New push for vehicle emission testing in Indiana.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is why we can't have nice things. Because people are too idiotic to use fog lamps properly, it seems manufacturers have intentional made them feckless to avoid the problem.

Now they just serve as idiot indicators.

[video=youtube;D-wSRYbWJvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-wSRYbWJvU[/video]

Do any new vehicles even have true fog lights? They seem to function a lot better as driving lights anymore or just something else to light up the front of the car. We don’t even get the nice rear fog light, I’d rather have that one.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Tragic as this accident was, it was a fluke. I don't recall ever hearing of another accident like it. Savannah's law seems to be a solution in search of a problem.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do any new vehicles even have true fog lights? They seem to function a lot better as driving lights anymore or just something else to light up the front of the car. We don’t even get the nice rear fog light, I’d rather have that one.

Driving lights is more what we get but a fog light will light up the road low and under the fog. Trying to blow a hole in a fog bank is a fools errand.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's unfortunate that somebody died because the vehicle they were riding in was poorly maintained but it doesn't need to be the basis of another useless feel good law. There are many ways already available to ensure the road worthiness of a car. Of course they all take time and cost the owner money so we can't have that can we?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Driving lights is more what we get but a fog light will light up the road low and under the fog. Trying to blow a hole in a fog bank is a fools errand.

I’d love to have real fog lights again. They are much closer to driving lights on my Abarth and they are so low on my wife’s Buick you can’t see anything they do.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    We'll see what happens in the House. It moves to the House floor now, but if it was voted unanimously by the Senate, and voted unanimously by the House Committee, then there is a good chance that it will pass.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    When I've traveled in areas with required check on cars conditions, I seem to notice that more people tend to drive around with car defects.
    I think they seem to wait until the required check to change and aim lights, etc.

There is truth to this. It was the case when I lived in Maryland and I saw it first hand. The state had a minimum maintenance cost to pass. In other words if that min was $200, and you spend that on repairs and can show the receipt, it doesn't matter if the emissions pass or not... hey you tried, good job.

So if you have a busted headlight that you'd have to fix anyway for say $250, and think your car may fail emissions... then wait to spend the $250 on the light so you can pass the inspection. This way you keep from spending the $250 on the light, AND whatever it would take to fix the emissions....

-rvb

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Visclosky is a punk.

Couldn't agree more. Even with actual data they just want to have us **** away more money. Just means more reason for me to move out of lake county

right with you!!!! The whole testing thing is BS. When we moved from communist Illinois 12 years ago the BMV would not let me update the title to Indiana on my 83 Hurst Olds until it was tested. Told them it has not been on the road for a couple of years and just want the title transfered only no plates. Was told does not matter until you get it tested no transfer. So I said what you are telling me is I am to illegally drive a car with no current plates or no insurance that has not been driven for years to a testing site and pass to get a indiana title. They said yes.... Left and never went back. This whole deal is a joke and shows a lot of people in the local and state governments are clueless and living it their own little worlds.
    We are serious looking to move out of lake county as it is evident that the county is in bed with cook county and will be getting worse instead of better.

putsjunior

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Suburma
    Maybe I missed it, but when it passes, is it going to be a requirement for everybody, or just free at a fire station for anyone who wants it? There’s a lot of cars with off road x pipes around here that are going to have to come off.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    right with you!!!! The whole testing thing is BS. When we moved from communist Illinois 12 years ago the BMV would not let me update the title to Indiana on my 83 Hurst Olds until it was tested. Told them it has not been on the road for a couple of years and just want the title transfered only no plates. Was told does not matter until you get it tested no transfer. So I said what you are telling me is I am to illegally drive a car with no current plates or no insurance that has not been driven for years to a testing site and pass to get a indiana title. They said yes.... Left and never went back. This whole deal is a joke and shows a lot of people in the local and state governments are clueless and living it their own little worlds.
    We are serious looking to move out of lake county as it is evident that the county is in bed with cook county and will be getting worse instead of better.
    I can't wait to move to at least southern indiana or anything south of indy. Just don't like people's attitudes all the time....the state was sure in a hurry to pass legal liquor on Sundays (which should of been passed a long time ago ) but this emissions over something stupid just has me baffled.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Maybe I missed it, but when it passes, is it going to be a requirement for everybody, or just free at a fire station for anyone who wants it? There’s a lot of cars with off road x pipes around here that are going to have to come off.

Lake and porter are the only 2 counties in indiana that require emissions. Due to the "close proximity" to ****-cago that the vehicle gasses are to much n they require testing every other year. Yet it's such a hub gotta drive through these.2 counties to get to Chicago from north, south, and east. That should play into factor that more vehicles pass through a day then the ones who live here.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Lake and porter are the only 2 counties in indiana that require emissions. Due to the "close proximity" to ****-cago that the vehicle gasses are to much n they require testing every other year. Yet it's such a hub gotta drive through these.2 counties to get to Chicago from north, south, and east. That should play into factor that more vehicles pass through a day then the ones who live here.

Bingo and then when that "much needed" :rolleyes: Illiana toll road to connect I57 and I65 gets pushed through when the current Ill governor get voted out will just get worse.
    Another example on how out of touch and senile Visclosky really is and all he cares about that money he is getting on the QT from Chicago.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

In addition to what was already said, this bill, in essence, provides funding to Fire Departments to test vehicles, and it is completely voluntary. Additionally, I believe they are testing cabin air quality, not tailpipe emissions, but I may be wrong on that one.

Top Bottom