• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Does this mean Glock will come out with a Navy model?

Absolutely! It will be navy blue Tupperware/navy blue Cerakote, with a Navy Seal logo pressed into the grip. The presentation model will have gold highlights on the logo which would be unacceptable on a combat gun for obvious reasons. It, of course, will be 50% higher in price for the standard model and 100% higher for the presentation model.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Kinda seems a bit backwards since they tend to test new military gear often before anyone else knows it exists.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm surprised this is just making INGO. It's been on Facebook for a while. I wonder how many will sell their P226 now?

Man I haven't even shot my 226 that I got recently. Darn! Anyone want to trade a NIB P226 for a G19? :laugh:

That's okay. Just because they are switching, doesn't mean it's better. Keep in mind that everything that is manufactured has to be sold. And salesman can sell the best or they can sell the rest.:)

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    If you listen closely, you can hear all the keyboard operators stroking their neck beards in approval.

I have an operator license issued by the state of Indiana.
    It's renewable on my birthday in 2021.
    I'm good to go until then.

Oh, and on the back, it says...

Restrictions:none

thats better than double O status if you ask me.

Gotta go get me a glock.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    On the plus side I can buy a much cheaper glock and be just like a SEAL. except that glocks suck of course. ;)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Kinda seems a bit backwards since they tend to test new military gear often before anyone else knows it exists.

I am gong to say that this follows the same principle as what Tom Clancy said about building aircraft carriers in reference to the fact that our friends at Newport News Shipbuilding still build them in a drydock ON OAK BLOCKS, just like they did a century ago: Some things just work and cannot be improved. Since John Browning developed his basic recoil-operated pistol action, there have been some refinements, generally more for the purpose of convenience of manufacture than actually improving the product, but the general design is virtually unchanged. Substitution of a sliding ramp for the swinging link and replacement of the mill cuts in the top of the barrel and inside of the slide with a block-ended barrel fitting into a square oversized ejection port do not qualify as actual improvements in my reckoning. In the case of the Glock, reviving the basic single-action striker mechanism adding in the not-quite-fully-cocked and disaligned parts as a safety device is a refinement of an old idea which, again, cannot be materially improved. Really, unless they stumbled on a source of Romulan disruptors, I don't know how they would get significantly ahead of the curve.

Wonder why they would go with the 19 instead of the 17?

I would guess that it is a matter of convenience/less awkward in some circumstances, easier handling, and somewhat more concealable so that they can use the same gun when they go in dressed up like hoodlums rather than super-ninjas.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    bhdsafety.gif

My favorite scene

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    My local pd is going from Sigs to Glock 19s too. I don't think they are part of the Navy Seals. To my knowledge.

And yes I was smugly well ahead of the curve with my G19. :rockwoot:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I sell a product to a company that make tent floors for the military. We are required to send a QC certificate with every order that we send them.

It doesn't matter if you are a Glock fan or a Sig fan the bottom line is the NSW will have a quality weapon that is held to certain specs.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I, along with some others including and especially Churchmouse, have been ahead of the curve for 105 years!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Sweet! Prices of Sigs just went down and the used market will soon be flooded! Always wanted one. May be able to afford one now!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sounds like the only one wanting an argument, is you. The military has a history of wanting sidearms with manual safeties. It is just an observation.

Not arguing just respectfully pointing out that isn't always correct. While many specifications require safety's Many, Many Military sidearms have no safety. Recently there is the Sig 226 and the 228 aka M 11 as well as all the many revolvers they used up into the 1990s model 10,12 and 15 S&W's and Glocks have been used in unofficial numbers for a minute.

Top Bottom