Bradis at the same time I was looking for my Baby. If I remember right, it was a bit heavier and a little thicker, but essentially the same. Like you said their are many models. I'll do some more research into this and I appreciate the info.

BTW, you look like a Bluegrass man... You go to concerts alot?

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    BTW, you look like a Bluegrass man... You go to concerts alot?

I grew up in Daytona then spent the next twelve years or so in East Tennessee going to school, starting career, then marrying my wife (she was from Atlanta.)

Classic bluegrass is big in East Tennessee. It took some time for me to appreciate it - basically coming in thru the back door in my early twenties as an attendee of several Grateful Dead shows. So, yeah, I like bluegrass. :thumbsup:

With two small kids, the days of live music are few and far between though. :nopity:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I thought you said gold dot was crap, not gold dot shoots like crap in my gun.

Who cares any how, we are all on the same side, gun toting patriots who appreciate our rights.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I thought you said gold dot was crap, not gold dot shoots like crap in my gun.

Maybe I did. You'll have to forgive my long awaited excitement that I couldn't contain! :rockwoot: I waited 4 months expecting 4 more before I won my appeal and even then I had to wait a week to go shoot it! For those of you who have never been denied a purchase, the wait and anticipation is antaginizing and painful and resentful because you feel so violated. But I won and I got my Baby and one set back and some ignorance isn't going to detour me from enjoying every minute with her!

Who cares any how, we are all on the same side, gun toting patriots who appreciate our rights.

:biggun::patriot:

Oh and BTW, it's amazing the relief you feel whilst carrying something you trust. We went to the park with the kids today and I actually felt okay to let them run around by themselves. Within reason of course. They know if they can't see us, we can't see them, and that's a big no no.

I grew up in Daytona then spent the next twelve years or so in East Tennessee going to school, starting career, then marrying my wife (she was from Atlanta.)

Classic bluegrass is big in East Tennessee. It took some time for me to appreciate it - basically coming in thru the back door in my early twenties as an attendee of several Grateful Dead shows. So, yeah, I like bluegrass. :thumbsup:

With two small kids, the days of live music are few and far between though. :nopity:

I've loved bluegrass since I was young. My dad goes to concerts EVERYWHERE. Sometimes I get a chance to go. I love the fiddle and the banjo. Those guys are good! Anyway, back to the review.

I'ld like to hear from others that have owned/shot the Baby Eagle and it's variants. Even some DESERT EAGLE shooters would be interesting! :D

Took her to the Range again today. Loads consisted of Hornaday 124grn HP, Fiocchi 115grn FMJ, Fiocchi 124grn FMJ, Winchester 115grn FMJ, and Winchester WinClean 124grn HP.

I was shooting at 25yrds just for the sheer practice of it and not really worried about being on target so much as just running the gun to test for flaws. I wish I had taken more pictures but I just got some basics as I wasn't thinking too much of reviewing this again until Lars mentioned it here...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ussion/8614-going_shooting_wed_sep_3rd-5.html

So, first up was my Winchester FMJ. About 120rnds and not one single problem. Ran through 10rnds of my Hornaday HP, no problems. Tried out AllenM's WinClean HP and not a single problem. Then I switched to the Fiocchi 124grn. Keep in mind I also ran a few fiocchi 115grn too for comparison. This is where I had some issues.

I chambered my first round of the 124 grain FMJ. Uh Oh. Didn't lock up completely. BAD SIGN. The slide was 4 milimeters from being completely closed. It may have discharged had I pulled the trigger, but the barrel may have become a permanent fixture of my face. So I re-racked the slide. Again it happened. Just MM's from being closed. Re-racked, same problem. And again. Finally the fifth round chambered right. Check the pistol, fired. next round jammed BAD. I couldn't get the slide to BUDGE. After fiddling with it, on safe pointed down range of course, I handed it to Allen for help. A nice hefty yank and it was cleared. Unloaded, sat back and had a smoke. Whew, disaster avoided.

Shot a few 115grn FMJ fiocchi just to make sure it wasn't the gun, then back to the winchester, not a single problem. After some more shooting I had a thought. different grain bullets have different sizes and shapes. Hmmm. Sat the FMJ Fiocchi's side by side and guess what! The 124 had a shorter, fatter cone than the 115! But that couldn't be the cause, could it? Grabbed a Winchester HP. The 115 Fiocchi and the HP had the same shape, minus the tip. Could it truly be that the 124 grain FMJ was just to stubby and fat to feed? Or was it that the cone didn't take it's shape until further up the bullet? I still ponder these questions and challenge you to figure this out.

Could it also be that the Gold Dot that everyone holds so dear has the same issue? Does the shape of the bullet determine the "feedability" of the gun?

Well, all i know is every other ammo I ran today didn't have a single jam. No FTF, no FTF, no FTE. The Gun doesn't have any issues except that it doesn't like short stubby rounds and I can use the Hornaday, Winchester, and Fiocchi for a referance while shopping for ammo. This gun is perfect. Nice trigger break, great big dot sights, lightweight, and VERY dependable. I trust it with my life and the lives of my family. Again, I invite those who don't believe to come and be a believer. Let me prove you wrong. Then you can bad mouth this paticular pistol all you want...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm glad to hear the Baby Eagle ran today. Make sure you put more of whatever Hollow Point you intend to carry through the gun. Make sure when you reload and drop the slide from slide lock the next mag runs too.

I know Hollow point ammo isn't cheap. Compared to your life, or the life of a loved one if your gun fails it's pretty cheap.

But like I said, I'm glad to hear the gun ran today with a minimum of problems.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    absolutely true on that. I plan to get some more HP, but it'll be a while before I get some. I have to find a good job first. Unless someone buys my truck... :D

I'm not giving up on that truck. It doesn't look like much but she runs STRONG and trust me, she'll last.

Top Bottom