New Jersey: Possession of ‘High Capacity’ Magazines a Fourth Degree Felony Start

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    [video=youtube_share;O5IYKMalBEU]https://youtu.be/O5IYKMalBEU[/video]
    sums it up best here. especially the part where the founding fathers had just spent the past 2 years at war.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Problem is, the Democrat Party desperately wants to impose this nationwide. They did it with Obamacare and won't have an issue making criminals out of all of us.

For them, it's a twofer. It imprisons millions of conservative voters, enabling them to win more elections, plus it enfeebles our ability to physically resist them should it come to a shooting situation.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Problem is, the Democrat Party desperately wants to impose this nationwide. They did it with Obamacare and won't have an issue making criminals out of all of us.

For them, it's a twofer. It imprisons millions of conservative voters, enabling them to win more elections, plus it enfeebles our ability to physically resist them should it come to a shooting situation.

You are only enfeebled if you don't have them. For instance if you suffered a tragic ice fishing accident and lost them all. That would be sad.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    So, who knew grandad's tube fed .22 would put you in the clinker?

What if it only holds 10 .22lr but they find .22 shorts in your possession?

Does a 10 round mag with 1 in the pipe put you over the limit?

I am sure there will be no subjectivity imposed here, lol.

Don't worry guys and gals, if we vote the way they want us to we will all get 40 acres and a mule...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    the ironic and sad part is this is coming from one of the ORIGINAL 13 colonies who shed blood for the very same freedom is now chooses to remove.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    The Bergen County prosecutor put out a memo recently that says off-dutyLEOs are no longer allowed to carry "high capacity magazines" and are subject to arrest. I would imagine the same goes for retired. So, you got that equality you were wanting.

True equality would be everyone has to use 10 rounders, even on duty officers.
    LE shouldn't have extra rights.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm comforted to see that you would rather have rights taken away from some than given to all.

I think he would just rather not have rights for some, and not for all.
    I could be wrong, but maybe he wants us to have the same rights... as in there being no silly limit of 10.

Which, I bet in 10 years there will be motions to decrease it to some lesser number.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    While some claim "carve outs" for LEO because they're "trained", I don't believe that's true.
    Cause then they could make carve out's for "trained" non-LEOs.

If you tell LEOs that they will be limited to 10 rounds, and they may be against the bill.
    Make a carve out, and many (not all) will be okay with it, as long as "they" have their carve out.
    Kinda of like non-LEOs that are okay with a gun control law, as long as "they" aren't affected.
    It's not a LEO occurrence, it's a "people" occurrence. (Such as non-AR people being okay with banning ARs).

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    10 round limits?
    You might as well ban donuts. :xmad:

WSoEHl6.jpg

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Well if you "carve out" ex-military the Department of Homeland Security will have kittens. They are as loving and forgiving as Joseph Stalin and have their hand in everything.

FYI, we put an elevator in our church a few years back, it took longer than expected. Know why? We had to wait on an inspection from Homeland Security.

I feel more secure already.

When they investigate the fires in California at least they can say, "well we know it wasn't that elevator in that church in New Albany..."

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What would be need or reasoning for certain classes of citizens that work in LE to have extra rights over all other citizens?

Police carry and use of firearms has nothing to do with their "rights." It has to do with their statutory authority.

I strongly favor no magazine capacity restrictions for anybody, but this question is about as silly as asking why certain classes of citizens in the military have special "rights" to have automatic weapons.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    What would be need or reasoning for certain classes of citizens that work in LE to have extra rights over all other citizens?
    I don't believe LE should have "extra rights." But I would rather those "extra rights" be given to everyone than taken away from LE. Contrary to your personal feelings about LE, the vast majority of us don't want to see rights taken away form anyone, especially law-abiding citizens.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I think he would just rather not have rights for some, and not for all.
    I could be wrong, but maybe he wants us to have the same rights... as in there being no silly limit of 10.

Which, I bet in 10 years there will be motions to decrease it to some lesser number.

I believe non-LE should have the same rights as LE when it comes to weapons. But taking those rights away from LE aren't going to do anything to give them to non-LE.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Police carry and use of firearms has nothing to do with their "rights." It has to do with their statutory authority.

I strongly favor no magazine capacity restrictions for anybody, but this question is about as silly as asking why certain classes of citizens in the military have special "rights" to have automatic weapons.
    And grenade launchers, and tanks, and night vision, and Predator drones. What makes them so special that I can't have all that?

Top Bottom