• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Madison
    FFL is going. I will be glad to let you know what is was like once I have finished. The paper work has been tedious so far.
    Leaning on keep logo off of it, but the INGO Logo line is going to be a must. Response and support from this site has been great, morale is high. Personal logo's, I am planning on setting up. Would like to get the kinks worked out before I go making big changes.
    Keep ideas coming note book is not full yet.

LongBow

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah, I've been watching from day one of this thread but everyone already said what I would have, so I'll just say that I want one too!

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Ah-HA! I knew I'd find this thread again. Good to see things are progressing. I may not be able to afford a built AR right now, but I can swing a couple of lowers.

Any way you might see things clear to sticky this, Mods?

Last edited:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Hello all,

First post so please be gentle. I am a recently unemployed Vet that is looking to get his company going.

To the point. I am looking to start producing AR15 lowers here in Indiana, still waiting for FFL to go through. What do The rest of you think about a new Company producing Lowers? What do you look for in a lower? Acceptable price range, improvements, gripes, or suggestions.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Welcome brother :patriot: you are on to something! I was just talking about bringing manufacturing to our State.... Ammo, firearms and components have always been in demand. Right on! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    They should all look like this:

j8he2w.jpg
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: That's awesome:D

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    Need to go to work right now, but I have a big list of things I like and dislike about different lowers. And Ive seen and built more than most. Ill try an PM you this afternoon.

Good luck with your FFL, mine took close to a year total for my type 1. The longest part being the zoning variance.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I will be in for at least 2 lowers. Even if INGO isn't on them! If there will be a later INGO run, then I guess I'll have to buy some more!

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I disagree with part of this. All one has to do is look at Essential Arms to see that quality in craftsmanship being put out by a small, low-overhead operation at a reasonable (under $100) price is feasible AND profitable.
    I have a friend, in LA, cranking out lowers and selling them as fast as he can make them. In many aspects a lower is a lower is a lower BUT his lowers are good and I get them for $120 each. I am talking to him about some semi-custom work for shotguns because I like the quality of his work.

If I had an FFL right now I would talk to him about producing a batch. I am working on getting some funding etc...this stuff can all be turned quickly and for fair profit.

It would be nice to have a local lower maker. To make it as a new producer in an established market, quality needs to be as good and price better. Again, source above, I know the guy and his work has been looked over by others but lowers are not rocket science.

What we all remember is price gouging. It is not gouging IF the market gets destroyed by bans, but that looks a bit removed for now. I think the market for stripped lowers will remain hot for all of 2009, if price is fair now and quality is good, that maker will sell in 2010 as well. I know I will likely dump an extra 50 in a box at some point.

The devil is in the details. When will these be out?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    As in, they're no longer in business, or the dude died? IIRC, Orion Arms bought a lot of their tooling & design templates.

They are no longer in business. I don't remember how long ago but I was in the works of getting an Umbrella Corp. engraved lower finished by them. They made one, someone else on ARFCOM got it before I did and then they shut down. I wept. Like a woman! :xmad:

Top Bottom