• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I saw those Gen V Glocks they presented for the Military trials...and I want one! I like the older Gen II models because of the smooth grips (no bumps) and with the flared mag-well and the pic-rail...IDK...just seems like a nice 'blend' of the various models into one I might like?

Well you will like the gen5 that was just released today. It's all those things. Just no external safety like the military trial glock had.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Glock had so many issues with the. 40 round and with .40 glocks being dumped by cops and civilians left and right I think glock is leading the way to phase out that round from the market. I have zero in side info on that and it's purely speculation. also I'm NOT saying it's a bad round, just that its done better by the 9mm or the .45, pick one.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Will you buy it for only sentimental reasons or Will you be buying it because you like it that much for its function?

A combination of rarity and I actually like it.

I've had 3 chances to buy back a Glock duty pistol, Gen 2, 3, and 4. I did not buy the Gen 2 or the Gen 4. The Gen 3 was the first that had the IMPD serial number, so I bought it out of sentiment. I ended up trading it off to someone who wanted the serial number...so I guess I wasn't very sentimental after all.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Glock had so many issues with the. 40 round and with .40 glocks being dumped by cops and civilians left and right I think glock is leading the way to phase out that round from the market. I have zero in side info on that and it's purely speculation. also I'm NOT saying it's a bad round, just that its done better by the 9mm or the .45, pick one.

I'll have to go fat and slow...1911 it is. Ohh, churchmouse!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A combination of rarity and I actually like it.

I've had 3 chances to buy back a Glock duty pistol, Gen 2, 3, and 4. I did not buy the Gen 2 or the Gen 4. The Gen 3 was the first that had the IMPD serial number, so I bought it out of sentiment. I ended up trading it off to someone who wanted the serial number...so I guess I wasn't very sentimental after all.

Thanks. That would be cool to have one that had an IMPD serial number. I've never seen one sadly. Maybe they don't sell them to a reseller

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    For anyone interested, Point Blank has them in the rental counter.. I shot the 19 and IMHO here's the good and bad of it. Has the magwell and the little flare at the bottom of the grip tends to push you up into the beavertail. Very smooth and fairly light trigger like the M I shot, felt about the same. Recoil feels softer but that's probably subjective on my part. Now the bad, shot high left for me but possibly I'm just used to my triggers. Accuracy wasn't what I was expecting but again I'm used to my pistol and trigger so that could be the difference. It appears that there is few or no parts that will interchange from the previous generations. . All in all a nice package and when the furor dies down I'll probably get one to play with but I'm not ready to trade my 19 C for one.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears” Col. Jeff Cooper

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks. That would be cool to have one that had an IMPD serial number. I've never seen one sadly. Maybe they don't sell them to a reseller

They do. Kieslers in Clarksville. They only sell to LEO and FFL, though. We have the chance to buy them first, but the ones officers don't buy hit the open market.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    For anyone interested, Point Blank has them in the rental counter.. I shot the 19 and IMHO here's the good and bad of it. Has the magwell and the little flare at the bottom of the grip tends to push you up into the beavertail. Very smooth and fairly light trigger like the M I shot, felt about the same. Recoil feels softer but that's probably subjective on my part. Now the bad, shot high left for me but possibly I'm just used to my triggers. Accuracy wasn't what I was expecting but again I'm used to my pistol and trigger so that could be the difference. It appears that there is few or no parts that will interchange from the previous generations. . All in all a nice package and when the furor dies down I'll probably get one to play with but I'm not ready to trade my 19 C for one.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears” Col. Jeff Cooper
    I bought the 19.
    For me I noticed the same as you except accuracy was NOTICIBLY better for me at least. But I've had you do triggers for me and the stock trigger still isn't NHT3 nice. But I was still very impressed.
    Deffinately the best factory out of the box glock I've ever owned or shot.

Top Bottom