• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benkrebs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You probably hit on the reason right there. Don't take any of this too seriously btw, us old codgers are just givin' ya a little ribbin'. Back in my dad's day the boys took their shotguns to school; hunted while walking to/from, and during the day just leaned them in the corner. Now, public-schooled children can't carry a pen knife . . .

Don't get me started on the topic of how the publik skrewls are turning out little nanny-state-dependent-comrades. That'd be a different thread.
    I wish I could take a shotgun to school! In all seriousness, I wish it was the way it "used to be". My girlfriends dad told me how he would hunt rabbit on his college campus and then cook/eat it. You can't even have a handgun on campus without facing severe legal issues.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I always have a pocket knife at the least on me. Even my 8. y.o. daughter carries one.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I have had knives and carried knives since at least age 7. I have let my son carry a knife since age 8.. cannot imagine not having a knife or two or three with me..!!! Congrats on the new knife..!!

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    I got my first knife when i was about 5 but didn't really carry one until high school. In high school I had a Victorinox tinker. I remember using it chemistry class as well as physics class without a word being said.

I honestly don't see how people make it without carrying one. Other than the ones that are always borrowing mine :).

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    After you carry it for a bit and use it a couple of times she will come around and she will see that having a knife is a good thing. She just probably needs to be exposed to it to see that it has some very good purposes. ;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    After you carry it for a bit and use it a couple of times she will come around and she will see that having a knife is a good thing. She just probably needs to be exposed to it to see that it has some very good purposes. ;)

What do you even know about knives or ladies? :D

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A knife is a handy thing to have. And if you carry one you are way ahead of most of the folks out there. In the hands of someone who knows how to use one, even a small blade can make a big difference. So, are you positive it was your knife she was laughing at?:rolleyes:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My wife told me when we were dating that she had a few prerequisites for guy before she would date him.
    -One was that he would have to be moderately handy and be able to perform basic maintenance on a house or vehicle without consulting professionals, such as changing a tire, oil change, have a black belt in duck tape, etc...
    -Another was that he has to carry a pocket knife.
    -Third was that she could wipe her hands on his jeans, without him pissing and moaning about getting dirty.

I really got a kick out of it. Her dad taught her that any man that couldn't meet these basic traits wasn't someone he approved of, and that she shouldn't take very serious.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My wife told me when we were dating that she had a few prerequisites for guy before she would date him.
    -One was that he would have to be moderately handy and be able to perform basic maintenance on a house or vehicle without consulting professionals, such as changing a tire, oil change, have a black belt in duck tape, etc...
    -Another was that he has to carry a pocket knife.
    -Third was that she could wipe her hands on his jeans, without him pissing and moaning about getting dirty.

I really got a kick out of it. Her dad taught her that any man that couldn't meet these basic traits wasn't someone he approved of, and that she shouldn't take very serious.

I like it. :D
    I usually carry more than one knife on me, does that make me even more manly? :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Be thankful you don't live in England, where you might have to register that knife and get approval to own it!

Even in England I carry the same knives I carry anywhere else, those evil one hand opening locking knives.
    I pretend im not aware of their laws because they are written in british english. ;)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Even in England I carry the same knives I carry anywhere else, those evil one hand opening locking knives.
    I pretend im not aware of their laws because they are written in british english. ;)

How dare you not recognise the rules of our neighbours across the pond. You'll be taken from your flat and thrown in the lorry and off to jail for you, sir. I wonder how much petrol is selling for these days in bloody England.

Top Bottom