• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I just did a comparison between the M&P 2.0 compact and the 48 and they are so close to one another in dimensions that I think it could come down to whichever brand you are a fan of and how they feel in your hand. I had a 2.0 Compact but never even shot it. Maybe I should not have been so hasty to sell it.:(

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I actually kinda like the looks of the G48, but am having a hard time seeing it as better than other pistols with the same barrel length and grip height for the intended purpose of a concealed carry pistol. I don't imagine that it would conceal any easier than my M&P 2.0 Compact on the belt, and I'm darn sure that it doesn't hold a candle to my P365 for concealability vs. capacity. If Sig made a P365 5" tall with 4" barrel, I'd be all over that, as it would probably be 16+1 capacity.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Stopped by Bud's Guns today while in Lexington on a business trip. Of course they didn't have either of these but I checked out several brands of G19 sized pistols, including a gen 4 and 5 G19. I came away not wanting. I have been thinking of replacing my Shield with something G19 sized so it could be my "do it all" gun. But for me they are all just a little large for CC year round.

I don't think the width will help me as the only thing I have is occasionally the end of my holster near the muzzle sticks out if my shirt rides up a little. A longer firearm will stick out just that much more.

I think I'll keep my Shield for carry and just practice a little more with it.

I did think the G19 felt pretty good in my hand though. If I wasn't saving for a shotgun, I might consider buying one...just because.:) Also, I think I liked the Gen 4 better than the Gen 5.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Stopped by Bud's Guns today while in Lexington on a business trip. Of course they didn't have either of these but I checked out several brands of G19 sized pistols, including a gen 4 and 5 G19. I came away not wanting. I have been thinking of replacing my Shield with something G19 sized so it could be my "do it all" gun. But for me they are all just a little large for CC year round.

I don't think the width will help me as the only thing I have is occasionally the end of my holster near the muzzle sticks out if my shirt rides up a little. A longer firearm will stick out just that much more.

I did think the G19 felt pretty good in my hand though. If I wasn't saving for a shotgun, I might consider buying one...just because.:) Also, I think I liked the Gen 4 better than the Gen 5.

You should take a look at a Compact 2.0 (either 4" or 3.6" whichever floats your boat). I switched away from Glock 19 to the 2.0 Compact with 4" barrel and love that gun. Carries well, shoots well. Not as simple of a machine as the Glock, but the ergos seem better to me.

I've picked up a Shield 2.0 as well, just need to get some night sights for it to get pressed into carry duty when some extra concealability is needed.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You should take a look at a Compact 2.0 (either 4" or 3.6" whichever floats your boat). I switched away from Glock 19 to the 2.0 Compact with 4" barrel and love that gun. Carries well, shoots well. Not as simple of a machine as the Glock, but the ergos seem better to me.

I've picked up a Shield 2.0 as well, just need to get some night sights for it to get pressed into carry duty when some extra concealability is needed.

I actually owned a 2.0 compact (4") but never shot it. I did pick one up again today along with a ppq and some FN model to see if I just couldn't put one down. I left without a new toy.:)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

IWB holster would take care of that easily enough.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

Have you tried the Sig P365 with the 12 rds mags? That's a real honeypie.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Have you tried the Sig P365 with the 12 rds mags? That's a real honeypie.

It sure is getting good press! That's probably one of the reasons Glock came out with these new models. But the P365 doesn't fit with my goal; to have a pistol to carry, for home defense, range time and gaming if I should ever desire. I was thinking that the G19 could be that do all pistol but I know I won't carry it like I do my Shield.

If the 48 could fit that bill, I might consider it. I'm not sure how it would do though in something like Steel Challenge or IDPA. Not that it's a big deal since I probably won't shoot one of those very often and if I did, it would be just for practice.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    IMO, the P365 would fill the bill for all of those things. It's a pleasure to shoot. But the shorter slide will make the shooter's accuracy suffer a bit vs. a longer slide.

Top Bottom