Apr 11, 2009
    internet_troll.jpg

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    your lack of an answer is an answer in and of itself. your question doesnt deserve an answer, and you wont get one from me. ill leave this thread alone before i turn into that guy that loves glocks and 1911s.

and in this corner......:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

i'd rep you for this and your post on renaming the medal, but the site won't let me.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    yes, the military cuts members a check. yes, they will pay for your college. they will even pay your medical bills when your legs get blown off, or theyll cut your family a check when you get killed. what a travesty.

Tell that to my step grandfather who got shot out of a Huey in Vietnam and can barley walk or to all the people that have to put up with VA care AFTER they get out.......... Everyone knows that millitary doctors are not the brightest crayons in the box...... I have health issues because of one.......

I am on the verge of giving some negative reps.

P.S.

IBTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I DON'T LIVE IN THE 1940s! I'm asking how anyone is defending MY rights, not my grandparents rights. I'm only asking, because several people in this thread have claimed that I'm ignorant because I didn't join the military and that they protect and preserve my rights.

HOW?? I'll answer you. If in one instant you disbanded the entire U.S. military and trashed all of the guns, etc. How long do you think it would be before America got invaded by another country wanting to raise their flag over America to make it theirs and reap the spoils???

If the U.S. military didnt have a strong presence in the world, how long do you think it would be until you didnt have any gas to drive your big gas sucking SUV to watch your kids soccer game? not too long. Why do we keep getting imported oil in reality? because everyone knows if they stopped selling it to us we would bomb the crap out of there sh*tty little sand box countries, and rightly so. All i care about is America. we are the best and I intend to keep it that way. if you wanna go over to the middle east and play hopscotch and grab azz with the arabs then go ahead, they would love to cut off your head and use it as a soccer ball.

Is living a freedom?? I think it is, because the constitution says LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happyness.

you have LIFE because you are VERY WELL PROTECTED from invasion, or massive country wide terrorist attacks. why?? because hadji is too busy right now trying to fit his azz into any hole in the ground so that its not seen by U.S. Soldiers who will put another hole in it for him to sh*t sideways out of, thats why!! they are too preocupied to worry about getting over here to kill you!

LIBERTY and HAPPYNESS. do you think you would have that under a new countries rule if they took over America?? NOPE!!! if you dont believe me, ask a Canadian or a Mexican, or any other nationality why the heck they wanna come to AMERICA!!! its not just for more money.

ive given you just a couple reason how the U.S. Military protects you and your freedoms, even though you spit in our face. AND I RESPONDED TO YOU AND NEVER GAVE YOU OR 357 NEGATIVE REP!!! so hows that???

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Thats funny you forgot to highlight the other part of the definition of the term, thats ok I did it for you.

As for your idea of the military budget eating 50% of it, where did you find that? In 2008 the budget for military was 23% and SOCIAL SECURITY was 20% and that service offers NOTHING!

You and smoking can rant and rave all you want, I mean hey what do our men and women do for you anyways???? Right?

I haven't "served" in the military, Smoking hasn't either. But guess what, neither have any of you.

Inflected Form(s): served; serv·ing
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French servir, from Latin servire to be a slave, serve, from servus slave, servant
    Date: 13th century
    intransitive verb 1 a : to be a servant b : to do military or naval service

You didn't serve in the United States military, you WORKED in the United States military, unless any of you come forward and let me know that you returned all of your pay checks. You were paid to do a job. Was it a hard job? For the most part. Is any job easy? No.

"I doubt it, not anyone who has ever been in a position that may have had to. See we give the troll and others like him the opportunity to spit in our faces. It's a gift given free by us to them."

And we, the citizens and tax payers of this country gave YOU guys the opportunity to be fully employed by the military for at least four years. My friends in the military get more time off than my friends who aren't in the military. And my friends who are in the military get paid for their time off.

The sad, hard truth is that working in the military isn't noble. You are not protecting me or my freedoms. I literally have to protect myself and my freedoms are being taken away every day. You have to stop with the romantic view of the military. You aren't fighting the imperial English for our freedom as a nation and as free seeking people. You're fighting drug lords and religious fanatics out in the desert, far from home. Sure, they "could" come here to take away my freedoms, but my own government is already doing that, and you're a part of that government, the armed part, the scary part.

That's why you'll butt heads with people like Smoking357 and I. You guys are going to be the first ones called in to take away our rights. Do you think Senators and Congressmen are going to go door to door? And you'll do it all in the name of "freedom" and America.

I'm not disrespecting you as a person or any of your career choices, I'm just letting you know that you are paid to do a job, just like everyone else, only your job takes away 50% of our national budget, while you put nothing back into our economy. You're employed full time, whether we're in a war, or not. And now you're advocating the murder of Smoking357 because he didn't agree with you.

:patriot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I DON'T LIVE IN THE 1940s! Should we also pay this generation of black people back because at some point in the history of time black this people were slaves in the United States? No! I'm asking how anyone is defending MY rights, not my grandparents rights. I'm only asking, because several people in this thread have claimed that I'm ignorant because I didn't join the military and that they protect and preserve my rights.

You don't agree that what they're doing in a foreign land is defending your rights. That's fine. you're entitled to your opinion. Know, though, that whether you agree with it or not, whether you want them to or not, they have been and would be there to defend you and yours long before you even knew there was a threat. If the order comes to go and remove a nuclear threat to our country, you and your pistols and rifles won't be the ones going in to defend your life and freedoms. They will.

That's what they've done to protect your freedoms. They made themselves available. They who serve with honor deserve respect and from me and from several others, they receive it.

Oh, and you're right: You don't live in the 1940s. If you did, you'd have worn that uniform, and probably have been raised to have looked forward to doing so.

Blessings,
    Bill

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    You don't agree that what they're doing in a foreign land is defending your rights. That's fine. you're entitled to your opinion. Know, though, that whether you agree with it or not, whether you want them to or not, they have been and would be there to defend you and yours long before you even knew there was a threat. If the order comes to go and remove a nuclear threat to our country, you and your pistols and rifles won't be the ones going in to defend your life and freedoms. They will.

That's what they've done to protect your freedoms. They made themselves available. They who serve with honor deserve respect and from me and from several others, they receive it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rep'd.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    What have YOU done?

Blessings,
    Bill

I pay my taxes and don't pretend my job is more important than the next guy. I don't need a medal or any of your acknowledgements to know that I'm doing my part to keep this country going.

Give an opinion all you want, its your right. But dont spew crap about things you could never know about because you havent been there. No one wants to kill civilians, but sometimes things happen and the number 1 priority in war is to accomplish your mission and make sure you and your men make it back alive. compare the number of civilians that have been saved by the U.S. military over the years compared to the ones that have died. Death is a sad truth to war. If you dont want war then call your senators. Soldiers just get the job done as honorably and efficiently as possible. and no 357 and you arent under my skin, YOUR STANDING ON MY THROAT!!! and thats not patriotic.

I didnt join the military for a paycheck, and the one I got wasnt much to speak of, but it was a added bonus. I did it because i wanted to do it since i was in 5th grade. I would have done it for free just so you know.
    And you the tax payers didnt give me crap, except afew of you give us a hard time, and worthless politicians that always manage to get my brothers killed! is that patriotic?

doing something for others with no regard for your own life is very noble, you need to look up the word i guess. I'll never use the word hero. and yes i realize its a job we volunteered for, but the word NOBLE I WILL USE!!! (in todays military we volunteer, some were forced through our history and they Honorably answered their countries call for help, BUT some were cowards and ran away like traitors, and one even got elected president >> clinton ..... probly your hero)

dont just assume all of the military will try to take your freedoms. thats why their were 2 sides in the civil war, because some (the south) were true americans and fought for freedom from oppression by a tyrantical government the north, the same as will happen again one day probly.

AND YES YOU DID DISRESPECT EVERY VETERAN WHO HAS EVER HONORABLY WORE THE UNIFORM. My suggestion to you is to move to canada or mexico if you dont like it here, you have that right and freedom because people died to give it to you. but those countries wont welcome you with open arms because you will just be a roach in their society. soldiers follow orders, if your pissed about failed policies, dont take it out on the men who risk dying for you, take it out on the crooked politicians who never risk anything except a paycheck, but send men knowingly to their deaths without blinking an eye. But we go anyways because its our duty, as Honorable MEN, and PATRIOTS, and AMERICANS.

for you sir you might be able to say your american because of a piece of paper, but you are no true American, and you dishonor America by your insaine and cowardly retoric

Spew crap because I haven't been there? Give me a break. Do I need to be set on fire to know I don't want to be set on fire? I'm a human being, capable of thought. I can put myself in other's shoes through the magical power of thought. Isn't it all of our #1 priorities to complete the mission and get back alive? When we go to the post office, or go out to dinner? The mission is different, the mindset is not. How in the hell am I standing on your throat? Your organization is taking money out of my pocket and somehow I'm the one standing on YOUR throat? I'm honestly all ears on that one.

You may not have joined the military for a paycheck, and that in itself is a noble, honorable thing, but the fact is that you did take a paycheck. Me and the tax payers didn't give you crap? Are you serious? Talk about history. Yes, I am aware that throughout history past soldiers HAVE actually defended America's freedoms. If you are as able as I am to understand the concept of past generations passing things on, then you have to admit that tax payers throughout history paid for your bases, your tanks, your helicopters, and everything else you use to train on and deploy in. If you can use the word "us" as in "you" as in the current generation of soldiers (who you say defend my freedoms), then I can say that "I" as in "tax payers" as in the complete history of tax payers have paid for the entire military. If you don't want your patriotic brothers killed, then why don't YOU write to your Senator. Or if you don't like the way this country works, perhaps it's you who should move. I love the United States, and I'm not sucking the money out of it.

Bill Clinton is my hero? Where did that come from. You're way out of line on that one. I'll take being called a mil-hater and ignorant little 22 year old, but what I can't accept is you claiming Bill Clinton is my hero. ;) Seriously though, no, not a fan of the Clintons. And honestly, that was a very weak attach with zero basis.

I apologize for disrespecting every veteran, ever. I will refrain from using my Freedom of Speech, wait a second, what are you guy's claiming you're fighting for? Oh yeah...my freedom of speech. :nuts:

I am an American, with or without my piece of paper. And I didn't have to mooch off of the people for four years of my life to claim that I'm an American. I'm an American because I "spew" words of freedom on a daily basis.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Tell that to my step grandfather who got shot out of a Huey in Vietnam and can barley walk or to all the people that have to put up with VA care AFTER they get out.......... Everyone knows that millitary doctors are not the brightest crayons in the box...... I have health issues because of one.......

just a question? if you were never in the military then how do you have health issues because of a military doctor? im not flaming you im just wondering.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    just a question? if you were never in the military then how do you have health issues because of a military doctor? im not flaming you im just wondering.

I was not in the military but I have health issues because of a bad military doctor. My girlfriend was in the Navy and her wrist was crushed and the military doctor she first visited screwed up her diagnosis which now causes me to have hearing problems when she says it hurts her:D

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

For some reason it seems you are out to get me as of late........

Sigh........ lets see, I was born on an Air Force base, rewind a few months... my mom kept telling this Captian that she was due weeks ago and that they should induce her...... he kept telling her no. She got a second opinion and that doc (civilian) said she needed to deleiver now).... the Captian found out and was pissed and let her wait even longer... I was left in like a month late and was really BIG... I was so big that I tore my mother completly open and then some when the docotor used a suction cup that was even then considerd arcaic and had to put hit foot on the bet to pull.

My one shoulder never droped because I was left in to long, I also have a learnign disability because I was left in to long and it is beleived that the lack of space/oxygen caused this.

My dad got out for like a year not long after and wen to sue but all the records had been "lost"...... if I met this "docotor" in person I would be going to jail for assault......... oh he also told my dad he was stiching my mom up extra good for him...... she later had to go into surgery with a civilian doc to fix what he did........

TK421

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Death Star Docking Bay #RL721

I smell a bunch of morons who only read books with pictures and don't know how to actually discuss something without throwing a tantrum.

Trying to get back to the subject at hand, I will reluctantly repeat myself:

I think that awarding a medal is bad idea too, but only because it is the same thing as me "awarding" my two-year-old with a Sponge Bob sticker when he pisses in the toilet. Wait... it is not the same, it actually would be more like continuing to award him with a sticker for pissing in toilet for the rest of his life. Get it; because US soldiers ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE KILLING CIVILIANS ANYWAY.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SemperFiUSMC
    Without the warriors of today you would **** your pants every time you had to go outside, go to a mall, get on a bus, etc. because instead of taking the fight to the hajjis and destroying their country, they would be over here destroying ours.

You have those rights and freedoms because we have secured them for you.
    No, YOU and other present day soldiers did not "secure them for me". Unless the entire military is composed of Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin clones then I stand by that statement. The United States law enforcement and judicial system "secure" my rights and freedoms (most of the time.) How does a soldier "secure" those rights by having the authority to kill civilians of a foreign nation that he/she is occupying or deployed in?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I pay my taxes and don't pretend my job is more important than the next guy. I don't need a medal or any of your acknowledgements to know that I'm doing my part to keep this country going.

Spew crap because I haven't been there? Give me a break. Do I need to be set on fire to know I don't want to be set on fire? I'm a human being, capable of thought. I can put myself in other's shoes through the magical power of thought. Isn't it all of our #1 priorities to complete the mission and get back alive? When we go to the post office, or go out to dinner? The mission is different, the mindset is not. How in the hell am I standing on your throat? Your organization is taking money out of my pocket and somehow I'm the one standing on YOUR throat? I'm honestly all ears on that one.

You may not have joined the military for a paycheck, and that in itself is a noble, honorable thing, but the fact is that you did take a paycheck. Me and the tax payers didn't give you crap? Are you serious? Talk about history. Yes, I am aware that throughout history past soldiers HAVE actually defended America's freedoms. If you are as able as I am to understand the concept of past generations passing things on, then you have to admit that tax payers throughout history paid for your bases, your tanks, your helicopters, and everything else you use to train on and deploy in. If you can use the word "us" as in "you" as in the current generation of soldiers (who you say defend my freedoms), then I can say that "I" as in "tax payers" as in the complete history of tax payers have paid for the entire military. If you don't want your patriotic brothers killed, then why don't YOU write to your Senator. Or if you don't like the way this country works, perhaps it's you who should move. I love the United States, and I'm not sucking the money out of it.

Bill Clinton is my hero? Where did that come from. You're way out of line on that one. I'll take being called a mil-hater and ignorant little 22 year old, but what I can't accept is you claiming Bill Clinton is my hero. ;) Seriously though, no, not a fan of the Clintons. And honestly, that was a very weak attach with zero basis.

I apologize for disrespecting every veteran, ever. I will refrain from using my Freedom of Speech, wait a second, what are you guy's claiming you're fighting for? Oh yeah...my freedom of speech. :nuts:

I am an American, with or without my piece of paper. And I didn't have to mooch off of the people for four years of my life to claim that I'm an American. I'm an American because I "spew" words of freedom on a daily basis.

you claim to give so much. with your thoughtless process ive seen on here i think your probly one of the ones who takes rather than pays. your just upset that your un-employement check isnt more, because you think clicking your remote and cranking out more kids for the rest of us to feed is worth much more than the government pays you for it right?? am i close. i bet so. and you probly have an american flag thats tattered hanging outside your house because "everybody does it" but you dont know what it truely stands for or you would keep it in pristine shape. also you probly go to a ball game and put your hand over your heart when they play the national anthem and you see the flag boldly waving because its what your supposed to do right? but i get tears in my eye because i think of my friends who died and the ones before them who arent there with me to drink a beer. I know that a dirty American flag patch is what my friend wanted to see during the last breaths of his life because he knew he wasnt going home alive but he knew he died for something that meant something and that flag stood for it. and as i have tears in my eyes right now typing this to you, i know you still will never understand what im talking about, and you probly will never truely be greatful for what you have or realize how it could all be gone overnight without the men and women in our military. but you know what? even if all americans were just like you, I would still go and do it all over again, and so would all of the soldiers who have died. even though you spit on their graves and spit in our faces, we would still protect you because its right, and we fight for the greater good. im done with this thread

Last edited:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I smell a bunch of morons who only read books with pictures and don't know how to actually discuss something without throwing a tantrum.

I think that awarding a medal is bad idea too, but only because it is the same thing as me "awarding" my two-year-old with a Sponge Bob sticker when he pisses in the toilet. Wait... it is not the same, it actually would be more like continuing to award him with a sticker for pissing in toilet for the rest of his life. Get it; because US soldiers ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE KILLING CIVILIANS ANYWAY.

Quote:
    Without the warriors of today you would **** your pants every time you had to go outside, go to a mall, get on a bus, etc. because instead of taking the fight to the hajjis and destroying their country, they would be over here destroying ours.

No, YOU and other present day soldiers did not "secure them for me". Unless the entire military is composed of Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin clones then I stand by that statement. The United States law enforcement and judicial system "secure" my rights and freedoms (most of the time.) How does a soldier "secure" those rights by having the authority to kill civilians of a foreign nation that he/she is occupying or deployed in?

Gave you my first negative rep for calling people morons...........

Ill now wait for my negative reps because of peoples feelings getting hurt........

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.

Quote:

Hey, 11 more posts and you can try to sell your Code Pink crap in the classifieds.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    WOW! I can't believe this conversation is even going on! What's happening to this place? :dunno: There's a few people on here who should be ashamed of themselves.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom