New push for vehicle emission testing in Indiana.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If it's ever going to happen, it will be under this administration. Like safety regulations, once these environmental regulations get put in place, no one ever wants to relax them, much less ever rescind them.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My full-size V8 truck identifies as a smart car.
    hDWLeq2.jpg

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

Well done sir, well done. you win today.

I get a hoot out of the "reserved for fuel efficient vehicles" spots because there's no quantifiable measure associated. I could park a 1 ton suburban there because it has a fuel economy. It's terrible but it's there. Also, it's better than an Abrams.

What does bug me is when a place makes narrow spots and marks them for compacts and some douche with a suburban parks there over both lines.

Then again it's understandable when even corporations can't get it right. few years ago I rented a car and specifically ordered a mid-size (with 3 options below it: economy, subcompact, and compact) since I'm 6-5, 275. They gave me a Ford Fiesta. WTF?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think that with the way the Trump administration has affected the EPA, this is the best chance to get rid of this nonsense.

best chance, certainly, but whether it happens or not is anyone's guess.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    The state has been trying to get rid of this for some time. It's not a money maker for the state of Indiana. It's a money hole.

Many moons ago I was an assistant station manager at a testing facility. HoughMade is correct nothing but a huge money hole. Before the ODB device cars had to be driven on a dynamometer. You want to talk about a liability. I was doing a driving test when a brake line broke. Good times.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Many moons ago I was an assistant station manager at a testing facility. HoughMade is correct nothing but a huge money hole. Before the ODB device cars had to be driven on a dynamometer. You want to talk about a liability. I was doing a driving test when a brake line broke. Good times.

Illinois stopped testing cars older than '96 because of that. just prior to the end, a then-friend of mine took his turbod Toyota Cressida there and had to run in yelling at the techs because they put the front wheels on the rollers (the Cressida's RWD and his was making north of 300hp at the wheels).

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Illinois stopped testing cars older than '96 because of that. just prior to the end, a then-friend of mine took his turbod Toyota Cressida there and had to run in yelling at the techs because they put the front wheels on the rollers (the Cressida's RWD and his was making north of 300hp at the wheels).

Dang that's scary. My worst experience was taking my Fiero in for the test. It failed because the tester couldn't drive a stick and killed it 3 or 4 times, then her supervisor did the same. They told me I had to do repairs to have it retested. I drove it to another one and it passed flying colors. You could see on the printout where it failed, it was each time they killed it.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Dang that's scary. My worst experience was taking my Fiero in for the test. It failed because the tester couldn't drive a stick and killed it 3 or 4 times, then her supervisor did the same. They told me I had to do repairs to have it retested. I drove it to another one and it passed flying colors. You could see on the printout where it failed, it was each time they killed it.

Anyone else notice the parallel between the "heard in a LGS" threads and about every other service industry? lol.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There are people unsuited for their chosen profession in every profession?

And many times they move to management.
    One of my bosses was mad. His son went to get hired at the mill we work at. He didn't have the quals to become an employee. But he was hired as management. The boss thought that was F'd up.

Top Bottom