• ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    You have my condolences. Prayers sent.

Losing a parent is a very hard thing to go through. Your mother sounds like she was a wonderful person and I know you will always cherish your memories of her.

I lost my dad over 5 years ago, and while the pain or loss never goes away completely , it does become easier to bear and the memories become sweeter.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Despite the loss to you and your family, it sounds like you also have a lot to celebrate and to be thankful for when it comes to your mom. Hang in there my friend. If there's anything we can do, let us know. I'm almost sure with such a large INGO community, we can find a way to get it done.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It sounds like she went very peacefully-- we should all be so lucky.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I'm so sorry for your loss! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers for comfort. With you, I'm also glad that she went peacefully. We all hope for that for the people we love. It doesn't matter how old we get, losing a parent just sucks. Hang in there...

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I too lost my Mom very suddenly and at a young age, a few years ago. My head said it was a blessing she didn't suffer, but my heart breaks from the loss. I wonder if you feel the same. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. This first year will be the hardest, hang in there and allow yourself to mourn. Don't be afraid to cry and to let your children see you cry.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I too lost my Mom very suddenly and at a young age, a few years ago. My head said it was a blessing she didn't suffer, but my heart breaks from the loss. I wonder if you feel the same. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. This first year will be the hardest, hang in there and allow yourself to mourn. Don't be afraid to cry and to let your children see you cry.

You and I sound a lot alike. My mom and I were very close and I was supposed to go on the trip with them but I've been out of work since my open heart surgery and just couldn't afford to go. I wish now I would have sold something to finance the trip. I'm an RN and I might have been able to detect something or possibly gotten help for her. But I'm glad that she did go peacefully. I'm divorced and had no kids so basically alone during this. I have a brother with kids so there are plenty of nieces and nephews out in Greenfield. All of the comments here have helped quite a bit and I'm doing ok I think. There are times when the reality of it washes over me and I cry but for the most part I think I'm ok. I need to go to the funeral home tomorrow to pick out a casket and make arrangements and hopefully that won't be to bad. Thanks again everyone.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

:patriot: Ms. Colt556, sounds like you were a great mom & grandmother and helped make America a great nation by simply being a great American. Rest in peace.

Top Bottom