• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I love this thread..
    I'll only add that I bet you would like shooting any of the shadow variants (not just the Shadow 2)

I have a CZ 75 Shadow (short dust cover) that is amazing AND quick to transition (just the right weight -- same slide profile, but no rail, it's half way in between an SP-01 and a regular 75). There are SP-01 Shadows (gen 1) that are also amazing.

In general "Shadow" just means no firing pin block, similar to the CZ 85, and they often come with slightly different trigger (shapes) and hammers --> borrowing heavily from CZ-85, "champion", etc.

Check out czcustoms or oakhillguns for some of the awesome Shadow options :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range time again.
    I will be selling the 75 B Omega when I get around to it.
    Sold the Ruger P89 since the CZ has more heft than the Ruger did and had no place anymore as a heavy all metal gun with the CZ in the safe.

SP-01 Tactical: more red at 20'
    N8v24U8.jpg

Again, the Tactical has more red at 30'
    Afx7smy.jpg

40' the 75 B wins? What is going on here? Surprised me!
    QsekqOH.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    1. But they are a polymer (lighter than all metal, which I like)
    2. I have a big polymer (FNS Longslide) that I enjoy but I'm going to sell it to pay for the CZ.

Excellent choice!

A. Which? Having the FNS Longslide for a polymer range toy or the selling of it to pay for a CZ? :dunno:
    B. Sorry, yes, I'm that daft (it's early and coffee not kicked in yet: at least I got up at 5:50 am and not 2:30 am like the previous night :scratch:).

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    1. But they are a polymer (lighter than all metal, which I like)
    2. I have a big polymer (FNS Longslide) that I enjoy but I'm going to sell it to pay for the CZ.

A. Which? Having the FNS Longslide for a polymer range toy or the selling of it to pay for a CZ? :dunno:
    B. Sorry, yes, I'm that daft (it's early and coffee not kicked in yet: at least I got up at 5:50 am and not 2:30 am like the previous night :scratch:).
    The Wizard and I are CZ guys. We're always going to advocate for the CZ because that's what we like.

If I could be so bold as to make a recommendation it would be to shoot with more people from this group before making any firm decisions. I know Hoosier45 and WTB are getting together in Lafayette this morning for some range time. Getting to shoot their CZs would be an excellent experience and might serve to help make some decisions easier. Just a thought.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I will leave this here, just saying the Shadow 2 is 46.5oz (i know in your head right now weigh = better shooting) and the trigger is much better compared to say a stock SP-01

xs7I2W9h.jpg

1. I was chasing after a Shadow 2 Urban Gray yesterday that looks like this for $950 and had a few good emails go back and forth about it with my full intention of buying it if I got enough direction to do so. I didn't.
    2. The seller is going to upgrade to the Tactical Sport Shadow 2 (if I remember right).
    3. He is firm on the price, after I hinted at him shooting me his best offer while allowing him to know I just bought two CZs at sub $500 prices (hinting he'd need to come down $50-$100 :dunno:). I'm not a skilled negotiator. :( We parted on good terms with him telling me he was comfortable with the price and it was just a matter of time (exactly what I have said a dozen times or more to buyers). The gun had been for sale for a week and he was buying a Tactical Sport Shadow 2 this Sat. so I thought/hoped he might be under a crunch to get it sold. No. timing is everything.
    4. I didn't get alot of feed back of selling one of my kids to get the Urban Gray Shadow 2 used for $950 (one person said they would grab it if he was able), and since I don't have a "feel" for it like I do with what I'm familiar with (Shield 9 prices for example).
    5. Since I have desired to get a Shadow 2 b/c of alleged "superiority" it evidently is not enough to warrant double the price of the CZ 75 B Omega or the CZ SP-01 Tactical, and I can get that.
    6. I don't have to have perfection, b/c it comes with a price, perhaps later, but for now in my mind I have gone from the Toyota Corolla brand guns (Shields and Rugers) up to the Lexus (CZ), and I am not worthy of the BMWs. :rofl:
    7. My analogy might not be correct and break down but it gives you a glimpse into the mind of a poor school teacher. :laugh:

STORY: As an aside about negotiating, when I put a price on a gun, that is the price for that week.
    When I get offers I thank people and let them know the price is what it is for this weekend and if it doesn't sell, I will lower the price the next weekend ($10-$15 or maybe even $25 if in a "hurry).
    I was selling my Ruger P89 and got offers in minutes of posting and the next day got offers of: $220, 250, $275 and $280, with 2 people saying they would buy at the $295 (but it was Sat. or next week, and I always tell people first come first served, I will not hold: once I held over the weekend b/c buyer said he'd pay an extra $50 if I did so and I agreed to his terms (2 guns I was selling and he was buying both: Beretta tip-up barrels/$500).
    I was being driven crazy spending literally hours responding to everyone, and I told my wife I wish I'd just take the $280 fair offer so I could be done with it.
    (I was wanting to go to the range and it was 2 hours getting to it and spent 2 hours the night before responding). About that time, the guy who'd offered $275 emailed back saying he was ready to even drive to my house to make the deal.
    This is after some people wanting me to drive 3 hrs. or 2 hrs. or 1 hr. to make the deal.
    I caved and meet him 10 minutes from the house (he was at work and sent his wife, who showed me her LTCH and license: remarkable!)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Please, help me understand.
    What is the difference between the CZ 75 B Omega Convertible over the CZ SP-01 Tactical?

I know what the "Convertible" means.
    I know the "Omega" has something to do with a better trigger (I think).
    I don't know what the "B" means unless that is an updated version of earlier "75s".

Are they essentially the same 75 construction/internals or externals?
    Not concerned with whether if it has anything to do with decockers or safties (prefer safeties, but not a deal breaker)
    And what is the "Tactical" all about: what does it bring to the table that is better/different/superior?

Is the SP-01 an upgrade the regular 75 series?

Am I giving up the "better trigger" in the Omega? (Feels the same to me).

Except for the weight, they feel the same to me, with the SP-01 edging out the 75 B nearly all the time.
    Last range visit the SP beat out the 75 at 20' and 30' but not the 40' and yes, that really bugged me! :wallbash:
    My only concern in my limited-experienced mind is accuracy and heaviness/weight/girth/thickness.
    I know, very immature, like wanting to marry a girl b/c of certain measurements instead of what is in her mind (humor and intelligence being my favorite parts for long-term, plus being a stellar cook :lmfao:). But, stainless steel and wood still turns my head (which CZ seems to lack both (I know, I've seen a CZ stainless), just making a point.

I intend to sell the 75, listing it today b/c I don't need two CZs, and that is why I quickly sold the Ruger 89 that I loved (didn't have much invested), b/c the heavier CZs were superior in every way: heft and weight.
    I hope I'm not making a mistake selling the 75.
    I would sell both and get the $950 Shadow 2 Urban Gray if there was overwhelming advice to do so: there has not been for reasons discussed.

If I put the FNS (don't need it with the CZz either) and the CZ 75 B up for sale, should I do offer them up for trade as well?
    I have thought bought trying to grab up a Glock 17 (biggest 9mm that I'm aware) and especially if it was a longer barrel, but, if the CZz are the brand to stick with b/c it would be samish in form and function with no gain for this newbie where nuances are perhaps lost on?
    And, I would be better suited to just continue a pursuit of a Shadow 2 and not go down the Glock road?

I am curious about the CZ Rami and would take that in on a trade as well.
    If anyone has a Rami that I could shoot at the range, let me know.
    One person (who will remain nameless b/c I don't have his permission in this context to use his name) said he hated the Rami when he had one.
    But, I realize one person's hate is another's fascination (but I do listen to what my more experiences brethren say, as my journey down the CZ rabbit hole reveals clearly, and I have been quite pleased: thanks!
    I am resisting $400-$600 upgrades however, by I am open to getting a gun that doesn't require such (Shadow 2), b/c of resale value.
    As I have said, if I "marry" a certain gun, as indicated for me owning it for 1 or even 2 yrs. w/o finding anything better: then I would consider putting the price of another good gun into upgrades for an existing gun I own.
    That will take more growth than my now 15 months experience. :laugh:

I hope you experts chime in and aren't bored with my "CZ 101" questions.
    I know I can search the net for the truth but I'm being lazy and don't want to sort through the propaganda. :dunno:
    Especially love to hear from the guy I bought my 75 B from and gmcttr who owns the Shadow 2 and also bought another (don't remember which).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    1. I'd rather buy the $950 Urban Gray, and I contacted the guy twice today but no answer: probably sold it.
    2. I can get it locally (H.A.) w/o shipping for $1100, I think!

Shipping is free, and a transfer is $15... no sales tax at time of transaction, I'd assume from Gunbuyer (like Grab a Gun), and this one is urban grey I believe as well... just saying.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    1. I'd rather buy the $950 Urban Gray, and I contacted the guy twice today but no answer: probably sold it.
    2. I can get it locally (H.A.) w/o shipping for $1100, I think!

Support a local business, Indiana Gun Club sold me my urban Grey for $1050~

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Wizard and I are CZ guys. We're always going to advocate for the CZ because that's what we like.

If I could be so bold as to make a recommendation it would be to shoot with more people from this group before making any firm decisions. I know Hoosier45 and WTB are getting together in Lafayette this morning for some range time. Getting to shoot their CZs would be an excellent experience and might serve to help make some decisions easier. Just a thought.

1. I have gone to every invite anyone has given me: that's how I ended up unhappy with my 75 B Omega ($475) and had to have the SP-01 ($465 + 25 FFL = $490).
    2. Then I went to Columbus to get with gmcttr to shoot his Shadow 2, now I'm selling both my CZs and have agreed Monday to buy a Shadow 2 Urban Gray for $950.
    3. So, as you can see, getting together with others to shoot has cost me dearly.
    4. The first CZ was my fault for reading the CZ thread, but I hold my brethren responsible for the other 2 (that's what I'm telling the wife at least, once she figures out what is going on. :rofl:
    5. I don't feel it proper to invite myself if I get wind of such things. I was jealous when I heard a group of some of the "big boys" getting together to shoot. I figured they wouldn't want to be bothered with me, since I'm not on their level.
    6. I loved getting together with gmcttr (twice now) and about 3-4 other guys: I learn alot. :coffee: (That's me learning)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Please, help me understand.
    What is the difference between the CZ 75 B Omega Convertible over the CZ SP-01 Tactical?

I know what the "Convertible" means.
    I know the "Omega" has something to do with a better trigger (I think).
    I don't know what the "B" means unless that is an updated version of earlier "75s".

Are they essentially the same 75 construction/internals or externals?
    Not concerned with whether if it has anything to do with decockers or safties (prefer safeties, but not a deal breaker)
    And what is the "Tactical" all about: what does it bring to the table that is better/different/superior?

Is the SP-01 an upgrade the regular 75 series?

Am I giving up the "better trigger" in the Omega? (Feels the same to me).

Except for the weight, they feel the same to me, with the SP-01 edging out the 75 B nearly all the time.
    Last range visit the SP beat out the 75 at 20' and 30' but not the 40' and yes, that really bugged me! :wallbash:
    My only concern in my limited-experienced mind is accuracy and heaviness/weight/girth/thickness.
    I know, very immature, like wanting to marry a girl b/c of certain measurements instead of what is in her mind (humor and intelligence being my favorite parts for long-term, plus being a stellar cook :lmfao:). But, stainless steel and wood still turns my head (which CZ seems to lack both (I know, I've seen a CZ stainless), just making a point.

I intend to sell the 75, listing it today b/c I don't need two CZs, and that is why I quickly sold the Ruger 89 that I loved (didn't have much invested), b/c the heavier CZs were superior in every way: heft and weight.
    I hope I'm not making a mistake selling the 75.
    I would sell both and get the $950 Shadow 2 Urban Gray if there was overwhelming advice to do so: there has not been for reasons discussed.

If I put the FNS (don't need it with the CZz either) and the CZ 75 B up for sale, should I do offer them up for trade as well?
    I have thought bought trying to grab up a Glock 17 (biggest 9mm that I'm aware) and especially if it was a longer barrel, but, if the CZz are the brand to stick with b/c it would be samish in form and function with no gain for this newbie where nuances are perhaps lost on?
    And, I would be better suited to just continue a pursuit of a Shadow 2 and not go down the Glock road?

I am curious about the CZ Rami and would take that in on a trade as well.
    If anyone has a Rami that I could shoot at the range, let me know.
    One person (who will remain nameless b/c I don't have his permission in this context to use his name) said he hated the Rami when he had one.
    But, I realize one person's hate is another's fascination (but I do listen to what my more experiences brethren say, as my journey down the CZ rabbit hole reveals clearly, and I have been quite pleased: thanks!
    I am resisting $400-$600 upgrades however, by I am open to getting a gun that doesn't require such (Shadow 2), b/c of resale value.
    As I have said, if I "marry" a certain gun, as indicated for me owning it for 1 or even 2 yrs. w/o finding anything better: then I would consider putting the price of another good gun into upgrades for an existing gun I own.
    That will take more growth than my now 15 months experience. :laugh:

I hope you experts chime in and aren't bored with my "CZ 101" questions.
    I know I can search the net for the truth but I'm being lazy and don't want to sort through the propaganda. :dunno:
    Especially love to hear from the guy I bought my 75 B from and gmcttr who owns the Shadow 2 and also bought another (don't remember which).

1. Noone has addressed my inquiry about the two different CZs?
    2. Or, did I answer my own question since on the side of each gun says: "75" on it as one of the descriptors.
    3. After that, I guess it just a bell or a whistle which I don't care about, but I do like a safety instead of a decocker, and evidently it is just the weight that makes the SP a better shooter for me than the 75 since both triggers seem to be the same.

Top Bottom