• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I don't think the numbers are being manipulated. I really don't think that most people agree with arming teachers. The poll is way too simple. I voted unsure.

Why do we arm our police? To stop bad guys when needed, thats why. Why not arm our teachers? Teachers that want to carry, can go thru the same program our police go thru. Unless you think teachers cant make decisions on their own when it comes to protecting someone. Id imagine a properly trained teacher would of stopped this carnage before that many students were killed. Im sure an armed teacher/football coach/ lunchlady/janitor/principal etc would of had a better affect on stopping this that the 4 sheriffs who wouldn't go in.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I think the majority of people who think arming teachers means handing out a gun with the attendance roll. I've read posts of teachers who think the school would require them to have a gun in the classroom. They are all freaked out about it. Id they understood the entire process is voluntary and the amount of training required, it might be a different story.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I think the majority of people who think arming teachers means handing out a gun with the attendance roll. I've read posts of teachers who think the school would require them to have a gun in the classroom. They are all freaked out about it. Id they understood the entire process is voluntary and the amount of training required, it might be a different story.

Why sit down and discuss the facts, when there is an opportunity to throw a tantrum and make the other side look bad. It's all about "my feels!"

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    How well have gun free zones in schools been working out for us so far?

If people are so opposed to arming teachers, how about we arm principles and building maintenance techs. Get somebody in there with an ability to defend.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How well have gun free zones in schools been working out for us so far?

If people are so opposed to arming teachers, how about we arm principles and maintenance techs. Get somebody in there with an ability to defend.

Why stop at teachers? Why not postmen, bus drivers, trash collectors, and pretty much every other government civilian worker that might possibly encounter danger?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Why stop at teachers? Why not postmen, bus drivers, trash collectors, and pretty much every other government civilian worker that might possibly encounter danger?

I wouldn't force them, but I think they shouldn't have to give up their right as a condition of employment. Frankly, bus drivers probably should carry.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Voted on 3 sepeate devices as an experiment. 30% with each vote seconds withing of each other. Hmmm :tinfoil:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yes to bus drivers. I never had a problem with any of the kids to that extent, and even a couple of parents that got their panties in a wad weren't so bad, but I could see a terrorist or mass murderer taking a busload and doing something reprehensible.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    No offence to them, but defiantly not postmen.

Just the possibility of meeting armed resistance would be enough deterrent to prevent these cowards. There doesn't even need to be a gun in the school, the possibility that there might be would be enough.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The dropping numbers might just show the Libs aren't sitting on their asses any longer. Lets NOT underestimate them at all.
    When I voted it was 50%
    This should be a wake up call to get more involved but it seems much easier to blame corruption.
    That's just a view from the cheap seats.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Nobody's making everybody carry. And you should take out the word "government" before "civilian". Why limit it to "government civilians". If you want to carry, carry. There should be no Government stipulations involved.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Great idea! How about letting every law abiding citizen be armed at all times? This will mean more good guys with guns when time is of the essence.

Top Bottom