• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Oh I've got a little 300blk something for the can :D Also have a 300blk carbine length ar that is my deer rifle. It is a little heavy for my preference on the pistol, but should still be a blast.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    *Heavy Breathing*

kO0m7Xo.jpg

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Man, you lucky dawg.

I need to work on some more load development. See how low I can go before cycling is an issue. Probably won't get to do that until next week, though.
    Currently down to 8.4gr of Win 296 with a 150gr 30-30 RNFP plated bullet. I think I can go lower. 4 shots, all cycled and the 2 at the bottom of the mag held the bolt open, so I think I can go a touch lower.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    5.5 months would be fantastic.
    I actually remembered that Form 1 e-file has a short turn around time. If I can stop spending money on the racecar, I'll put in for a form 1 to build a dedicated 22 suppressor.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I remembered that it had stopped awhile back, but I was still seeing stats on the NFA Tracker site, so I thought that it was back up and running again. Well that's a bummer.
    Still might apply for a Form 1 soon-ish. Found out tires on the car are going to be more expensive than initially expected.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    OOooooooo. That's gonna be nice.
    How do you like the CZ? I hadn't cared much in the past, but recently they've struck my fancy. Any pros/cons on it?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Ran some hot 5.56 today out of one of my ar15's with the ghostwind on it. Not quite hearing safe, but just on the cusp. In my youth I would have shot it all day without ears on. It is quieter than my 17wsm. I'd imagine if I run it wet it will tame down even more. This was my first time shooting high power through a can and it is unreal the difference it makes. I can't wait to get it on my 300blk and 260 rifles.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    What's the best way to run a suppressor wet? Just pour an ounce of water into the end? Or is there some kind of technique or special liquid that should be used?

It's nice to have the ability to shoot at the Trading Post, but I don't think that the enclosed room does the suppressor justice. It will be nice to shoot it outside.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    This can was 6mos 9days from mailing it in to getting it approved. My previous stamp was 9 mos which came back less than a month before I got the stamp for this one back. I did another in april, hoping to see it before November.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    It took me forever, but I got my paperwork sent in last week or the week before.

Keeping with why this thread was started, to help others jump into the world of suppressors, I've got a couple links to share. They aren't secret, but I think it helps to see what others have successfully used to get this done.
    If you're like me and having trouble keeping track of what in the world is supposed to go where, follow the Silencer Co guides. I'll link them below. The second link really helped me just have something easy to keep track of.
    There's another link at Silencer Co that I can't find for some reason. It discusses what you should be filling out on the Form 4 if you're an Individual or a Trust. The main difference that I learned, is to NOT fill out sections 14-17 on the Form 4 if you're using a Trust. We goofed and filled this section out initially. We went ahead and sent the paperwork in with that section filled out, but with no photo attached. Obviously I also sent in the Form 23s, but it's possible that they'll kick my paperwork back for filling out those sections. We will see.

https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/08/30/suppressed-easyguide-buying-silencer/
    https://silencerco.com/trust/

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It took me forever, but I got my paperwork sent in last week or the week before.

Keeping with why this thread was started, to help others jump into the world of suppressors, I've got a couple links to share. They aren't secret, but I think it helps to see what others have successfully used to get this done.
    If you're like me and having trouble keeping track of what in the world is supposed to go where, follow the Silencer Co guides. I'll link them below. The second link really helped me just have something easy to keep track of.
    There's another link at Silencer Co that I can't find for some reason. It discusses what you should be filling out on the Form 4 if you're an Individual or a Trust. The main difference that I learned, is to NOT fill out sections 14-17 on the Form 4 if you're using a Trust. We goofed and filled this section out initially. We went ahead and sent the paperwork in with that section filled out, but with no photo attached. Obviously I also sent in the Form 23s, but it's possible that they'll kick my paperwork back for filling out those sections. We will see.

https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/08/30/suppressed-easyguide-buying-silencer/
    https://silencerco.com/trust/

A lot of shops will not print out the instruction page if they provide the forms to fill in. I find it extremely helpful to fill in the fillable pdf (download it do not just use it in your browser) while following along with the instruction page provided. I spent an hour looking up the answer what you just posted about, and the best one was from a salty forum poster who suggested that people follow the instructions. I honestly didn't even think to read them lol.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Oh yeah, I actually completely forgot about that. Not only are there guides from Silencer Co, but after reading through the entire Form 4, I found that there are instructions on which sections to fill out based on whether you are filing as an Individual or Trust. And that info is ON the Form 4.

So yeah, there's that, if you forget the Silencer Co info, lose the link, what-not, you can use the instructions that are on the Form 4.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Oh yeah, I actually completely forgot about that. Not only are there guides from Silencer Co, but after reading through the entire Form 4, I found that there are instructions on which sections to fill out based on whether you are filing as an Individual or Trust. And that info is ON the Form 4.

So yeah, there's that, if you forget the Silencer Co info, lose the link, what-not, you can use the instructions that are on the Form 4.

A lot of us are programmed to skip the directions on a form or test lol. At least once a semester I take a quiz or test that gives you an answer or tells you only to answer a single question.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Haven't taken a test like that in a couple years... But I am getting more an more in tune with actually reading what is in front of me.
    I work in IT support. We get tons of calls "My password won't work."
    Well, if you'd look at the username that's on the screen, Karen, you'd see that you're trying to sign in as Bill.

Also why phishing emails work so well. People just skim through emails and don't really read what's in front of them....

Back to suppressors!
    I've been making quite a few 150gr rounds for my pistol and rifle both. For whatever reason, they don't cycle in my pistol about 90% of the time. I've also noticed that there's QUITE a bit of leftover powder.
    Just ran out of Winchester 296, so I'm looking into alternative powders. There was a good deal on Shooter's World BO, but I've never used it and was gonna have to buy 4 pounds to get the deal. Didn't wanna spend $80 on powder that I may not like.

Oh, also gonna buy some 220gr plated bullets so I can make some true subs with some thump to them.

Top Bottom