• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China
    OR! Perhaps we should use our mother tongues! Haha--that seems to be the most logical thing to do in a situation such as the one we find ourselves in ;)

neh (nay) ho ma (I do not use Pinyin, but still use Wade-Giles and my own romanization) is Cantonese for "how are you?"

I do not speak North Capital/Mandarin but I do know Cantonese. Perhaps we should use ideograms so we can understand each other?:D

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China
    Fair enough :)

There is a significant difference in privacy and expectations of privacy by folks in their teens and 20s and folks who are in their 40s and up. It's a major divide that has come about by those of you who grew up with instant communications and personal lives being lived in large part on or with the aid of the net.

Folks who didn't grow up with that have far different expectations of privacy, and far different experiences with the results of putting too much information out there.

For example over the years: my ex-wife was threatened by her boss with being fired if she married me, because of things I'd written on the net which had absolutely nothing to do with him, or his business, or even directly her. The Emergency Management Director of a certain county north of me tried to ruin my reputation with the EMA director of my county because he was chafing when I publicly showed just how much of an idiot he was. So he used completely irrelevant stuff I had on the net as "proof." Luckily she also thought he was an idiot and my reputation in my area of expertise is stellar and she ignored him. A couple years ago he was run out of office in disgrace for being the idiot I tried to show earlier, I'm still doing my thing. These are just a couple of the more egregious examples of many that I have.

So keeping various aspects of my life which have little to do with each other seperate is important to me. If you stick around a while though, you will come to learn enough details of most of us here, even those who guard our privacy, to get to know who we are. Patience is a learned trait for some of us.

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China
    I was once told never to get a Chinese character tattooed on your body in the states, because they may tattoo something that will end up being something totally wrong from what you wanted it to say, haha. So does yours really say rash? Or were you just saying that? I thought about getting a Chinese character tattooed on me here in China, but here, I do not trust the needles (or the artists) so much...

It's agreed--no Hanzi.:)

Because it can lead to this . . .

("Rash")

:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Whoa there, Baba Louie. No ink for me!:D

The tat is from one of my favorite blogs, Hanzi Smatter:

hanzismatter.blogspot.com

Another funny story, there was a shoe model in Superior 6 one day for an initial hearing on a probation violation and I noticed that she had the hanzi radical for "Male" on her foot (she was wearing her work shoes).

I asked her if she knew what the Chinese character on her foot meant. She replied "Harmony" which was her work name.

I replied that it meant "Male" (strength in the fields). She shrugged and said "well, no one I meet will know.":D

Last edited:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    its 1:34PM december 31st in 'merikuh... sowwy :/

edit: where did her post go? Im lost...

oh.. and I wish I had 11 pages and a still open welcome thread... (jealous)

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Mrs. Mk2ja,
    Your opening post made think one of my close friends over there in Beijing was playing a gag on me because she knows I am a gun owner. Especially when some of your information sounds EXACTLY how she describes herself. After reading through this thread its apparent to me that you are two different people. Although, you DID make me wonder!:):

You may even know who she is because you are probably teaching at the same school she does. I won't say too much about her because of the openess of this forum except that she is in her late twenties, is from Indiana, and her last name begins with a T. Since you are a Christian, here is another little hint about her. She attended BJU before going over to China. If you want to know her full name I'll PM it to you! :)

Okay, okay, I get the hint, ALREADY!!!!:) You've put me under conviction and I promise to get a picture in my profile up by the end of the day! LOL

Good to see you on here! :rockwoot:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Mrs. Mk2ja,
    Your opening post made think one of my close friends over there in Beijing was playing a gag on me because she knows I am a gun owner. Especially when some of your information sounds EXACTLY how she describes herself. After reading through this thread its apparent to me that you are two different people. Although, you DID make me wonder!:):

You may even know who she is because you are probably teaching at the same school she does. I won't say too much about her because of the openess of this forum except that she is in her late twenties, is from Indiana, and her last name begins with a T. Since you are a Christian, here is another little hint about her. She attended BJU before going over to China. If you want to know her full name I'll PM it to you! :)

Okay, okay, I get the hint, ALREADY!!!!:) You've put me under conviction and I promise to get a picture in my profile up by the end of the day! LOL

Good to see you on here! :rockwoot:

Yep, the two are at the same program! Amber was really excited when she realized that the brother of the girl you're talking about goes to the same college from which I just graduated. Their family even went to Beijing for Thanksgiving. It was very cool.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    You had 4 pages, you replied like 3-4 times to specific people. The lovely Mrs. here has replied to almost everyone who's posted. Her thread will be closed after a day or two just like most are.

As they say, you gotta write 'em to get 'em.

I know I was just messing around...but Im sure bewbs dont hurt either. :laugh: I tried to not reply to everyone every time, figured that would be annoying. Apparently I was wrong :dunno:

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Yep, the two are at the same program! Amber was really excited when she realized that the brother of the girl you're talking about goes to the same college from which I just graduated. Their family even went to Beijing for Thanksgiving. It was very cool.

Its cool that Amber is making new friends that she is excited about. Its helps with the loneliness that can come at times when she is so far from family and friends. I think we are talking about two different people, though, because both siblings of the lady I am talking are in their early thirties and out of college. Even though my brother and I are closer in age to the one in China, we are closer to her siblings and parents because of the distance involved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom