• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Aside from the Wall, what kinds of emergencies does one typically wait two years to address?

It was and is an "emergency" for many people and they have been waiting for way more than two years for this to be corrected. We were lied to when the amnesty was done in the 80's that illegal immigration would be fixed, alas, it was not. The parties keep kicking the can down the road so the public elected a President to implement the fix, one piece, the most visible, was the wall. That President worked patiently within the system for two years, now after the system failing to work is taking a law whereby Congress gave the President the authority to do just this, and implementing parts of what he promised. If you or Congress does not like it, they just need pass a new law taking back the power they abdicated.

MM

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It was and is an "emergency" for many people and they have been waiting for way more than two years for this to be corrected. We were lied to when the amnesty was done in the 80's that illegal immigration would be fixed, alas, it was not. The parties keep kicking the can down the road so the public elected a President to implement the fix, one piece, the most visible, was the wall. That President worked patiently within the system for two years, now after the system failing to work is taking a law whereby Congress gave the President the authority to do just this, and implementing parts of what he promised. If you or Congress does not like it, they just need pass a new law taking back the power they abdicated.

MM

I do not agree. The president has not made any substantial moves to correct the problem, other than jet setting to rallies and making the claim that Mexico would pay for the wall. If you care to look at the history of what has been offered prior to this, you will see that the president has mislead congress on the issue. Further, if this is the emergency that the president claims it to be, why did he sign the deal congress just sent to him? Have you seen what's in that bill? But I digress, this wall would be nothing more than a massive monument to presidential vanity, with dubious value compared to other avenues.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I think that the existence of the large well organized, and funded caravans of illegals, and the refusal of both parties to deal with it is the main thing that makes it an emergency.

The crime has always been there.
    The trafficking has always been their.
    The drugs has always been there.

This escalation, however is a new, and dramatic change to the entire situation. It was brought about directly by the enemies of President Trump solely to get more left leaning voters into the country, for the purpose of wrestling power away from one side, towards the other.

The invading hoards will put a great strain on the nation, and they are being placed in danger during the trip, as they have no clue they are being used as pawns in a political power struggle. The only reason it doesn't appear to be an emergency, is because the media is making it look like President Trump is doing it simply because he didn't get his way.

The increased illegal immigration traffic also allows for increased crime based activity to go un-noticed, or at least masked.

So yeah, if it wasn't an emergency before... it is now... thanks to the left...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Trump signed the deal Congress just sent him to avoid another government shutdown. It was in his back pocket all the time that he would declare a national emergency when he knew he wouldn’t get what he wanted for the wall. It will be up to the Courts, possibly all the way up to the Supreme Court to see who gets the last say on this. As for future retaliatory emergency actions when power shifts in the Executive Branch, it doesn’t matter now. The horse is out of the barn already.

I see another gun and ammo buying panic coming. By what you want now (and more) while it’s cheap. We all were doing this already, right?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    the refusal of both parties to deal with it is the main thing that makes it an emergency.

This is nonsense. Congress is not refusing to deal with anything; Congress has endorsed the status quo by deciding not to change anything.

It's not inaction. It looks like inaction if you assume that what is currently happening is different than what Congress wants to happen. I don't think there is evidence that what is currently happening is not what Congress wants.

Congress has decided that the current immigration status is what they want. There is no other reasonable explanation.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think that the existence of the large well organized, and funded caravans of illegals, and the refusal of both parties to deal with it is the main thing that makes it an emergency.

The crime has always been there.
    The trafficking has always been their.
    The drugs has always been there.

This escalation, however is a new, and dramatic change to the entire situation. It was brought about directly by the enemies of President Trump solely to get more left leaning voters into the country, for the purpose of wrestling power away from one side, towards the other.

The invading hoards will put a great strain on the nation, and they are being placed in danger during the trip, as they have no clue they are being used as pawns in a political power struggle. The only reason it doesn't appear to be an emergency, is because the media is making it look like President Trump is doing it simply because he didn't get his way.

The increased illegal immigration traffic also allows for increased crime based activity to go un-noticed, or at least masked.

So yeah, if it wasn't an emergency before... it is now... thanks to the left...
    Hold on. I know I have seen claims around here that illegal immigration is down the last two years. 10K or 30K is a drop in the bucket, and as previously stated up thread, there are much more efficient ways to deal with those than building a wall.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Trump signed the deal Congress just sent him to avoid another government shutdown. It was in his back pocket all the time that he would declare a national emergency when he knew he wouldn’t get what he wanted for the wall. It will be up to the Courts, possibly all the way up to the Supreme Court to see who gets the last say on this. As for future retaliatory emergency actions when power shifts in the Executive Branch, it doesn’t matter now. The horse is out of the barn already.

I see another gun and ammo buying panic coming. By what you want now (and more) while it’s cheap. We all were doing this already, right?
    Why didn't Trump refuse the last two budgets that didn't have his money?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not to disagree necessarily, but did we have well funded and promoted organized caravans back then?

To recap Paul Ryan lied and kept pushing things out, the illegals are being promoted and assisted by several entities.

MM
    I've heard people saying this but I am wondering what SPECIFIC entities are paying for the migrants move toward the US?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    This is nonsense. Congress is not refusing to deal with anything; Congress has endorsed the status quo by deciding not to change anything.

It's not inaction. It looks like inaction if you assume that what is currently happening is different than what Congress wants to happen. I don't think there is evidence that what is currently happening is not what Congress wants.

Congress has decided that the current immigration status is what they want. There is no other reasonable explanation.

While I agree that congress has pretty much endorsed the status quo... (hell they caused it) they have indeed refused to deal with something.

They have refused to deal with what has become a financial, and security threat to our nation...

Our open, unsecure southern border.

It may well be the status they want, but it is still a threat. It just happens to be that right now only the President has the balls to call it out for the threat it is. Everybody else is either too afraid to be called a racist, or is looking for ways to benefit from it through future votes... from people they don't really give a crap about.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    At the end of it all I think that big law firms will be the only winners here.

Always follow the money

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Actually it hasn't, that is why I asked. People have pointed me to articles and news stories that do not connect any solid dots. Just partisan finger pointing.

I hope we can all agree that its definitely NOT the caravaners themselves? The question to ask is "so who benefits from them coming here?" Democrats who are playing the long game and know these are their likely future voters? Those looking to weaken our country and knock us off the top of the global power players? Etc, etc, etc.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I hope we can all agree that its definitely NOT the caravaners themselves? The question to ask is "so who benefits from them coming here?" Democrats who are playing the long game and know these are their likely future voters? Those looking to weaken our country and knock us off the top of the global power players? Etc, etc, etc.
    It certainly COULD be that. But Conservatives gain much from this as well. Without the caravaners, the push for the wall is much less urgent. The migrants support BOTH agendas when looking through that party's lens.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nah, we elected Trump to build the wall without caravans on the way. It was just the normal open border flow of democrat voters.

You know, the same democrats who don't want us to have ANY guns?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Nah, we elected Trump to build the wall without caravans on the way. It was just the normal open border flow of democrat voters.

You know, the same democrats who don't want us to have ANY guns?
    Yes, but Americans have notoriously short attention spans. Does either party NEED these caravans? No. Can either party USE them to support their own arguments? Yes. International geopolitical affairs is a complicated animal and I have not seen any PROOF that these migrations (which have been happening for years) are not the result of good 'ol Central American 3rd world misery.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nancy Pelosi is taking shots at Trump saying that the border is not a national emergency... but gun violence is. She states that this declaration sets a precedent that a later Democrat President could now use to institute gun-control and other Liberal policies, bypassing the legislature.

I believe if this was possible Obama would have done it, what say you?
    Late to the thread again. But I just wanna say, “Toldjah!l

Obama didn’t do gun control through emergency action because he didn’t think he could get away with it. Trump has no such inhibitions. He’ll do what he wants and take his chances that he’ll get away with it. And he usually does. When Trump does it to get the things Trumpers want, they think he’s awesome. If he can bypass congress to get funding for the wall, he can bypass congress to redefine the legislated definition of a machine gun. It’s one of the more dangerous aspects of him. Just think what this new tactic can do in the hands of democrats. Trump has shown them the way. Would really be nice to have a rule of law president.

Top Bottom