• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well . . . more important question is how many of these are made by unique manufacturers. In other words, not ever company on this list makes its own parts/receivers. Folks would be surprised to learn that a single manufacturer cranks out the same parts and simply puts different logos/markings when it sends them out. End user thinks one thing but reality could be something else. This is true for most of the U.S. economy and stands true for guns too. Often you are just paying for a name.
    Who puts this crap together?? What criteria is followed? For relatively little investment, anyone can get CNC software,
    a class 7 FFL and build an AR receiver. The rest is just parts. I know individuals who have done just that for their own purposes. Meaningless
    Hello and welcome to INGO!

Please click the link below and introduce yourself.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Looks like it says 2022 on it.
    Do you know where this originated? Who created this?
    To be honest, I know I saw this list on this site before. I believe it may have been very early this year or late last year. The OP posted in jest and claimed it originated from ARFCOM IIRC. I remember a Plinker who pretty much gave the impression that if you're not using FN, Daniel Defense, BCM, Noveske, Etc. parts, you would be better off throwing rocks. He even made a list of parts you should use.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Do us a favor, and keep tabs on the ones that fail, and the ones that run flawlessly.
    Find out if they are unaltered from the factory, or home builds etc.
    Then give us a full report if you would.
    It would be interesting to find out what runs flawlessly, what had failures, and if a person has modified/changed parts on their firearms from original factory etc on those that run flawlessly or fail.
    I guess we have to define what 'fail' means, is it a malfunction, FTE, bolt override or actual parts breakage?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Much crap being talked about AR's. How many have actually taken a class and shot an AR?

You get to see you fellow shooters different brands of AR's and see some fail.

So if you wanna hang out with me and get some rounds downrange. It's only $110!

One of my sons was interested in attending, until he read Feb 10th.
    Hes flying out Feb 5th for a few months of education at KASOTC and then on to Baghdad for a year.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    To be honest, I know I saw this list on this site before. I believe it may have been very early this year or late last year. The OP posted in jest and claimed it originated from ARFCOM IIRC. I remember a Plinker who pretty much gave the impression that if you're not using FN, Daniel Defense, BCM, Noveske, Etc. parts, you would be better off throwing rocks. He even made a list of parts you should use.
    I'm always curious how these things even come about. Who is objectively making these lists and ranking the products? And have they extensively tested them all out?

No. They haven't. Haha

Griz375

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2023
    The Mississippi's Eastern shore
    OK, with the stock Magpul furniture it’s nothing special, but upgrade to a free float forearm, a trigger upgrade (although the large pin format is a pain in the ass) and it’s a nice little rifle, I have no complaints with mine for what I paid for it.
    I've always thought performance out of the box determined actual value vs price paid.

The only thing I consistently upgrade is triggers; I want all my BA CFs to have about the same pull and like wise my SA CFs.

That's just my thing though. Almost everyone has different drivers for different topics.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'll have you know that I said nothing of the sort! :laugh:

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I remember that guy! Man that convo went on WAY too long.

Most of us don't shoot enough for this list to matter I feel. I did have a Delta team tactical upper that was just flat terrible. I think that's the name. It was my first. To be fair, I learned a lot while I tried to get it to run right, but what I learned most was "buy once, cry once" applies to everything!

M880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2023
    Indiana
    I'm not sure how that chart figures Poverty unless after the purchase one is left in poverty. I paid good money for the DPMS LR SASS 308/51 in 2007. Other than not wanting to go on an extended hike with it considering the weight being mostly 18" BBl that rifle has never failed me.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'm not sure how that chart figures Poverty unless after the purchase one is left in poverty. I paid good money for the DPMS LR SASS 308/51 in 2007. Other than not wanting to go on an extended hike with it considering the weight being mostly 18" BBl that rifle has never failed me.
    I think the chart in question is specifically about the 5.56/.223 variants

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I guess we have to define what 'fail' means, is it a malfunction, FTE, bolt override or actual parts breakage?
    Any failure at all.
    I want to know which rifle brands have 0 failures and run thousands of rounds, or at least hundreds without any kind of failures.
    Now if it's ammo related, and the ammunition is bad then we'll give a pass on the failure.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yes I understand dpms manufactured 15,s as well. I'm not sure there would have been a difference in quality between one caliber and another of DPMS?
    I can't speak to the perspective of who made the chart. But I can say in my experience, the AR10 (308) version from DPMS is MUCH MUCH better quality than that of the smaller AR15 version. :dunno:

the smaller ones always seem to have lower parts breaking (springs, trigger parts, etc) and malfunctioning.

Top Bottom