• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    THAT is well done, not overdone. Simple, light, effective.

Don't think that it being simple and not overdone is on purpose. . . :D It just means the money ran out! ;)

Next:

Rail panels
    PMAGS
    LaRue Optic Mount
    Tape switch for light (or possibly go in another direction. . who knows)
    VFG
    CTR stock (I HATE how sloppy the M4 stock is)

Anyone else ever notice how every single add-on part for ARs tends to be somewhere between $100 and $200? Sheesh!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Anyone else ever notice how every single add-on part for ARs tends to be somewhere between $100 and $200? Sheesh!

Now come on, your Magpul trigger guard and Ergo grip were what, $20 apiece? And how much of a difference did they make?

You could also opt for the MOE stock instead of the CTR, and save about $50. I got to mess with one of the S&W M&P-15MOE carbines at the shop a couple weeks ago, and was surprised at how tight the MOE stock was despite not having the locking feature.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Now come on, your Magpul trigger guard and Ergo grip were what, $20 apiece? And how much of a difference did they make?

Ok you got me on that one. Those two piece together did do wonders for comfort and style.

You could also opt for the MOE stock instead of the CTR, and save about $50. I got to mess with one of the S&W M&P-15MOE carbines at the shop a couple weeks ago, and was surprised at how tight the MOE stock was despite not having the locking feature.

But I REALLY want that puppy locked down! Your 9mm SBR felt like the whole thing was made from one piece of material. Nothing wiggled. That's what I'm looking for.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    But I REALLY want that puppy locked down! Your 9mm SBR felt like the whole thing was made from one piece of material. Nothing wiggled. That's what I'm looking for.

I hate to break this to you, but I don't own any CTR stocks. My 9mm SBR has a regular ol' M4 stock, and my 10.5" LMT has a VLTOR. :eek: My LMT was wearing a CTR @ NFA Day, but I traded it out shortly thereafter.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side

My AR you handled had a CTR on it and honestly, I think it's got some wiggle to it. not as bad as a standard M-4, but it does still move some if you yank on it.

Doug K

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I hate to break this to you, but I don't own any CTR stocks. My 9mm SBR has a regular ol' M4 stock, and my 10.5" LMT has a VLTOR. :eek: My LMT was wearing a CTR @ NFA Day, but I traded it out shortly thereafter.

Yes I wasn't saying yours had the CTR, just that it was solid. With the friction lock I figured the CTR was my best bet.

So why is mine so darn wiggly? Commercial vs. MilSpec or what??

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok boys and girls!

I went to see Greg at Beech Grove Firearms today, and he hooked me up with the railcovers I've been looking for! He even beat the best internet price I could find! As always, I highly recommend that EVERYONE check out their shop. Their customer service is top notch in this city. I can't say enough good about them, really.

Covers are Magpul XT in black. It took me 5 minutes and a hairdryer to get them installed. Not too shabby.

And here they are. . .

4hb0hz.jpg

And, of course, representing INGO! (thanks to Pat Rogers for the idea!)

15ehc0g.jpg

bgvjex.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So you elected not to keep the TLR-1 on there?

I still have not decided 100%. But I couldn't pass up the VTAC mount when its only $20 added to the order. . . :D

Sticking with the TLR-1 will require getting the new back plate and tape switch, and then finding a spot to mount the tape switch.

I really like the simplicity of the VTAC mount. I've got an Inova LED light I could use with the provided shim, but its got a clickly tailcap which I don't think is ideal. So even with the VTAC I'll probably end up with a G2 LED or something similar.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE

The company I ordered my sling/mount from are turds and still have not shipped. Makes me upset. . . .

But, I did pick up a few things at the 1500 last weekend.

(1) Lancer L5 Mag, for some T&E
    (1) Aimpoint rubber cover in black
    (1) Ladder rail cover, in black, to protect the top rail on the forend
    (1) CAA SVG vertical foregrip

Crappy cell phone pic:

72stfq.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom