• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm really test out an AI chassis this summer. I shot AJ Browns MK13MOD5 last summer at an outing my buddy puts on, and I really liked the feel of the rifle. My local surplus store has a stock for a pretty decent price, and I could sell my McMillan to more than pay for it.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Minor update: I replaced one of the trigger springs on the XMark and tuned it up a little bit yesterday. It feels MUCH better. I don't have a trigger gauge but it feels absolutely fantastic. I'd guess in the 2.5 pound range. So I'll keep it for now and spend that Timney money on load development.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Phylodog runs 'em and he does this stuff for a living so....they have a great reputation. I've never read a bad review. They all say the same thing: quality is top notch, lightweight, and comfortable.
    I have heard a lot about the Evolution chassis but not a whole lot about the Element personally. Looking forward to hear how you like it.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Did a break in at Atterbury tonight. It was a good time. Shoot-clean-shoot-clean so on and so on. After ten rounds I started doing three shot groups between cleanings. This was all done using Fiocchi stuff. Two three shot groups and a four shot group. .754", .865", and a .961". This thing is begging for some handloads.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Did a break in at Atterbury tonight. It was a good time. Shoot-clean-shoot-clean so on and so on. After ten rounds I started doing three shot groups between cleanings. This was all done using Fiocchi stuff. Two three shot groups and a four shot group. .754", .865", and a .961". This thing is begging for some handloads.

Nice! 100 yards I assume?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I'm thinking about upgrading the glass a little. I'm liking the Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 Mil/Mil. I know it's already been suggested to have matching reticle and turrets. The overtime gods have smiled on me and I think out of all the other things I could upgrade, a better scope will benefit me the most.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm thinking about upgrading the glass a little. I'm liking the Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 Mil/Mil. I know it's already been suggested to have matching reticle and turrets. The overtime gods have smiled on me and I think out of all the other things I could upgrade, a better scope will benefit me the most.

Right now I actually have those in stock.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Very nice.
    I see that the rings are very high.
    Do they need to be for that stock?
    Keep us informed with the handloads.

They're medium heigth rings that I had to use when the scope was mounted on my AR to clear the quad rail handguard. I'll get a set of low rings for the new scope.

Top Bottom