• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I will call BS on people who say that they still abide by their oaths. Perhaps they should say "part of it." Now it's a given that you don't have to follow the orders of officers, since after leaving the service, there are no officers you are bound to follow. But what about the president? As a soldier, you had to follow his orders regardless of whether you agreed with them or not. Now, I suspect, depending on party, you'll find many that would be more apt to tell a president to pound sand than follow his or her orders.

True story. A pal of mine actually left the service when trump was elected. He said he refused to take orders from him so when he got a chance he got out.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Would a law enforcement officer demanding to see a permit for a firearm be considered breaking an oath to defend the Constitution?

If you're just walking your dog and he asks you, doesn't mean you have to comply. He can proactively ask anything he wants. But probably won't and is encouraged not to, unless he's reacting to something that involves you.

:popcorn:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Would a law enforcement officer demanding to see a permit for a firearm be considered breaking an oath to defend the Constitution?
    If you're just walking your dog and he asks you, doesn't mean you have to comply. He can proactively ask anything he wants. But probably won't and is encouraged not to, unless he's reacting to something that involves you.

:popcorn:

Yeah let's get ahead of this before someone gets ****** up. If you are OC'ing and an officer wants to see your license, you show it. Period, end of story. Should he have a reason to ask? Yes. Does he need one? No. Unless, you fear you will be done harm, comply. Let the justice system sort out who is right and who is wrong.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You heard it from the source.

I thought you were new. My mistake.
    You better show it to Kut so you don't get curb stomped.:nailbite:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    So yeah, encouraged not to. Something like that going south with the good citizen who knows their rrytes.

Like Kut said, should have a reason. If you're butthurt about it, sort it out later.

Last edited:

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Not saying I wouldnt show it if asked, I have on a 2 occasions. I just dont believe enforcing the fact that people have to pay for their constitutional rights is protecting the constitution.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Rep sent OP.
    Standing up for what you believe in isn't always going to be easy.
    IF it was easy more people would stand up for what they believe in.
    Anyway who gives a flying fart what anyone else thinks

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm not gonna make light of the need for the OP to reaffirm the Oath he took. I think some are just looking for the context that prompted him to do so here.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

I have had my coffee this morning. Last night I confused this post as the OP posting it and thought it was his question. Unintentional thread jack.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry, maybe I'm too stupid to understand all your complicted words. Thanks for not bothering me with them.

Sorry, mate, had non-internet things to attend to. ;) :)

I apologize if you felt my posts were part of the criticism. They were not intended as such. Oaths (and other types of promises) should be kept. I think even a consensus on INGO could agree to that.

My intent was to accept your invitation to discuss the oath. I figured that's the reason you started the thread - to talk about what that particular oath means in today's political climate, since this is the political forum.

:)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    True story. A pal of mine actually left the service when trump was elected. He said he refused to take orders from him so when he got a chance he got out.

I know a guy who was on track for a very successful military career, and made the same decision when Clinton was elected.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Many a year ago during the warfare between my law enforcement superiors and myself I was once again occupying my reserved seat at the Internal Investigation Section. I had received a written order telling me that any time I was making a public appearance speaking in support of the 2nd Amendment that I was not allowed to identify myself. I am not making this up. This order had no effect on my activities.

Since Internal investigators were routinely assigned to attend my appearances and report back to the chief on the content of my speeches it didn't take long for me to be summoned downtown.

Q: Did you receive the order instructing you that you are not to identify yourself while speaking publicly in opposition to police department policy on gun control?

A: Yes.

Q: Have you complied with this order?

A: Nope. It's an unlawful order. I haven't complied with it nor am I planning to. By the way, do you guys have a copy of the police department's policy on gun control? I'd like to read it.

(Investigators exchange deer-in-headlights looks.)

A: Uh...the police department doesn't have a written policy on gun control.

Q: If the department doesn't have a policy on gun control, how can I speak in opposition to it?

(Silent, dumfounded stares.)

Q: Are we done here?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I know a guy who was on track for a very successful military career, and made the same decision when Clinton was elected.

I was on track to become an active duty officer (ROTC, had already enlisted in the MI Army NG out of high school) when Clinton was president....I chose to serve out my enlistment and not become an officer. It wasn't because of Clinton, but the "peace dividend" he talked about made it easier to get out of my ROTC contract.

My oath is still valid, as is my prostate.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was on track to become an active duty officer (ROTC, had already enlisted in the MI Army NG out of high school) when Clinton was president....I chose to serve out my enlistment and not become an officer. It wasn't because of Clinton, but the "peace dividend" hea talked about made it easier to get out of my ROTC contract.

My oath is still valid, as is my prostate.

Pics or it isn't true.

Wait.

Wrong thread.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    It was common knowledge in the law enforcement community that there were record numbers of resignations from the Secret Service during Clinton's tenure as president owing to the fact that the Clinton's were so openly abusive to the agents on their protection detail.

Being assigned to protect Hillary was akin to a transfer to Siberia.

Top Bottom