• rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It's back...

Got my 34 back from glock today...
    I don't think they did anything to it other than clean and replaced my std slide stop w. a new extended one. :xmad:
    It still seems to just dribble brass/rounds.
    First match of '12 is this weekend; still debating if I run this gun or play in SS. Thinking I'll go ahead and chance the 34 so I can really see if it's running any better before calling them next week. But running the slide by hand, the rounds are still landing just in front of my right foot.

I'm bummed. I was all pumped to get back into dryfiring and now I just can't seem to give a sh...

-rvb

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    this was a gen3 right? So weird since that is the main gun so many Glockers are using.

Picking up my Gen4 G34 on Friday. Like always, it's first shots will be in a match on Sunday.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Got my 34 back from glock today...
    I don't think they did anything to it other than clean and replaced my std slide stop w. a new extended one. :xmad:
    It still seems to just dribble brass/rounds.
    First match of '12 is this weekend; still debating if I run this gun or play in SS. Thinking I'll go ahead and chance the 34 so I can really see if it's running any better before calling them next week. But running the slide by hand, the rounds are still landing just in front of my right foot.

I'm bummed. I was all pumped to get back into dryfiring and now I just can't seem to give a sh...

-rvb
    Are you shooting your loads or factory?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Yes. Malfunction rate is about 1/100. Expecting a jam or two....
    -rvb

Was more like 8. There were a couple more that weren't caught in the vid (actually ran stage 3 twice. First time had about 3 malfunctions. Second time only had one)

-rvb

[ame]http://youtu.be/Ku1-fq6RV0Q[/ame]

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    When my boy started shooting he started out with a gen 3- 34 and had some of the same issues come to find out he was leting his thumbs ride the slide. Not saying this is your issue but in the video appears your WH thumb is high. But that still doesnt explain weak ejection with manually operating the gun.
    I dont think Ive ever seen a glock ever run that bad!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    When my boy started shooting he started out with a gen 3- 34 and had some of the same issues come to find out he was leting his thumbs ride the slide. Not saying this is your issue but in the video appears your WH thumb is high. But that still doesnt explain weak ejection with manually operating the gun.
    I dont think Ive ever seen a glock ever run that bad!

I was originally concerned that was an issue... or some issue with how I was shooting the gun. However, since I shot David's 17 w/ no problem, and he shot my 34 and had the same problem, I feel confident it really is the gun. And I can rack the slide as hard as possible, and the brass just dribbles out.

-rvb

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I had the same problems with my G19 last months match, but I was riding the slide like Daniel said.

My Gen4 ran like a champ for the two stages we got to shoot yesterday, but I'm also shooting factory American Eagle 147's.

I have no idea why yours would be doing that other than thumbs, my gen3 shot some really light loads.

Hope you get it figured out, hard to shoot with no confidence in a gun.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Maybe I need to shoot a match w/ a known good Glock to be sure it's not me (or.... who wants to use my gun in a match?!). If I had won the $1/2 billion lotto this weekend I would just go out and buy another glock while this one gets fixed.... at least by not buying a ticket I have $1 to contribute to a new gun... haha.

BTW, first 80 rounds or so of the match was with FACTORY ammo, so at least the first 3 stages. I switched to my loads after I ran out of factory.

-rvb

Top Bottom