• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Its an oath. Anyone can take it.

It isn't a license that you have to apply for or anything.
    Yeah I mean most people look at the oath of marriage nowadays with a * and divorce being a easy way out of their oath.
    Im not slamming everyone who gets divorced. Im slamming people who dont take getting married seriously and have already uttered the words divorce before even walking down the isle.

Oaths mean a lot different things to some people. To me breaking an oath should carry severe punishments up to death in some cases if found guilty.
    Today's generations will swear and oath to anything just to get whatever it is they want right then and now and theyll just as easily break it tomorrow.

Military, breaking the oath has severe consequences.

Politicians, zero consequences. Theyll even keep getting elected and if not reelected if they were in congress they even get to keep part of their salaries and bennefits for life. So does their family.

Cops, MAY lose their jobs. Rare may go to jail.

Civilians, nothing.

Oaths only mean something to people with integrity and honor. Otherwise, without consequences for breaking an oath, they arent worth the paper they are written on.

But to answer the posters question. Yes, I will keep my oath and always have. It never ended.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I am unwilling to field all the criticism I am receiving from this post. Maybe I am too thin skinned for this forum.

Well, why don't you explain what prompted you to start the thread and how you are presently planning to keep your oath.

That, we can discuss.

Simple statements without context...there's not much there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is this where we get to test the actual bounds of this oath? I mean, since this is the internet and all.

For instance, I believe "lawful orders" is an important distinction from "orders," yet I do not see that included in the oath. That's basically implicit, right?

There's a reason the first words after "solemnly swear" are, "to support and defend the Constitution of the United States". By starting here you will not carry out unlawful orders, since your first duty is to support and defend the Constitution.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's a reason the first words after "solemnly swear" are, "to support and defend the Constitution of the United States". By starting here you will not carry out unlawful orders, since your first duty is to support and defend the Constitution.

I hear a lot on INGO about violating the constitutional rights of those accused of crimes....probably at least a few from those who (as I did) took the oath, so........

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am unwilling to field all the criticism I am receiving from this post. Maybe I am too thin skinned for this forum.

Well, why don't you explain what prompted you to start the thread and how you are presently planning to keep your oath.

That, we can discuss.

Simple statements without context...there's not much there.

What Hough said... "I stand by my oath! Unless someone hurts my feelings on the internet." ? As a DoD employee (civilian) I also took the same oath, and do so once a year.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I don't give a RIP who took the oath of who swore to it. I DID> and I meant it. Still do. Do you?

CB46184, I think it might be helpful if you would give a clue what prompted you to start this thread - were you trying to make a point? There's nothing wrong with reaffirming your oath. Married couples do it every day. Many here on INGO are ex-military or ex or active law enforcement. I've not met anyone here (electronically speaking) who took an oath, whom I believe don't take it seriously. So just give a clue if you were trying to make a particular point, even if it was just for your own benefit. We'll understand that, I think. And if your's was a military oath, I thank you, as a civilian, as I thank all oath takers who keep their oath.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    I certainly don't speak for cb, but my best guess is he is sick and tired of all of our 'overlords' that wipe their ass with the Constitution and only seem to care about enriching themselves, us citizens be damned.

Amen to this:

Yeah I mean most people look at the oath of marriage nowadays with a * and divorce being a easy way out of their oath.
    Im not slamming everyone who gets divorced. Im slamming people who dont take getting married seriously and have already uttered the words divorce before even walking down the isle.

Oaths mean a lot different things to some people. To me breaking an oath should carry severe punishments up to death in some cases if found guilty.
    Today's generations will swear and oath to anything just to get whatever it is they want right then and now and theyll just as easily break it tomorrow.

Military, breaking the oath has severe consequences.

Politicians, zero consequences. Theyll even keep getting elected and if not reelected if they were in congress they even get to keep part of their salaries and bennefits for life. So does their family.

Cops, MAY lose their jobs. Rare may go to jail.

Civilians, nothing.

Oaths only mean something to people with integrity and honor. Otherwise, without consequences for breaking an oath, they arent worth the paper they are written on.

But to answer the posters question. Yes, I will keep my oath and always have. It never ended.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He started it!

I will call BS on people who say that they still abide by their oaths. Perhaps they should say "part of it." Now it's a given that you don't have to follow the orders of officers, since after leaving the service, there are no officers you are bound to follow. But what about the president? As a soldier, you had to follow his orders regardless of whether you agreed with them or not. Now, I suspect, depending on party, you'll find many that would be more apt to tell a president to pound sand than follow his or her orders.

Top Bottom