• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pamchuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Lanesville
    I have used this app with some success, and like has been mentioned before, this app is solely dependant on Wal-Marts inventory system. Congrats on writing this app and also taking suggestions for improvements. Good luck with future development.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sad to say, but the stores where the ammo isn't on the shelf are probably stores where employees are hiding it to sell to friends or themselves to then resell on the open market.

This^^^^^^^^^^

I hate to be a negative nancy on this but there is a downside to this.
    Standard consumers are not the only ones with access to this tech.
    Deal snipers and ammo resellers are buying up all supply with contacts like the above quote.
    Leaves everyone else out in the cold.
    Yeah, capitalism, yada yada yada. Save it.
    You have to pay more because you can't find it because it's been sniped. That is an artificial shortage.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I found a flipper on Gunbroker the other night. 50 bucks for a brick. I thought 'thats not bad'. Whoop....20 bucks shipping. No thanks

FWIW...I found an excuse to go to Walmart today. The app said they had .22 and it was apparent it popped into their inventory last night in Franklin. I headed up there this afternoon. Whoop....nope, none. I asked the guy if they got a shipment last night. He said they did. My guess is the 'breakfast club' was there to snatch it up to put it on Gunbroker today. I'll keep trying...but won't be driving an hour to try to get some.

My guess is if its green and says something like its been that way a week...forget it. If it says in last few hours...maybe.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I have been watching this app, and checked our local walmart as to accuracy , and found it to be pretty accurate! As i was looking over the ammo selection, a older gentleman asked the young man behind the counter about .22, the app said they had it, he told him no they didnt. Then just a few minutes went buy a young guy came up said he wanted some .22"s, well the guy behind the counter looks around, opens a panel under the counter and produces 3 1,000 round boxes of m22? well the kid paid for it , saw him slip 20 bucks to the kid behind the counter??? guess this is why they tell you there is no .22 to be had it is put on reserve for special customers. Still considering talking to a manager about this, did tell a relative about it recently though ,said they would report it!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have been watching this app, and checked our local walmart as to accuracy , and found it to be pretty accurate! As i was looking over the ammo selection, a older gentleman asked the young man behind the counter about .22, the app said they had it, he told him no they didnt. Then just a few minutes went buy a young guy came up said he wanted some .22"s, well the guy behind the counter looks around, opens a panel under the counter and produces 3 1,000 round boxes of m22? well the kid paid for it , saw him slip 20 bucks to the kid behind the counter??? guess this is why they tell you there is no .22 to be had it is put on reserve for special customers. Still considering talking to a manager about this, did tell a relative about it recently though ,said they would report it!

You probably missed your opportunity. If the kid was next to the register, he would have been on camera doing that. They get VERY upset if they see money going into pockets while at a counter or register. If you wanted to talk to a manager about it, you should have done so right then and there. "yo, dude with the extra $20 in your pocket, can you call an MOD? I need to speak to him." (be pleasant and give him absolutely no other info or hint at what you are about to do) At that point you tell your story in front of said crooked clerk. Oh, and if the clerk tries to walk away, politely ask him to stay. You want to talk to him too. The worst thing that will happen to you is the manager will be in on it and not do a damn thing. :dunno:

Now that its after the fact, You'll have to make sure you knew the kids name, exactly what time it happened, etc. and its less likely to result in anything unless you are reporting it in the store. Call it in and they'll blow you off most likely.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I am concentrating in both security and databases/information systems. I like working on small application development projects, web applications, and database management. My ideal job would be an IT Systems Administrator or a Database Administrator for a small to medium sized company.

I'm going for the same. What year ate you at PU? I'm going to iupui.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

Which walmart was this?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    WOW!
    Unless this is an al Qaeda plot to take over my netbook, or the gummint tracking who needs ammo, very cool. Now I can see every WalMart is out of 9mm ammo. Did it wrest my zip code somehow? The app didn't ask for any info, but showed all the nearby Wal-Marts. That's a l'il scary. But, hell you give up some privacy for some benefit. Can you see me thru my web cam right now? Am I seeing a sample page? I see no dates listed. Am I to assume that what I'm seeing is today's scan? Date the top.

Last edited:

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    WOW!
    Unless this is an al Queda plot to take over my netbook, or the gummint tracking who needs ammo, very cool. Now I can see every WalMart is out of 9mm ammo. Did it wrest my zip code somehow? The app didn't ask for any info, but showed all the nearby Wal-Marts. That's a l'il scary. But, hell you give up some privacy for some benefit. Can you see me thru my web cam right now? Am I seeing a sample page? I see no dates listed. Am I to assume that what I'm seeing is today's scan? Date the top.

The reason it can tell locations near you, is that it's using your location based on your internet service provider. Not the most accurate. Unless your netbook has gps, which I doubt it does. Smart phones do.

Top Bottom