• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    if "you" (general use of term) have connections with the hammond mayor you will magically get any approval needed by whatever board is put in place.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This goes against everything I've been told about Lake County politicians in this thread.

Well, as someone that lives in lake county it goes against everything I've seen in Lake County in the last 35 years.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It was vetoed because the two democrats didint think it was restricting enough and the republican didn’t want to sell out his voters to lose anyways. Especially after the backlash Jorgensen (r) faced for supporting it with the additional caveats. I’m scared for anyone in lake county... the next one will be BAD. Not time to celebrate time to gather your forces because this fight isn’t over at all.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    It was vetoed because the two democrats didint think it was restricting enough and the republican didn’t want to sell out his voters to lose anyways. Especially after the backlash Jorgensen (r) faced for supporting it with the additional caveats. I’m scared for anyone in lake county... the next one will be BAD. Not time to celebrate time to gather your forces because this fight isn’t over at all.

So you don't think the County Attorney's advice that the ordinance violated the preemption statute and was overly vague had anything to do with it?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So you don't think the County Attorney's advice that the ordinance violated the preemption statute and was overly vague had anything to do with it?

like I said I hope you guys are right. but time will tell.... if it was overly vague I would imagine they are very clear in the next one.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How I love my gun enthusiast community.

Pics from the Times article about the Council meeting:

5c3f5ded70cde.image.jpg

[video=youtube;b4kuTMx2_OY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=b4kuTMx2_OY[/video]

tenor.gif

Congrats to the Lake County gun owners who made their voice heard. Victory without a single collared shirt.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How I love my gun enthusiast community.

Pics from the Times article about the Council meeting:

...pic/video edited out...

Congrats to the Lake County gun owners who made their voice heard. Victory without a single collared shirt.

There were collared shirts in the hallway.
    We had quite a few out there. At least the first hearing.

Top Bottom