• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Same here. SS goes direct. Not sure why anybody thinks that the Gov. having you bank info is so far fetched. Everything about every one of us is out there somewhere and it aint that hard to find.

CKW and I figure if we get it the Lions share will go to Rileys.

I'll let you know if/when I get mine.

It's my understanding that the government knows of every bank account each of us have anyway.
    Every bank account I've ever opened, they demanded my Social Security number.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    If they go off 2018 returns ill get 2900 bucks. Have not filed 2019 yet as I would not get a dime because of my sugar mommas income is more than mine.....:cool:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    While I kind of understand this I'll say that if you have ever been in the service or have an NFA item the .gov already has everything they need. I don't think they have my DNA but I'm pretty sure they have everything else and the ability to find out what they want to without me having much if any say in the matter.
    Yep. They even have pictures and digital info of everything you se d and receive by mail.
    I get shipping notification the same day anyone sends me a package with tracking. That means if the government wants it, they have it too just by typing in your name or address.
    Same thing with 4473's. They've been recording and storing that data for years even if it was illegal.
    It's not the feds I worry about. Its thieves and whackos.
    Dont get me wrong. I won't willingly surrender my rights. If I have a choice I'll always say no. My privacy is important to me whether its protecting it from a civilian voyer or one that gets a govt check.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    While I kind of understand this I'll say that if you have ever been in the service or have an NFA item the .gov already has everything they need. I don't think they have my DNA but I'm pretty sure they have everything else and the ability to find out what they want to without me having much if any say in the matter.

Have you ever mailed in a paper tax return? Did you lick the envelope when you mailed it to the IRS? If so they have your DNA. :shady:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not really, they’re stealing money that hasn’t been invented yet. Future theft, I guess?
    Pfft... that is such old thinking. They have the Fed printing money and buying the debt. We aren't even pretending to borrow the money any more.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    IF they got all that then why can't they just deposit the check?

I am not doubting that they do so why don't they just deposit the check ?

Because you have to have received direct deposit from the IRS in the past in order for them to have your bank account information on file for transactions.
    Doesn't mean they couldn't get it if they really wanted it. The onus is not on them to determine how you want to receive funds.

Not sure what evil you think the government is going to do with your routing number and account number.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Because you have to have received direct deposit from the IRS in the past in order for them to have your bank account information on file for transactions.
    Doesn't mean they couldn't get it if they really wanted it. The onus is not on them to determine how you want to receive funds.

Not sure what evil you think the government is going to do with your routing number and account number.

Those numbers are on every paper check and easy to see.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    We’ve been direct deposit for several years. Haven’t seen anything show up yet. I think I “qualify” for the max amount.

They are rolling it out in phases. Don't know how they determine the order. This article says that most should receive the money by Wednesday 4/15.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ecks-first-payments-going-out-irs/2968900001/

You can click on this IRS link for more information:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

(Warning: That's a government link, so they might get your IP address!) :runaway:

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    They are rolling it out in phases. Don't know how they determine the order. This article says that most should receive the money by Wednesday 4/15.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ecks-first-payments-going-out-irs/2968900001/

You can click on this IRS link for more information:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

(Warning: That's a government link, so they might get your IP address!) :runaway:

maybe going alphabetically and who chose direct deposit. I should get max and have done direct deposit for my taxes for years and have yet to see it in my bank account. My last name starts with a “S”. Just a guess, not even an educated one at that.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm taking donations .... the trigger time cannon fund. I want to buy a full size civil war cannon. All donations appreciated ;)

How much does that cost?

I don't think my wife would go for it, but a year ago I didn't think she would ever go for a flamethrower, either.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I just think they are evil ontologically.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Interesting choice. I would think google, apple, and/or your phone carrier would have more than Amazon. Point made though, Alexa probably knows all about me. She just told me that Timothy McVeigh believed that the government was evil ontologically.

I think that means he and I are a lot alike!

But yet we blithely hand over tons of information to Amazon...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Interesting choice. I would think google, apple, and/or your phone carrier would have more than Amazon. Point made though, Alexa probably knows all about me. She just told me that Timothy McVeigh believed that the government was evil ontologically.

I think that means he and I are a lot alike!

OK I have to ask...…...You have a hall monitor in your home and you fear big brother...……:faint:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    OK I have to ask...…...You have a hall monitor in your home and you fear big brother...……:faint:

I love technology, and like to poke fun at folks who still write checks and use cash. But even I don't have one of those things in my home.

Isn't "Alexa" Spanish for "wiretap?"

:):

Top Bottom