• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It is unfortunate that the world today seems to have forgotten the once well-documented horrors of communism.

Very true. For example, every time I see a Che Guevara t-shirt, it makes me want to walk over to the stupid SOB wearing it and smack him upside the head and tell him to go read a book or two and learn what the 'awesome' Che was really like.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Very true. For example, every time I see a Che Guevara t-shirt, it makes me want to walk over to the stupid SOB wearing it and smack him upside the head and tell him to go read a book or two and learn what the 'awesome' Che was really like.

The Che Guevara fans are to me much like the anarchists I had to deal with while still a LEO. They don't fully understand what they're supporting, but "all the cool kids are doing it."

The anarchists had a naive belief that once government was removed, they would live in a sweet utopia where no one would tell them what to do. Unfortunately, they failed to understand that a post-government world would be much more like The Walking Dead-the biggest, meanest, most well-equipped people would be in charge, and the anarchists would be their slaves.

I suspect the communists/Che Guevara fans also harbor a similar fantasy about how life would be, all rainbows and unicorns.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The Che Guevara fans are to me much like the anarchists I had to deal with while still a LEO. They don't fully understand what they're supporting, but "all the cool kids are doing it."

The anarchists had a naive belief that once government was removed, they would live in a sweet utopia where no one would tell them what to do. Unfortunately, they failed to understand that a post-government world would be much more like The Walking Dead-the biggest, meanest, most well-equipped people would be in charge, and the anarchists would be their slaves.

I suspect the communists/Che Guevara fans also harbor a similar fantasy about how life would be, all rainbows and unicorns.

I think the same thing when I hear Imagine.
    [video=youtube;yRhq-yO1KN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhq-yO1KN8[/video]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I agree completely. At the same time, had someone raised them halfway right, they would know better than to be a fanboy/girl without understanding what they are signing on for--what it really is and not what the brochure says.

Tillerson: U.S. and China agree on complete North Korean denuclearization

The Chinese aren't stupid. They can see as well as (perhaps better than) we can that not only is Little Kim nuttier than a bucket of cashews, his dad was unstable even if not quite so bad, and his grandpa was perfectly sane albeit evil as hell. At this rate, if Little Kim makes it that far, we can safely assume that an children of his will be even more insane yet--hardly the hands that any sane person or national government wants holding nuclear weapons.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Maybe because I joined the Army at 17 in 1986 then retired 24 years later.

I view Communist as "targets".

Is that wrong?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Maybe because I joined the Army at 17 in 1986 then retired 24 years later.

I view Communist as "targets".

Is that wrong?

NO! It simply means that you haven't been afflicted with the epidemic of cranial-rectal inversion which seems to be permeating the country.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I thought Russia was our friend now, but only Cuba was bad? So, not all communism is a band thing, just the kind we don't like.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I thought Russia was our friend now, but only Cuba was bad? So, not all communism is a band thing, just the kind we don't like.
    Yeah, it's pretty good, if you don't mind the police spying on you, having your neighbors spying on you, having your family spying on you, getting your news from only an official government source, locking you up without evidence or a trial, putting you in re-education camps, standing in long lines for bread and toilet paper, only having official government endorsed entertainment, having mandatory assemblies, having the government decide what your career path will be, not being allowed to travel, not being allowed an education unless government approved, being summarily executed as an enemy of the state...

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Yeah, it's pretty good, if you don't mind the police spying on you, having your neighbors spying on you, having your family spying on you, getting your news from only an official government source, locking you up without evidence or a trial, putting you in re-education camps, standing in long lines for bread and toilet paper, only having official government endorsed entertainment, having mandatory assemblies, having the government decide what your career path will be, not being allowed to travel, not being allowed an education unless government approved, being summarily executed as an enemy of the state...

So, Iike Illinois, but with red flag laws?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ehhh... Trump publicly exonerated Kim Jong Un's involvement with Otto Warmbier's fate, based on the word of Kim Jong Un.

I know you're trying to make deals and make friends... but it seems like standing with Warmbier's family would be a better look.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Ehhh... Trump publicly exonerated Kim Jong Un's involvement with Otto Warmbier's fate, based on the word of Kim Jong Un.

I know you're trying to make deals and make friends... but it seems like standing with Warmbier's family would be a better look.

Well, one of the things that makes him different is that, for better or worse, he never seems to care how things look. I'm still not sure what I think of that, refreshing at times, painful at times. I guess that is why I am conflicted about it.

Partsguy210

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2019
    nappanee
    I recall one of those experiences in my youth when, while working on a construction project, I noticed an older guy with a couple of fingers (middle and ring) missing from his left hand. Assuming this to be the product of an accident from which I might benefit by learning from his experience rather than discovering it myself, I inquired. As it turned out, in his youth, he had been in the navy. When the ship docked in Turkey, those fingers got sticky and the Turks kept them.

And I bet he has not stolen anymore...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The quote:

"I really believe something very bad happened to him, and I don't think that the top leadership knew about it...(Kim Jong-Un) felt very badly about it...He tells me that he didn't know about it, and I will take him at his word."

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The quote:

"I really believe something very bad happened to him, and I don't think that the top leadership knew about it...(Kim Jong-Un) felt very badly about it...He tells me that he didn't know about it, and I will take him at his word."

[video=youtube;xvuItALS9Xk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvuItALS9Xk[/video]

Top Bottom