• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Personally I don't think we should get a damn dime from the government. Folks should prepare for the inevitable problems of life and live accordingly.

But hey, if they're going to give out money I'm not going to hold my breath and say, "No."

I'll be paying down debt, saving a little, and investing a little.

Regards,

Doug

PS - Of course, if'n I saw a good M1911 at a great price, well... I'm human too.:D

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Not really, they’re stealing money that hasn’t been invented yet. Future theft, I guess?

Screen-Shot-2019-05-23-at-1.38.20-PM.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mine's not showing up yet, but it's going in savings to replace the extra $650 for my electrical upgrade and water softener repair that I wasn't planning on. That will take most of it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    On a forum where it seems so few trust the government, it seems a lot of people will give them direct access to a bank account. Shocked to see the thread started by a handle with Libertarian in it!!!!

I want my paper check. I hadn't got a refund from the IRS this century until this year.

What would the government do with my direct deposit information that they couldn't already do with a subpoena or warrant based on whatever information they deem fit to support their intrusion?

At least I'll get my money sometime this week or next. I hear paper checks won't go out until at least May, if not later.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have Social Security direct deposit.
    Nothing yet.

Same here. SS goes direct. Not sure why anybody thinks that the Gov. having you bank info is so far fetched. Everything about every one of us is out there somewhere and it aint that hard to find.

CKW and I figure if we get it the Lions share will go to Rileys.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Same here. SS goes direct. Not sure why anybody thinks that the Gov. having you bank info is so far fetched. Everything about every one of us is out there somewhere and it aint that hard to find.

CKW and I figure if we get it the Lions share will go to Rileys.

I've never heard of riley's 1911 parts distributor :laugh:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wouldn't know as I am not the government. I do know I don't GIVE them or anyone else anymore information than I HAVE to. no matter what. If it wasn't for my wife, I would have went 4 census without being on them voluntarily.

What would the government do with my direct deposit information that they couldn't already do with a subpoena or warrant based on whatever information they deem fit to support their intrusion?

At least I'll get my money sometime this week or next. I hear paper checks won't go out until at least May, if not later.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Wouldn't know as I am not the government. I do know I don't GIVE them or anyone else anymore information than I HAVE to. no matter what. If it wasn't for my wife, I would have went 4 census without being on them voluntarily.

While I kind of understand this I'll say that if you have ever been in the service or have an NFA item the .gov already has everything they need. I don't think they have my DNA but I'm pretty sure they have everything else and the ability to find out what they want to without me having much if any say in the matter.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Personally I don't think we should get a damn dime from the government. Folks should prepare for the inevitable problems of life and live accordingly.

But hey, if they're going to give out money I'm not going to hold my breath and say, "No."

I'll be paying down debt, saving a little, and investing a little.

Regards,

Doug

PS - Of course, if'n I saw a good M1911 at a great price, well... I'm human too.:D

No govt free cheese headed my way unfortunately.

While I kind of understand this I'll say that if you have ever been in the service or have an NFA item the .gov already has everything they need. I don't think they have my DNA but I'm pretty sure they have everything else and the ability to find out what they want to without me having much if any say in the matter.

Well that and as others stated, I'm guessing it is not too hard for the govt to get bank account info, given that most of these institutions are FDIC insured, etc and of course certain transactions over certain amounts are monitored, etc.

And the fact that there is some info provided back when you deposit even a paper check, etc.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    IF they got all that then why can't they just deposit the check?

I am not doubting that they do so why don't they just deposit the check ?

No govt free cheese headed my way unfortunately.

Well that and as others stated, I'm guessing it is not too hard for the govt to get bank account info, given that most of these institutions are FDIC insured, etc and of course certain transactions over certain amounts are monitored, etc.

And the fact that there is some info provided back when you deposit even a paper check, etc.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My bank is having issues today...thinking everyone must be trying to log on to check for their deposit because I have been unable to access my account all day. I plan to donate mine to Goodyear and the local glass shop in exchange for new shoes and a pretty new windshield for my summer truck!!

I hope I get some $$$. They did direct deposit our $47 refund last year so hoping it is direct deposit since this year, I sent them a check bigger than the one they should be sending me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Bingo.

Top Bottom