• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Despite having already received payment via direct deposit, today I received a printed letter from the Dept. of Treasury to let me know I had received my payment.

I can't help but wonder how much it costs in paper, printing, envelopes and postage to mail out 10s if not hundreds of millions of letters that will end up in the trash 10 seconds after they're opened.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Despite having already received payment via direct deposit, today I received a printed letter from the Dept. of Treasury to let me know I had received my payment.

I can't help but wonder how much it costs in paper, printing, envelopes and postage to mail out 10s if not hundreds of millions of letters that will end up in the trash 10 seconds after they're opened.

I got that letter yesterday! At first I thought, "They're sending me another payment?" since it said my payment was "on its way" nearly 2 weeks after I had received it. Maybe they were following the same guidelines as public speaking. Tell 'em what you're going to tell 'em, tell 'em, then tell 'em what you told 'em. :rolleyes:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis

Too many people had their tax refunds direct deposited and therefore their stimulus check followed the same path, never seeing the "courtesy of Donald J. Trump" that the check recipients did. Thus the need for a personal letter from the President, mine was signed by Trump.
    As for the cost, while not insignificant it is a drop in the ocean of the $3.5 Trillion fed give away in the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Its kinda ironic that Trump recently complained that the Postal Service loses money delivering for Amazon. This is the largest franking privilege mailing in history. Maybe this will create enough PO budget imbalance to finally sink it.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think the letter is probably not a bad thing since some payments went to accounts in the names of the tax preparing service rather than the taxpayer.

We got ours this morning. I know at least one coworker that got hers today as well.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I got mine yesterday too. I tucked it away in the savings account for a month or two down the road. Unless a catastrophe happens, I'll be putting those funds towards a new paver walkway from my garage to the house.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Its kinda ironic that Trump recently complained that the Postal Service loses money delivering for Amazon. This is the largest franking privilege mailing in history. Maybe this will create enough PO budget imbalance to finally sink it.

Or get it back on track. I mean, if we're Constitutionalist, this is one thing that is an explicit service of govt.

Up till now, any cost savings have been nixed. The USPS has to get spending under control, but Congress ties their hands.

An easy cost savings would be to end weekend service.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Probably going to spend most, if not all and more, of mine tomorrow. Annual shots and heartworm/flea meds for the critters (2 dogs and a cat).

Ugh! Don't remind me. We usually partake of the clinic the 4H kids put on every year but with 3 labs it's still expensive. Not to mention the extras for 2 senior dogs, one's blind, one has a permanent trach. :spend: Never a dull moment.

Top Bottom