• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    My first handgun was a hi point .40. Don'( flame me but i really love the gun. 400 rounds and 4 different brands of ammo thru it with no problems. But even tho i like the gun and its reliable i am a realist and understand that a zinc slide will only last so long. So i am in the market for a new gun that will last. Here are my choices so far: ruger p95, taurus pt92, and stoeger couger. I am leaning toward the couger cause i may want to start carrying. It will mostly be a range/self defense gun. Anyone have experience that could lend some expertise on these guns and where in northwest indiana i can find the best deal? Thanks fellas....

Of the three runs you mention, I would rank them Cougar first, P-95 second and PT-92 last. The Cougar is the right size for carry and will have ergonomics you are familiar with from any trigger time spent on the M9. The P-95 is a fine pistol and not expensive, but they are very bulky to carry. The PT92 is also quite bulky, heavier than the other two and made by a brand I have a lot of trouble recommending.

The Cougar is a fine pistol and has been on the market in one form or another since 1994.

Last edited:

gharris18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    I always recommend the glock brand first but deffinatly wouldnt shy away from the S&W M&P or the springfield xd

tomg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    A good used Glock 19 in a Gen. 2 or 3 is a great pistol, as is the S&W M&P. It has a lot to do with the fit of the pistol in your hand. What feels good is important, regardless of my opinions.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    All three of the pistols that you mentioned are good guns. As far as witch one would be best, thats all in what one fits you best. I personally prefer SAO, striker fired, and DAO pistols, in that order, but I do have a PT 92 in the safe that comes out from time to time. It has been nothing but reliable for me, but can be a tad heavy for every day carry, depending on the situation.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    My son and I both own Ruger SR9's Both have around 1500-2000 rounds thru them with ZERO problems. They have been flawless.

That being said I am seriously considering getting a Glock too. Not up on all the "numbers" so I don't exactly know which one yet.:rolleyes: The reason is, IF a SHTF occurs you can get .22 conversions for a Glock and I feel that would be a plus. IMO .22 ammo would be about the easiest to find/carry with you when/if your 9mm ammo runs out. A .22 handgun is better than nothing.

:twocents:

navygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I have three recommendations for you S&W sigma (trigger is a bit heavy but not to bad), Glock 19, or if you save a little bit the Beretta M9 all three are great

Scotty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Anderson
    Out of what you listed, I would go with the Ruger. If you haven't looked at the XDM or Glock, I would look at them before you buy...

Top Bottom