• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    But if you don't pay the fine, then what? It never becomes a criminal event (other than CE trespassing), does it? In other words....you can't have a warrant issued for not paying the CE fines?

I don't know for sure, but I'dbe willing to bet they go through the court system for assistance. And I have never heard of a CE employee being prosecuted for trespassing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    But if you don't pay the fine, then what? It never becomes a criminal event (other than CE trespassing), does it? In other words....you can't have a warrant issued for not paying the CE fines?

I would assume wage garnishment would be a possibility. Bench warrants could be another.

Liens suck - they have to be renewed and you never get a penny till the house sells, and if there's a bankruptcy then you get nothing.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    If you refuse to appear in a civil case you have been served with a valid summons to, the court can in many instances issue a civil body attachment for your arrest so as to have you brought before the court. It isn't criminal, but it does get you picked up by the sheriff.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I don't know for sure, but I'dbe willing to bet they go through the court system for assistance. And I have never heard of a CE employee being prosecuted for trespassing.

If someone is trespassing on my property, that is posted... how does LEO look at it, can the trespasser be arrested or do they have to be warned?

If you refuse to appear in a civil case you have been served with a valid summons to, the court can in many instances issue a civil body attachment for your arrest so as to have you brought before the court. It isn't criminal, but it does get you picked up by the sheriff.

I wouldn't think a no show would be wise, under any circumstance. I am just saying what can they really do to you? It isn't like they can throw you in jail for not mowing your yard. I just can't see it being too severe, I mean drive around Indy sometime....there are violations everywhere.

I just hate to see the OP worrying about this stuff.....life is tough enough without more bureaucrats riding your backside.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The question I have is does the city document who filed the complaints? Is there any way to file harassment charges if you can find the person keeps ratting you out while ignoring others? (If thats even possible) I guess my naive logic is could there be a way to sue based on the fact that NOBODY else is being reported/served? Some type of malicious abuse of the system if you can say "Look, Its my neighbor Bob. 2 years ago he got mad because I made him replace the shovel he borrowed and broke and is now being spiteful. If he was truly being an upstanding concerned citizen, why didnt he report this list of equally obvious infractions around him and only reports ME?"

Looks like you can search the enforcement cases here. I dont have a case number so I cant research to see if they list the person reporting of if its anonymous.
    https://permitsandcases.indy.gov/CitizenAccess/

Or is thems just the breaks and OPs only recourse is to nitpick back and report HIM? (fire with fire)

EDIT And if you find more reports you just didnt know about, looks like he's just an a-hole. :):

zspeed130

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Indy, South side
    It's anonymous of course. Thing is I seriously have absolutly no idea who it is. I am an easy going respectful guy. I once had a boss ask why I get along so well with just about everyone. I replied why not? Life's to short to be pissed so this is really eating at me.

Z

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    If someone is trespassing on my property, that is posted... how does LEO look at it, can the trespasser be arrested or do they have to be warned? I wouldn't think a no show would be wise, under any circumstance. I am just saying what can they really do to you? It isn't like they can throw you in jail for not mowing your yard. I just can't see it being too severe, I mean drive around Indy sometime....there are violations everywhere. I just hate to see the OP worrying about this stuff.....life is tough enough without more bureaucrats riding your backside.
    I don't know what Indiana law says but I recall a news story about being jailed for not mowing your yard. Not sure if it was local or out of state.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Indianapolis CE are a-holes of the highest order. They are 10x worse than the cops.

I agree as I have been round and round with them
    It took a letter from my lawyer on her letter head to make them back off.
    I caught one in the back yard next door snooping around before we had the privacy up between the houses.
    Pricks of the highest order.

OP, contact a Lawyer.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Sorry to hear that we just moved a few years ago from SE indy and they wouldn't touch true violators. I lost 10's of thousands on my house due to very poor neighbors. Parts of that area have really went down hill. Must be someone that has a friend in code enforcement or someone who is making lots of complaints. We had similar deal with animal control in indy and finally they stopped taking anomonus (I know my spelling is horrible) complaints to our address because it did get to a harassment situation. However even if the interpretation of the code is being twisted if they feel they have a complaint they are going to hit you up for it. Have you thought of calling them and having a face to face to discuss their issues all at once and trying to get ahead of them? I know may be a waste of time.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Im interested in talking to anyone who knows the inner workings off the Indianapolis department of code enforcement. We moved about a year ago and have had several issues. Id prefer not to give a lot of background but will try to help you all understand. We live in a fairly rural area (no neighborhood how or anything) in SE indy. I cut grass . I built a pole barn and installed a privacy fence when I moved in it took most of the first winter. The fence on my neighbors side is not done. They have chain link and we have talked and as soon as I get a chance Im taking that up and putting in wood privacy (we both have dogs, we get along fine but the dogs want to bark at each other and test the fence). Im getting violation letters that make almost no sense considering what is all around me. Its picking on things that wouldn't likely be an issue in plain view much less behind a privacy fence.
    You have barking dogs. That's enough to **** off lots of people.

zspeed130

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Indy, South side
    That's a very valid point so let me address it. As far as I know we have a good relationship with the neighbor. We talk and he was on a board with someone at my church. However. They let their dogs (2 big shepards) bark. A lot. If I'm out working in the back yard, or the kids are out they will bark almost non stop for 30 min to an hr. We however, do not let ours out when theirs are for just that reason. I open the back door and whistle, if I hear their dogs ours have to stay inside. The whole family adheres to this. If ours are out and they let theirs out both sets of dogs lose it (theirs are much louder ours are Maltese/****zu) and immediately we get the treat bucket, shake it and get our dogs inside. Kinda of a pain but the only way to be imo, if our neighbors wanted to hear animals make noise they'd go to the zoo.

Again im a pretty darn easy guy to get along with.

Z

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a very valid point so let me address it. As far as I know we have a good relationship with the neighbor. We talk and he was on a board with someone at my church. However. They let their dogs (2 big shepards) bark. A lot. If I'm out working in the back yard, or the kids are out they will bark almost non stop for 30 min to an hr. We however, do not let ours out when theirs are for just that reason. I open the back door and whistle, if I hear their dogs ours have to stay inside. The whole family adheres to this. If ours are out and they let theirs out both sets of dogs lose it (theirs are much louder ours are Maltese/****zu) and immediately we get the treat bucket, shake it and get our dogs inside. Kinda of a pain but the only way to be imo, if our neighbors wanted to hear animals make noise they'd go to the zoo.

Again im a pretty darn easy guy to get along with.

Z

Big barking dogs are as annoying as anything I can think of.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Absolutly. And barking when they see me for a minute or at a passing car is one thing but for an hour while I work on the yard or something is annoying

We had a neighbor with one of the biggest GS I have ever seen with a voice to match. It was in a small fenced area in the back yard with little to no interaction. It would bark non-stop if anybody was outside. I asked him to please do something about it.....his response was "Spray him with the hose. He will stop"

Seriously man......a hose. Screw that.

Turns out he just wanted some attention. Any attention.

zspeed130

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Indy, South side
    Neighbor has no issues as far as I can tell. One guy down the street has but his is asking for it. (And this was last year) he parks plow trucks with skids of salt right on out front 20 feet from the road, like 4-5 guys live there and speed in and out, cause a ruckus, the place looks rough, AND they shoot guns in the back yard (on less than an acre total lot size).

Top Bottom