My nda expires soon, what you want to know....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Time for a thread jack:

There is one of these AT&T hardened facilities with a (no longer used) microwave tower near my home and in my VFD's emergency response area. AT&T's emergency/disaster plans say that once per year they are to give the local FD a tour of their facilities so the firefighters will be familiar with it if something bad happens. So once per year we get to tour it. It's kind of neat, pretty good sized, has a ground floor and a basement, all enclosed in concrete with heavy doors etc. WAG says ground floor maybe 3000 square feet? Maybe more? Not sure about the basement, more cubby holes down there. Plus outbuildings for generators and fenced in parking. Nice SHTF shelter.

At one time it was full of equipment, but now it's almost entirely empty. I guess the only reason AT&T still has it is because there are underground cables running to it, and there is some modern equipment inside where the cables tie in. So the only active part of it is a single wall with a few racks. That's it, the rest is empty space surrounded by concrete, and a hella big tower that I wished we had for our fire department radio repeater.

I've been in the bunker north of Morgantown. One of the deacons at my church worked there when it was built.

He died about a month ago from complications of Covid. Great guy. 80 was too soon.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Do you know where that is? A older electrician at work told me about it. He said his dad had an electrical business back in the day and said they used to go there from time to time for work.

I like mysteries. I suspect what he is talking about is located at 38°40'28.21"N 86°21'17.63"W. County GIS says the owner lives in Tennessee, interesting. Looks like a much smaller facility than the Morgantown style. Definitely worthy of a drive-by sometime. Also I'll be waiting for all the stories mentioned above!

Edit: I also just found the location of the Vivos Indiana bunker, it’s on the east side of Shelburn, In. There are only so many Cold War era bunkers in Indiana, it’s not that hard to find.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I like mysteries. I suspect what he is talking about is located at 38°40'28.21"N 86°21'17.63"W. County GIS says the owner lives in Tennessee, interesting. Looks like a much smaller facility than the Morgantown style. Definitely worthy of a drive-by sometime. Also I'll be waiting for all the stories mentioned above!

That’s the place I thought it might be. As I remember the discussion, the friend described it as pretty deep underground and it’s possible whatever was at the surface back in the day has been torn down by now.

There’s not much to see from the road. There’s a fence around it and a smallish white block building in the center of it. Pretty non-discript and boring.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Do you know where that is? A older electrician at work told me about it. He said his dad had an electrical business back in the day and said they used to go there from time to time for work.

It seems like its about half-way to Leipsic from 60 at Turner Station (east goes to Saltillo, west goes to Leipsic). It's a small building on the north side of the road, chain-link fence around it.

In my HQ ACC days in the USAF I remember seeing a proposal to upgrade some of these facilities. The map showed the comm lines going right through that area. It seems like my Dad knew a guy who overhauled the engine on a generator at the site too.

Last edited:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Id just like to know where all the 10mm sockets go and who really is the mudflap bandit.

Yugo went out of buisness in 1992. What does that have to do with your 1 or 5 year NDA lol?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Yeah. Evidently someone doesn't want me to see what's at that coordinate. Google and maps both gave a big ol' nope.

Works for me...:dunno:

uBAGMhGl.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I dont know who your NDA was through but I've had to sign these also.
    Unrelated to that (because bunkers and stuff wasnt ever my area of practice, because I did the dumb guy work) I do know that the government has huge underground bases throughout this country and more than likely in others. Because, they can so why not right!?

Whatever it takes to ensure the security of this country and an effective attack after any first strike or retaliatory strike, I'm all for it. And understand a level of mystery or misinformation.
    It would blow the average citizens mind to know the true capabilities of our military. Not saying I know them all either but I have seen enough to blow my own mind. But I'll probably take some of it to my grave, like some others on here too I'm sure.

Top Bottom