• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    You and I sound a lot alike. My mom and I were very close and I was supposed to go on the trip with them but I've been out of work since my open heart surgery and just couldn't afford to go. I wish now I would have sold something to finance the trip. I'm an RN and I might have been able to detect something or possibly gotten help for her. But I'm glad that she did go peacefully. I'm divorced and had no kids so basically alone during this. I have a brother with kids so there are plenty of nieces and nephews out in Greenfield. All of the comments here have helped quite a bit and I'm doing ok I think. There are times when the reality of it washes over me and I cry but for the most part I think I'm ok. I need to go to the funeral home tomorrow to pick out a casket and make arrangements and hopefully that won't be to bad. Thanks again everyone.

You're right we do have a lot in common...I was suppose to be with my Mom the morning she collapsed, but instead she wanted me to come down and take her to another appointment the next week, so her good friend was with her. I've always wondered how it would have turned out had I been with her instead of her friend. Could I have helped her more, comforted her, consoled her fears...the list is long. So don't let the guilt eat at you. You can think about it but you can't change it and the guilt will eat you alive. If you ever need to talk, let me know, seems like we share a common sorrow. I'm sorry you are alone in this too.

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    My condolences to you Colt556, My Mum's been gone for over 10 years now and I still miss her everyday, A mother is the best friend you will ever have, I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Top Bottom