Fed_Chart_jpg-2504379.JPG

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Hahaha.

I'm just happy they have love for V Seven and 2A armament.

I wish people on here knew how great their products are. I've seen so many times where you don't get what you pay for in the gun world but sometimes you just totally DO. I'd put the strength in this against any of the others on the far right of that chart any day.

I just wish I were a wealthy citizen to match their expectations. I'm just a guy on the PSA end of that chart who got lucky.

20220821_033324.jpg

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I'd like to see someone take each of these rifles and run 5k M855 through each. Clean once, lube as needed, and see how they compare to one another. Document each on paper, and video.
    I doubt it due to ammo prices but maybe a reloader who has nothing but time would want to do this.

If anyone on here has a SOLID reputation that actually wants to do something like this I will throw them a V Seven for the testing just to throw it in the face of the people who bash on lightweight bcgs and parts in general.

My current one doesn't have a V Seven barrel but I'll get a new upper with one and have that used.

Won't even matter if it kills half of the life of the SS barrel - V Seven offers a lifetime warranty on their barrels regardless of round count.

Buy once, cry once. Send it back, get a new one.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I doubt it due to ammo prices but maybe a reloader who has nothing but time would want to do this.

If anyone on here has a SOLID reputation that actually wants to do something like this I will throw them a V Seven for the testing just to throw it in the face of the people who bash on lightweight bcgs and parts in general.

My current one doesn't have a V Seven barrel but I'll get a new upper with one and have that used.

Won't even matter if it kills half of the life of the SS barrel - V Seven offers a lifetime warranty on their barrels regardless of round count.

Buy once, cry once. Send it back, get a new one.
    That's what I'd like to see proven if paying 4k actually is better than 2k or a 1k or a $500 AR-15.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    That's what I'd like to see proven if paying 4k actually is better than 2k or a 1k or a $500 AR-15.
    In just firing 5k reliably?

I think a LOT of those brands are going to do about the same if that's the only test.

I think a more in depth test would need to be done and bang for your buck rated rather something superficial like this chart.

My vote for $/reliability goes to Aero Precision for coming out on the top of the list if someone made a real hard test.

Diminishing returns are definitely a major player in the $4K realm. The only way V Seven or 2A Armament would stand a chance against the bargain world beaters like AP/BCM/BA would be if you factor in weight savings - and you'd have to give a huge benefit to $ spent to make it anywhere near worthwhile.

I wouldn't ever spend V Seven money or buy anything but their gas tubes / handguard in a normal build if I just wanted strength and reliability. If I wanted those and accuracy I'd personally fork over the premium for a barrel from V Seven because who else will replace your high end SS barrel for free every 10k rounds when it's shot out?

For an every day gun the only thing that they have a chance at winning in is using their inconel gas tubes. The handguards for sure if you wanted to save a lot of weight up front but the Aero Atlas S-One wins on that front too when $ spent : function is factored together.

I'm the biggest fan of 2A/V7 this forum will ever have and I could never argue its worth the $4K price tag over brands like Aero or BCM if money is factored in at all. Just on those couple parts maybe.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    In just firing 5k reliably?

I think a LOT of those brands are going to do about the same if that's the only test.

I think a more in depth test would need to be done and bang for your buck rated rather something superficial like this chart.

My vote for $/reliability goes to Aero Precision for coming out on the top of the list if someone made a real hard test.

Diminishing returns are definitely a major player in the $4K realm. The only way V Seven or 2A Armament would stand a chance against the bargain world beaters like AP/BCM/BA would be if you factor in weight savings - and you'd have to give a huge benefit to $ spent to make it anywhere near worthwhile.

I wouldn't ever spend V Seven money or buy anything but their gas tubes / handguard in a normal build if I just wanted strength and reliability. If I wanted those and accuracy I'd personally fork over the premium for a barrel from V Seven because who else will replace your high end SS barrel for free every 10k rounds when it's shot out?

For an every day gun the only thing that they have a chance at winning in is using their inconel gas tubes. The handguards for sure if you wanted to save a lot of weight up front but the Aero Atlas S-One wins on that front too when $ spent : function is factored together.

I'm the biggest fan of 2A/V7 this forum will ever have and I could never argue its worth the $4K price tag over brands like Aero or BCM if money is factored in at all. Just on those couple parts maybe.
    5k rds no cleaning except from the start of the test is all 99% of gun owners will need.
    99% of soldiers probably would not need better than that.
    It would be a constant 5k rounds no full auto just semi-auto aimed. To see if parts fail etc.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    5k rds no cleaning except from the start of the test is all 99% of gun owners will need.
    99% of soldiers probably would not need better than that.
    It would be a constant 5k rounds no full auto just semi-auto aimed. To see if parts fail etc.
    I still think a lot of those companies would fair just about the same on that.

But I know spending 4k wouldn't get you any farther in that test than the middle range stuff.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I still think a lot of those companies would fair just about the same on that.

But I know spending 4k wouldn't get you any farther in that test than the middle range stuff.
    I'd like to see it proven by a non bias person with a lot of money who could afford it ;)
    I wonder how many companies would send their rifles to be tested? I also wonder if a ammunition manufacturer would be willing to supply the ammunition for that test. It would be a great way to advertise.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I'd like to see it proven by a non bias person with a lot of money who could afford it ;)
    I wonder how many companies would send their rifles to be tested? I also wonder if a ammunition manufacturer would be willing to supply the ammunition for that test. It would be a great way to advertise.
    I'm pretty sure a YouTuber would pretty much be the only person able to accomplish this in this day and age.

Unless we organized something on here just for the hell of it with someone extremely reputable. I'd imagine we could source a factory version of all of those rifles locally but the ammo would be another thing entirely.

I'd put up 1k rounds with my V Seven but that would be my limit to what I'd give away.

I think a YouTuber is the only way this kind of testing would happen though.

Edit: I don't think I'm biased to any particular company. I have rifles from half of those brands on the chart and even though my V Seven is my favorite I still wouldn't count it one bit more reliable than most of the others.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I noticed there is no IWI in that picture unless I'm missing it. The IWI Zion 15 I bet is a good AR-15.
    There's a lot of great brands that didn't make it and a few obscure brands that did. It's a weird mishmash.

I'd have expected to see IWI before V Seven but arfcom has a lot of fans of obscure high end stuff.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have a mix master consisting of BCM, SOLGW and BA parts. :p

Top Bottom