• ...and so much more!
  • Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Also wanted to say the Max seems to have lighter recoil. Not sure why. I’m thinking it feels lighter because the Max grip is a tad bigger. Just a guess.
    The Max fits my leather front pocket holster and carries the same as the 2. I can not tell the difference.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Understanding that I really like Rugers, but it really doesn’t do anything that my P365 would not do. although I am curious to see how the ballistic data would compare in a 380 versus 9mm out of a short barrel?

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Understanding that I really like Rugers, but it really doesn’t do anything that my P365 would not do. although I am curious to see how the ballistic data would compare in a 380 versus 9mm out of a short barrel?
    I too carry a P365 in cooler months. I love the P365 BUT I cannot pocket carry a 365. I moved from a Kahr P380 to the Ruger LCP2 and now to the Max in the summer.
    Ballistics have gotten so much better for the .380 due to technology. Is it a 9mm…..no but the old adage the gun in your car is of no help. Thus the small profile .380 fits my needs in warm months and 11 rounds with a 12 round spare gives me a bit more security.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It really looks like they just widened the grip to match the slide width to accommodate that stack and a half mag.

looks like they want to join that sig lawsuit......

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I too carry a P365 in cooler months. I love the P365 BUT I cannot pocket carry a 365. I moved from a Kahr P380 to the Ruger LCP2 and now to the Max in the summer.
    Ballistics have gotten so much better for the .380 due to technology. Is it a 9mm…..no but the old adage the gun in your car is of no help. Thus the small profile .380 fits my needs in warm months and 11 rounds with a 12 round spare gives me a bit more security.
    Same here , as small as the P365s are they still are not nearly as minimal as the LCP II or Max. My LCP II fits in my pocket and feels almost like I'm not carrying anything.

Not knocking the P365 as I picked up a second one not long ago, a P365X.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Same here , as small as the P365s are they still are not nearly as minimal as the LCP II or Max. My LCP II fits in my pocket and feels almost like I'm not carrying anything.

Not knocking the P365 as I picked up a second one not long ago, a P365X.
    I always ankle carry mine. So there is that. Also it fills a back up role for me. One of the main selling points for me is the 9mm in that ( Hope the Mouse does not see this) but when teamed up with my 9mm 1911, I have consistency out of both platforms, in that both the P365 and STI are zeroed with the same ammo and both shoot it consistently.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I always ankle carry mine. So there is that. Also it fills a back up role for me. One of the main selling points for me is the 9mm in that ( Hope the Mouse does not see this) but when teamed up with my 9mm 1911, I have consistency out of both platforms, in that both the P365 and STI are zeroed with the same ammo and both shoot it consistently.
    REPORTED!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Looks interesting, but to be honest...for a pocket gun, I much prefer the trigger on the original LCP. But maybe that's just me.
    Why? That trigger is horrible. Unless you’re carrying it without a holster which is stupid. Should be no different than any other carry position. Use a quality holster that completely covers the trigger guard.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I carry an lcp in a pocket holster in my back left pocket. It sits far enough down where it can't be seen and the holster hooks as it should allowing a smooth pull when doing holster drills. I would have to see, feel, and holster the new Max before buying.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Looks interesting, but to be honest...for a pocket gun, I much prefer the trigger on the original LCP. But maybe that's just me.

Agreed. The heavy double action system and slim profile of the original LCP lent itself well to pocket carry or ultra concealed carry. LCP II never interested me. LCP max with better sights and bigger grip would make a nice micro belt gun or ankle gun.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Max is a tad longer in the grip. Max has “ears” at the end of the receiver to help operate the slide. Max trigger is about the same as the 2 when I got it. Have since installed a MCarbo spring set on the 2. Hoping the springs will fit the Max. Both are excellent shooters but love the new sights on the Max.
    View attachment 147084 View attachment 147085

Dstewart73 - It looks like the Max grip thinness is about the same as the II with the Hogue Grip... Is that a correct observation?

And things for the comparison pics!

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy

Dstewart73 - It looks like the Max grip thinness is about the same as the II with the Hogue Grip... Is that a correct observation?

And things for the comparison pics!
    I think the Hogue grip is wider so I took my caliper and measured
    LCP 2 with Hogue. 1.1”
    LCP Max…………. .94

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Picked up a LCP Max at Rural King Saturday and shot a few rounds through it yesterday. The grip feels far better than my LCP II. The sights much better.

But the trigger feels much worse than the LCP II. I did not really shoot it any better than I usually do the LCP II. Probably need more trigger time , literally.

The thing that really disappointed me was how the MAX dented he hell out of the brass! This was factory Remington and Aguila ammo. Anyone else experienced this? As I reload this is a concern.

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Picked up a LCP Max at Rural King Saturday and shot a few rounds through it yesterday. The grip feels far better than my LCP II. The sights much better.

But the trigger feels much worse than the LCP II. I did not really shoot it any better than I usually do the LCP II. Probably need more trigger time , literally.

The thing that really disappointed me was how the MAX dented he hell out of the brass! This was factory Remington and Aguila ammo. Anyone else experienced this? As I reload this is a concern.
    Sorry, since I no longer reload I have never noticed the brass. I’ve got 340 rounds down range and the trigger has gotten better. I put the Mcarbo springs in my LCP2 so I can’t compare trigger pulls. Hopefully Mcarbo will offer their products for the MAX.

Top Bottom