• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My daughter and her husband got theirs today. No sign of a deposit to our account. We had direct deposit last year and paid this year so I assumed they would send it to the account we used last time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My daughter and her husband got theirs today. No sign of a deposit to our account. We had direct deposit last year and paid this year so I assumed they would send it to the account we used last time.

Ours landed in CKW's account as that is where we do our taxes from.
    Now to see what charity's we will send it to. Rileys children's hospital is #1 on the list.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I thought my check was supposed to be $2400, but I had $3400 pending in my account.

Did something change? I thought the only rules were under $150,000 and married.

I'm waiting for the Feds to tell me that they accidentally gave me too much money before spending it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ours landed in CKW's account as that is where we do our taxes from.
    Now to see what charity's we will send it to. Rileys children's hospital is #1 on the list.

I commend you for donating your stimulus money. I can PM you my email address for Chase Pay/PayPal if you would like to donate to my homestead fund...lol
    I'm going to use most of mine to add a greenhouse to my preps. Extend my growing season
    Been wanting to add a greenhouse for some time but money just never allowed for it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My daughter and her hubby didn't get anything for the baby. I guess maybe because he was born in December and wasn't claimed for the whole year on their taxes??

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Mine arrived... a whole $29.25 :):

$29.25 more than I'll get. I did however cut a check back to the govt for a few thousand earlier this year... There are worse problems to have I guess, as long as either of us doesn't end up needing it before this is all said and done.

My daughter and her hubby didn't get anything for the baby. I guess maybe because he was born in December and wasn't claimed for the whole year on their taxes??

Not sure of the exact rules on this but, I think if you have a baby any time during the year you can generally claim them for the whole year as a dependent (?) .
    Had they already filed their 2019 tax year taxes as yet? If not, then it makes sense that it would be based on 2018 taxes and not consider the new dependent.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The link to provide the IRS with your direct deposit information is [STRIKE]now [/STRIKE] not available. Should speed things up for some of us who were waiting for a paper check.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Well the link is not working to add electronic deposit information, only to check status.

With the rampant identity theft I have always preferred paper filing and paper checks for my taxes. It is one less thing of mine for the IRS to lose when they ultimately get hacked in the future. Guess I will wait to get stimulated.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well the link is not working to add electronic deposit information, only to check status.

With the rampant identity theft I have always preferred paper filing and paper checks for my taxes. It is one less thing of mine for the IRS to lose when they ultimately get hacked in the future. Guess I will wait to get stimulated.

There is an option for non-filers that may let you add your bank info there if you want to.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    $29.25 more than I'll get. I did however cut a check back to the govt for a few thousand earlier this year... There are worse problems to have I guess, as long as either of us doesn't end up needing it before this is all said and done.

Not sure of the exact rules on this but, I think if you have a baby any time during the year you can generally claim them for the whole year as a dependent (?) .
    Had they already filed their 2019 tax year taxes as yet? If not, then it makes sense that it would be based on 2018 taxes and not consider the new dependent.
    No I think they have to be in your household for at least 6 months.
    If they had enough out of pocket medical expenses for the birth and prenatal care they could claim that before, not sure how that works under the new tax plan for itemizations. This is why I hire someone who knows what they are doing.
    I say, minimize my ass banging by uncle sam as much as legally possible.

On the deposits I wonder if they are going by when people filed?
    I always wait until the last week to file my taxes. I don't want to know what I owe them or cut a check until then.
    I'm not counting on a stimulus. If we get one cool. If not oh well, I'll have what I had before. No loss. No gain.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I don't get a check, but I did my part to stimulate the economy today by cutting a check to the IRS to fund plague checks for about 35 people. Enjoy my benevolence.

Dirty Steve

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    No I think they have to be in your household for at least 6 months.
    If they had enough out of pocket medical expenses for the birth and prenatal care they could claim that before, not sure how that works under the new tax plan for itemizations. This is why I hire someone who knows what they are doing.
    I say, minimize my ass banging by uncle sam as much as legally possible.

On the deposits I wonder if they are going by when people filed?
    I always wait until the last week to file my taxes. I don't want to know what I owe them or cut a check until then.
    I'm not counting on a stimulus. If we get one cool. If not oh well, I'll have what I had before. No loss. No gain.

THIS!!! And they had to have more than $9K out of pocket for medical expenses (I think that was the number) so in spite of them having a few thousand in bills to pay on, they did not hit that level.

I just saw this link shared on FB and went to it. When I logged in, it said they did not have our direct deposit info on file even though that was how we got our refund in 2018. I updated the info and it says we are now going to get direct deposit...not sure when though.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get..._XxQmi9JldXhYZMediseWVjIIoWRwLJF6q75lpQ9xXSXU

Top Bottom