Need advice for defense pistol./revolver.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not everyone is capable of proper usage of a firearm, just like not everyone is capable of safe driving. Sometimes self defense tools become detrimental to the user and those around them.

My wife has bad arthritis and cannot rack anything. She has dry fired a LCR357 and LCR22. The LCR22 she could not pull the trigger but on the 357 she did, barely, but she did. We were just talking today about "what if"; sort of like your lady friend; we need to look at other options. The heart is there but the coordination and strength is not.

I have a feeling this is what her problem is. She is in her 80's so a lot to overcome. Her health is failing. I did tell her to buy a dog she did. A chihuahua pup. That should alert her to about any noise lol.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have a feeling this is what her problem is. She is in her 80's so a lot to overcome. Her health is failing. I did tell her to buy a dog she did. A chihuahua pup. That should alert her to about any noise lol.

Oh, yes. Got two myself. Not only are they the neighborhood watch, they are also the fireworks police.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    With that being said, I have a lot of experience with a Walther P22. It's very easy to handle, and pretty similar in manual arms to the Ruger SR22. However, it is finicky with ammo, as most semi-auto .22LR pistols are. Recommend using high velocity ammo. CCI Minimags are best.

This gun can also be had at your preferred price point.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I'm re-reading through all of the posts now and seeing that conversation has switched to .38 special... I guess that's what I get for skimming and moving to comment... I must learn patience...

Top Bottom