• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Reminder when posting polls here... It's best if you copy the URL and paste it into your own browser instead of clicking the link.

It's easier to see when a poll is brigaded when people click links directly to it.

Which gives them an excuse to say the poll was compromised.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    There's a lot of projection among the libs, and it comes into stark focus around guns. The vocal ones, the antis, are emotionally underdeveloped, but they're mature enough to know they'd be the ones to have the gunfight over the proverbial parking spot. Or if they got to losing a face to face argument. They feel they would do that, so they presume we would, too.

If possessing in school as a teacher needed half the training I put in to drive the bus, there would be plenty of time for proficiency, plus you could weed out the non hackers that don't need to go armed anywhere. I do think gun free zones are the stupidest idea since DST, and someone that has business there and a LTCH should be clear to carry. "But then you'll have people with guns wandering the halls". Oh yeah? The way it is now, the only one with a gun in the school is there to kill people. Everyone else is a target.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    While I believe that teachers should be armed I think they shouldn't be required to be armed. If the want to then yes carry, but some are not interested in guns or are actually afraid of them they should not have to do something they are not comfortable doing. I feel training should be offered to those wanting it but we as gun owners need to be careful about saying "required training" I can see this being twisted around by the anti-gunners and saying that "you wanted the teachers to have mandatory training then shouldn't all gun owners have the same training".
    Most gun owners are not gun enthusiast and are not going to want any required training(even if training would be good for them).
    Training can be twisted around to ending with a test that you have to pass to carry. Who sets the parameters for such a test? Make a impossible test to carry or own a gun and the anti-gunners have done what they wanted by giving us what we asked for if we require the training for the teachers. I know this is slippery slope stuff but have seen this approach before by employers to get rid of certain employees.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Definitely not required, but take down that stoopid GFZ sign and let the potential shooter figure probable armed response into his plans. To drive the bus, I had to go through weeks of driving, tests, and training. I had to learn how to do stuff that would get me fired outright if I did it on duty. I had to learn those things because a bus driver has a B CDL plus public passenger, and now a school bus endorsement. They're basically handing me the keys to a deadly weapon full of high value targets.

While I was out with the instructor driving one day, I saw an RV that was easily as big and heavy as the bus, and remarked that you just walk on the lot, pay your money, and drive off with the thing. If a teacher wants to carry, I don't object to some training for duty around children, including how to address guns in general and the teachers' guns in particular, and recurring background checks, them having charge of a roomful of varmints. Things those of us that don't deal with children regularly in large groups wouldn't need.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Reminder when posting polls here... It's best if you copy the URL and paste it into your own browser instead of clicking the link.

It's easier to see when a poll is brigaded when people click links directly to it.

Which gives them an excuse to say the poll was compromised.

I want them to say the poll was compromised. Online polls are all compromised. I've been thinking of a bot I could write to spam online polls with the most undesired outcome for the originator of the poll. I want them to understand how absurd they are.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Definitely not required, but take down that stoopid GFZ sign and let the potential shooter figure probable armed response into his plans. To drive the bus, I had to go through weeks of driving, tests, and training. I had to learn how to do stuff that would get me fired outright if I did it on duty. I had to learn those things because a bus driver has a B CDL plus public passenger, and now a school bus endorsement. They're basically handing me the keys to a deadly weapon full of high value targets.

While I was out with the instructor driving one day, I saw an RV that was easily as big and heavy as the bus, and remarked that you just walk on the lot, pay your money, and drive off with the thing. If a teacher wants to carry, I don't object to some training for duty around children, including how to address guns in general and the teachers' guns in particular, and recurring background checks, them having charge of a roomful of varmints. Things those of us that don't deal with children regularly in large groups wouldn't need.

I agree, the signs do zero to protect and do everything to highlight open targets of prey. To see one of those signs and think "I am totally safe here" is complete idiotic stupidity.

In one of my sons classes a teacher remarked that she would "quit teaching" if that allowed any guns in schools. They have a school guard that my son thinks is a retired or maybe off duty LEO. The guys does get to carry a taser and got to use it last year to break up a fight. But that tazer isn't gonna do :poop: against an armed wacko.

I think some of these people think that we want all teachers to have to carry guns. People that aren't comfortable with firearms should avoid them. I get it. But get over your paranoia. are are not all running around looking for people to shoot.

I am hoping that teachers that carry will take some gun training. I would go so far as saying make it a requirement just like training is for LEO and military. That might ease a few minds. Something needs to be done. The GFZ's aren't cutting it anymore.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It's not teachers with guns we need to worry about around our kids.

Most teachers I've met are on the brink of mental breakdowns. When I was in high school, I made two cry (that I can think of off hand) and another threw a desk at me out of anger. Not sure these are the people I want armed in my kid's schools.

Mostly just playing devil's advocate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Most teachers I've met are on the brink of mental breakdowns. When I was in high school, I made two cry (that I can think of off hand) and another threw a desk at me out of anger. Not sure these are the people I want armed in my kid's schools.

Mostly just playing devil's advocate.

Oooh, yeah I did that too. Bring back paddles in schools, and then we can talk about guns.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Wife is a teacher. From the ones that I have met, maybe 20-25% seem like they have the emotional maturity, to even own a gun. If a teacher or administrator wants to be armed, and can pass the background checks and training, then it should be an option. That option would have to pass muster with the local school board, be coordinated with law enforcement and supported by the local community.

Unfortunately, the anti-gun crowd is screaming and throwing tantrums while twisting the facts, in order to prevent any reasonable discussion of the arming teachers issue.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Wife is a teacher. From the ones that I have met, maybe 20-25% seem like they have the emotional maturity, to even own a gun. If a teacher or administrator wants to be armed, and can pass the background checks and training, then it should be an option. That option would have to pass muster with the local school board, be coordinated with law enforcement and supported by the local community.

Unfortunately, the anti-gun crowd is screaming and throwing tantrums while twisting the facts, in order to prevent any reasonable discussion of the arming teachers issue.

Then the antis should be left out of the loop. Keep this quiet on the low.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    How well have gun free zones in schools been working out for us so far?

If people are so opposed to arming teachers, how about we arm principles and building maintenance techs. Get somebody in there with an ability to defend.

Well we had four HIGHLY TRAINED PROFESSIONALS there and look how that turned out. Get someone with BALLS instead of COWARDS.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I know some teachers that shoot a lot and I would trust them to have a firearm in the school. That isn't the norm and I wouldn't expect it to be. Most teachers I know don't want anything to do with carrying a gun and I can respect that. That isn't what they signed up for when they decided to become teachers.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Oooh, yeah I did that too. Bring back paddles in schools, and then we can talk about guns.

I'm ok with that. I got paddled in elementary school and I never forgot it. Principal called my mother and I guess asked if she was alright with me being paddled. She said let him have it and I'll be giving him some more when he gets home. And they both did

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I know some teachers that shoot a lot and I would trust them to have a firearm in the school. That isn't the norm and I wouldn't expect it to be. Most teachers I know don't want anything to do with carrying a gun and I can respect that. That isn't what they signed up for when they decided to become teachers.

I have relations in Alaska who are teachers. At least 50% are armed or have a firearm in their vehicle. Completely different mindset when you get up there.

Top Bottom