• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    1. The Shadow 2 looks marvelous: much better than just the blued (or black).
    2. It is on my wish list. :coffee:
    3. When it comes to cars/Suvs: yes, I am not pleased with the offerings. Fortunately, since I've been driving a Corolla for the past 400 yrs., most anything, although underpowered, is better, or at least what I'm used to.
    4. I don't even want to talk about the CVT that has been thrust upon the public for the few extra mpg.
    5. Good grief: my 05 Corolla got 40 mpg on the highway and in normal driving I have always averaged 30 mpg: SO WHY SCREW AROUND WITH IT, for what, an extra couple miles per gallon.
    6. These trannies are not going to hold up (200,000 miles) and you can't fix them: total replacement/$5000, I've been told.
    7. I hope I'm wrong, but my research has been scary. Seems like Subaru is ahead of the game, with Toyota doing well with the CVT.

Simple answer allot of people are only concerned with gas mileage so the increase a CVT gives you numbers wise is great for car manufacturers.

I agree Subaru is probably the best at CVT but their engines kind of hold the entire car back , the need to put a turbocharger on the boxer engine to keep it competitive in my opinion (and because all Subaru cars are all wheel drive their gas mileage will always comparatively "suck")

That being said my 2018 Accord has a 10 speed automatic and it's awesome , but much like the CVT probably very very expensive to fix. Granted most people don't "drive it into the ground" anymore when they get cars. After 4 or 5 years they trade it in and get a new one. Vehicles are becoming more and more disposable as people want all the new tech and whatnot. Granted I understand the tech thing in cars now after jumping from a 2000 Chevy Cavalier to my Accord it's like night and day how much better the new car is!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Simple answer allot of people are only concerned with gas mileage so the increase a CVT gives you numbers wise is great for car manufacturers.

I agree Subaru is probably the best at CVT but their engines kind of hold the entire car back , the need to put a turbocharger on the boxer engine to keep it competitive in my opinion (and because all Subaru cars are all wheel drive their gas mileage will always comparatively "suck")

That being said my 2018 Accord has a 10 speed automatic and it's awesome , but much like the CVT probably very very expensive to fix. Granted most people don't "drive it into the ground" anymore when they get cars. After 4 or 5 years they trade it in and get a new one. Vehicles are becoming more and more disposable as people want all the new tech and whatnot. Granted I understand the tech thing in cars now after jumping from a 2000 Chevy Cavalier to my Accord it's like night and day how much better the new car is!

1. You are so right about the turbos, and they put them in the WRX 2.0 and now the 2.5 WRX, and they should put them on more of the Subarus.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Now you just have to get it canjunized to see the full potential of a CZ.

1. Yes, that is what 1000 different people had said. :)
    2. I believe it. If I would keep my Tactical for a year (till next summer) then I should do that, but, if I am willing to step up to the Shadow 2, maybe I should go that route.
    3. I can't fathom getting a Shadow 2 then cajunizing it. ( A year ago I thought a $300 gun was too expensive, and $200ish just right: :dunno:).
    4. I guess I'll have to make a decision in the next few month/year which of those routes to go.
    5. Are you the same Wizard who does the great work I keep reading about? :bowdown: Or not?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    2. I believe it. If I would keep my Tactical for a year (till next summer) then I should do that, but, if I am willing to step up to the Shadow 2, maybe I should go that route.
    3. I can't fathom getting a Shadow 2 then cajunizing it. ( A year ago I thought a $300 gun was too expensive, and $200ish just right: :dunno:).
    4. I guess I'll have to make a decision in the next few month/year which of those routes to go.
    5. Are you the same Wizard who does the great work I keep reading about? :bowdown: Or not?

The Wizard has a picture of a wizard if that helps... :D

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    1. NOOOOOOO!
    2. You must be young. We old people :oldwise: like CHROME on our wheels.
    3. If you are going to have black rims you might as well have steel rims. :rofl:IMO!
    4. Watch out. When it comes to guns I will put up with opinions of others since I'm the newb, but when it comes to cars, I have decades invested. :nono:
    5. Seriously thought, I have never understood the popularity of blackened rims: what a waste! imo, again. :laugh6:
    6. If just a little bit of the rim is blackened (edges where it gets really dirty anyway), then I can put up with it for practical reasons, but not on my car! :rockwoot:
    I drove by there today and saw the car. I had to mess with you. I figured the black rims would get you. :laugh:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Range time with my newest CZ (SP-01 Tactical) and my 1st CZ (75 B Omega)...

...What is ironic is that I didn't do this well on the regual 5 in 1 targets...

The "X's" provide a smaller/finer/more precise aiming point than the larger "red, grey, black" targets. Which can = a more precise aiming point = more precise aiming = tighter groups.

We won't confuse the issue at this time with sights sized for bullseye shooting using a 6 o'clock hold on official sized targets.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    eVKrMkp.jpg

This looks like a formula for rocket fuel.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The "X's" provide a smaller/finer/more precise aiming point than the larger "red, grey, black" targets. Which can = a more precise aiming point = more precise aiming = tighter groups.

1. That would explain it.

We won't confuse the issue at this time with sights sized for bullseye shooting using a 6 o'clock hold on official sized targets.

2. Since I don't know what that means, I'll just say, from the low that I seem to be shooting, looks like I need to shoot at 12 o'clock to get higher up. :dunno: :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I may have black rims but at least I stock up on ammo before I buy more guns ;)

1. Funny you should mention that; I need to order more 9mm b/c I'm down to just a very few boxes (went through nearly 2000 rounds in the past few weeks).
    2. I've got to put my Tactical through it's paces, and I intend to put the 75 B Omega up for sale and would have done so tonight but I'm waiting word back form someone who said they wanted it a few times in pms, before I do incase they still want it.
    3. Tomorrow might be the last day for me to pit the 75 B Omega against the SP-01 Tactical.
    4. I'm selling off my beloved Ruger P89 since the Tactical takes over the "heavy" roll, and I can put a rubber grip sleeve on it to "thicken" is a tiny bit (I have one on the 75, so I'll just put in on my Tactical.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've never looked at the omega CZ's very seriously myself. People seem to either love them or not.
    I love my sp01 tactical threaded in urban grey. I think I am going to buy a plain black tactical too though.
    When I see ammo for a great deal I'll still buy it even though I'm stocked up for a long time. Ammo will only go up. It's like food preps, it's never a bad investment if you buy quality

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    check into the Subaru Forester : my wife just bought one from my good friend @ Grand Subaru in Ill.

We just got from picking it up last evening.

Ask for Ryan Drouin - get a price from him. He is the New Sales Director.

Tell him I sent cha. I've sold more cars for this guy than HE has sold. B^)

Here's a link : https://www.grandsubaru.com/new/Sub...80a0e0adf329d1eb5a4f78314.htm?searchDepth=4:8

I bought my '18 Outback from him & now my wife has her '18 Forester. She received almost $4000 off MSRP -- I received a tick over $4000.

You wanna deal, go talk to Ryan, but make sure ya tell him I sent cha.

YMMV

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in

Not even close. Just the wizard nickname from a soul patch gone wild, lol
    My fingers are to fat to do intricate work

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    check into the Subaru Forester : my wife just bought one from my good friend @ Grand Subaru in Ill.
    Here's a link : https://www.grandsubaru.com/new/Sub...80a0e0adf329d1eb5a4f78314.htm?searchDepth=4:8
    I bought my '18 Outback from him & now my wife has her '18 Forester. She received almost $4000 off MSRP -- I received a tick over $4000.
    YMMV

1. :thumbsup:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

YMMV

1. WOW! I just looked it up: nearly 4 hrs. one-way!!!

Top Bottom