• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Court records reveal that Hurd has been charged multiple times in the past for being a serious violent felon in possession of a firearm. Last March, he pleaded guilty to his charge and was given four years of probation with the first two years ordered to be served on home detention.

Hurd was still on GPS monitoring when he visited Topgolf. Marion County Probation helped police determine that Hurd was at Topgolf by tracking his GPS monitor and determining that he fled the business and returned to his home on 34th Street.
    So this proves what's already been known: that house arrest thing is more of an audit trail after the fact than any kind of actual active monitoring... Yeah, what a deterrent.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Being a felon repeatedly illegally possessing a firearm should warrant a full blown prosecution for every applicable criminal violation. Hopefully, no soft glove plea deals and an easy conviction.
    Let’s see what happens?
    So...he may get a stern talking-to and several finger wags.
    What is the maximum sentence for felon with a gun?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So...he may get a stern talking-to and several finger wags.
    What is the maximum sentence for felon with a gun?
    Federal it's 10 years IIRC. State? Well looking at MyCase he had not one but 3 SVF with handgun arrests. One he did some time. Next one dismissed (Mears) next one found guilty, got 5 years... 5 days jail credit and the rest was suspended.

I think this might be the problem.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Federal it's 10 years IIRC. State? Well looking at MyCase he had not one but 3 SVF with handgun arrests. One he did some time. Next one dismissed (Mears) next one found guilty, got 5 years... 5 days jail credit and the rest was suspended.

I think this might be the problem.
    "I think this might be the problem" is like saying "The maiden voyage of the Titanic was somewhat sub-optimal."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So this proves what's already been known: that house arrest thing is more of an audit trail after the fact than any kind of actual active monitoring... Yeah, what a deterrent.

One might wonder how many people are on house arrest vs how many people there are to monitor those out house arrest. One could similarly wonder what private enterprise is paid for the house arrest program. One could then perhaps wonder how much profit is generated by not monitoring the people in a monitoring program.

Not me, of course. I mind my own business and don't wonder things at all. Wondering about things can get you in trouble, after all.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    One might wonder how many people are on house arrest vs how many people there are to monitor those out house arrest. One could similarly wonder what private enterprise is paid for the house arrest program. One could then perhaps wonder how much profit is generated by not monitoring the people in a monitoring program.

Not me, of course. I mind my own business and don't wonder things at all. Wondering about things can get you in trouble, after all.
    I have often wondered myself, how many Amish are on house arrest? But I dare not wonder out loud.

Top Bottom