• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EinKrueuzritter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2015
    Fishers
    You have rekindled my interest. I kinda of slowed down after breaking my arm while tacoing my front rim. My Ibis is still in the garage, I need to break it out, get back to it, and get back in shape

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just got back from riding at Town Run with my 2 younger brothers. My father also tagged along, mountain biking for the very first time. He's hooked. :) he wants to buy a mountain bike now.

I'd love to go back again tomorrow, but stupid rain....

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    had to work today myself. my son and I want to ride southwest way tomorrow. but stupid rain. I did some mods to my fatbike over the winter with gray goats help and haven't been able to hit the trails yet. stupid rain - stupid work.

jstiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Greensburg
    So can someone tell me how much better the bikes with fat tires are? Last night I saw 3 guys with huge tires and I felt a little inadequate :(

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Finally had a chance to get the mountain bike out last night. But only for a short ride down the road with my 2 young sons. No trails yet.

We moved recently and this was the first I'd ventured down this one particular country road. It was a beautiful evening and the road was peaceful.

I see road bikers going up and down the road in front of my new house all the time. It appears I'm on some sort of popular route. Maybe I should get a road bike too . . . . .

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Finally had a chance to get the mountain bike out last night. But only for a short ride down the road with my 2 young sons. No trails yet.

We moved recently and this was the first I'd ventured down this one particular country road. It was a beautiful evening and the road was peaceful.

I see road bikers going up and down the road in front of my new house all the time. It appears I'm on some sort of popular route. Maybe I should get a road bike too . . . . .

Do it!!!!!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So my dad, my youngest brother and I went to Fort Ben this morning. And spent the whole day riding the trails. It was a beautiful day for mtn biking.

The funny part, is that my dad bought his first mtn bike yesterday at A1 Cyclery. And today, while on the trail, he got his first flat tire. He ran over a nail. Luckily, he had a spare tube, and I had a pump and a CO2 cartridge. It was interesting repairing a tire while on the trail :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Finally got the bike out for the season. Rode about 12 miles on some back country roads. Need to get some trail time.

10410424_966066533418290_458772265976228681_n.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So can someone tell me how much better the bikes with fat tires are? Last night I saw 3 guys with huge tires and I felt a little inadequate :(

I just saw this. I've been reading about the fat bikes, and was able to talk to a couple guys this weekend riding Fat Bikes at Fort Ben this past weekend.
    One of the guys, also had a full suspension all carbon mtn. bike.

He informed me that the fat bike is a completely different experience. There's nothing you can go over. You may not be able to go as fast like you can with a mtn bike, but that's not a bad thing.

And, fat bikes RULE in the snow.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You want to learn to ride in the snow and winter, you come up here and I will introduce you to "Orange Man." Not sure what his story is but he wears a full body orange winter suit when he rides and he rides damn near daily..........and he rides far because sometimes I see him on my way home out in the sticks. I assume he is riding home at that point but I usually see him in town.

Pretty sure he is half nuts and does not have a license to drive.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm back in the game with a new sled! Trek hardtail. Found it used and I always liked the way Treks fit. More so than the last bike I had which was the GIANT NRS below 10 or more years ago.

This was my last sled when I got out in 03/04

jbKTCQ8.jpg

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    If they ever get back in stock, I'm going to get an Airbourne Guardian. $600 (+ shipping) and supposed to be the best bang for the buck in the "bottom end but still trail-worthy" MTB market. Rockshox front end, 29", hydraulic disc brakes, SRAM X5 components, etc. Airborne Bicycles . Guardian

They've been out of stock for a couple months, because the shipment of frames from China is on a boat in a harbor on the west coast, still. I guess there's a huge backlog of stuff sitting off shore right now, because of a dock worker strike a while back.

I'm currently also lacing new rims onto the hubs of my '93 Schwinn Sidewinder mountain bike, so the wife and I can ride together and tow the baby in one of those covered cart things, in the park. I rode that thing so HARD when I was in jr high and high school that the stock double-walled steel rims are so tweaked that I can't get them straight using the spokes.

Mike

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I went mtn biking at Brown County over Memorial Day weekend, had a blast.

I'm now trying to talk myself out of buying a Surly Fat Bike...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You want to learn to ride in the snow and winter, you come up here and I will introduce you to "Orange Man." Not sure what his story is but he wears a full body orange winter suit when he rides and he rides damn near daily..........and he rides far because sometimes I see him on my way home out in the sticks. I assume he is riding home at that point but I usually see him in town.

Pretty sure he is half nuts and does not have a license to drive.

I have a good friend that lives in Da' UP. 3 hours or so north of Green Bay, WI. He's got a fat bike. He rides all winter long. Goes to more of a MTB when no snow on the ground, though. He's a ridin' fool.

Went full-bore into being a Youper, too. They started a sled dog race in their town a few years ago. Has grown and seems to have been rather successful. They've also started their own Fat Bike race. Still small - but growing. Additionally they now have their own pack of sled dogs and do sledding themselves, too. Quite a lifestyle change from him being a native West-Central Indiana boy.

I went mtn biking at Brown County over Memorial Day weekend, had a blast.

I'm now trying to talk myself out of buying a Surly Fat Bike...

So - how's that debt payoff going? ;-)

Top Bottom