• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    If you saw how wonky (technical term, look it up in Kuhnhausen :n00b:) the ejection was, you'd be less likely to blame slide ridin'.

Watch for the ejection "pattern," or lack there-of.

-rvb

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVil1gYAcE&list=UU66LSFDwG0H0BQbIfOCHYGg&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    ...., or the extractor isn't getting a good bite on the spent casing.

after watching the video, this is what I was thinking. Probably a stupid question, but have you tried swapping a different extractor in?

If you're shooting warsaw next weekend and can scare up a holster, I've got a spare Shadow you're welcome to :D

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Ryan,

Have you measured the width of the breech face and compared it to a working pistol?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Use that hunk of crap for a boat anchor and get a different gun. Someone send this video to James Yeager as well.

Dragging it home tied to the bumper might fix it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Use that hunk of crap for a boat anchor and get a different gun. Someone send this video to James Yeager as well.

Dragging it home tied to the bumper might fix it.

good enough for Sevigney, Rogers, Jessie and Vogel.

Why not mention them instead of Yeager?

m&p's have extractor issues too, which is why Apex makes a replacement part

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Poor RVB no one believes that you really did try your best to get along with that gun.
    I say we start a campaign to try and get Glock to replace your bent slide with a new one.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    good enough for Sevigney, Rogers, Jessie and Vogel.

Why not mention them instead of Yeager?

Because he preaches Glock superiority over all else louder than anyone, I surmise. The nail that sticks up is the one asking to be hammered. ;)

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The slide is using some of the force necessary to eject the case in traveling up and down. This adds friction and slows the whole thing down.

RVB you got any SMG ammo, or maybe some 9 major loads?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    after watching the video, this is what I was thinking. Probably a stupid question, but have you tried swapping a different extractor in?

Yup, From David R's award-winning G17 (ok, Dave won the award, not the gun, but it was the gun he used to kick my butt in 2010). :)

We pretty scientifically [cough cough] ruled out everything but the actual slide. With the lower half of my gun, and my barrel, but using dave's G17 slide (with my extractor!), it seemed to run right.

Ryan,

Have you measured the width of the breech face and compared it to a working pistol?

yea, and there was at most a couple thou difference there. Not enought to ID it as an issue. The bigger issue was the apparent issue w/ the 'warpage' I described a few pages back. approx 0.008" IIRC.

Poor RVB no one believes that you really did try your best to get along with that gun.
    I say we start a campaign to try and get Glock to replace your bent slide with a new one.

Well last time I sent a very nice letter describing the issue and what trouble shooting we had done. I'll be sending it back, but this time I'm going to be a bit stronger in what I expect to be returned to me....

I was thinking of getting a 19 to have as a house/carry and match back-up gun. Maybe I can talk the wife into letting me spend the $ now.... cause I need a backup gun NOW...

I really want to like this gun. It has great accuracy. It seems to suck the reloads in. but it's GOTTA run.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    The slide is using some of the force necessary to eject the case in traveling up and down. This adds friction and slows the whole thing down.

RVB you got any SMG ammo, or maybe some 9 major loads?

No, but I could make some major 9s real easy. How much titegroup fits in a long-loaded 9mm? :D

Then I'll get to tell my kaboom story. :laugh:

-rvb

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Ryan,

I'll be working on pulling strings with their former head armorer who's now running the GSSF program, a bunch of us INGOers that work the match in Indy met him a couple of years ago.

Hopefully he can help make sure you can get it taken care of.

Top Bottom