• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Great comparison pics. I currently carry a gen I with Hogue grip and 7 round mag. So the Max looks to be almost identical in width and such as my setup. No brainer to switch.
    Got a back in stock notification from Grabagun so I ordered one with a couple 12 round mags. High hopes for it as a replacement for my gen1.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Now that the Max has been around for a few months, I'm curious to hear how everyone is liking them. I check out the LCP Max and LCP II side by side at Rural King. Wish I could shoot them side by side for a real comparison. Lack of ammo availability is the biggest thing that has kept me from purchasing one of them.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I wish they would offer the lcp max in stainless steel. It just makes sense for a pocket gun. Plus, there are already early reports of the lcp max’s slide rusting quickly.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Got my LCP Max last week and got 2 12-round mags ($30 ea.). Shot 50 rounds of FMJ and 25 of my HP with no issues; figured I burned thru enough high dollar .380 at that point. I really like the thicker grip a lot more than my LCPII; which I only had for a year. The extra capacity was the clincher for me. The front sight really pops...but this is really a point-n-shoot defensive pistol. I like the extended serration ears on the back of the slide as well. Glad I was able to trade off my LCPII before it's value really plummets. As more of these Maxs are sold, the earlier LCP and LCPIIs are really going to drop in price. I really liked my LCPII over my original LCP I bought way back in 2011, but this LCP Max leap frogs them both.

Great new evolution of the tried-n-true LCP - little carry pistol!

Will need to get a few more 12-round mags too.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    My LCP Max beat he crap out of the brass in the one range session I had with it. Severely denting the case mouths to the point where I'm not sure they can be reloaded. Was all factory ammo.

I like the Max front sight over my LCP II but the trigger is far worse.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Got my LCP Max last week and got 2 12-round mags ($30 ea.). Shot 50 rounds of FMJ and 25 of my HP with no issues; figured I burned thru enough high dollar .380 at that point. I really like the thicker grip a lot more than my LCPII; which I only had for a year. The extra capacity was the clincher for me. The front sight really pops...but this is really a point-n-shoot defensive pistol. I like the extended serration ears on the back of the slide as well. Glad I was able to trade off my LCPII before it's value really plummets. As more of these Maxs are sold, the earlier LCP and LCPIIs are really going to drop in price. I really liked my LCPII over my original LCP I bought way back in 2011, but this LCP Max leap frogs them both.

Great new evolution of the tried-n-true LCP - little carry pistol!

Will need to get a few more 12-round mags too.

The LCP2 prices are already dropping. I predict some big box store Black Friday specials. Really no reason for the LCP2 now that the Max is here.

The original LCP has survived fine and I predict will continue to soldier on. At least in the near future. With its double action trigger and snag free profile it still offers some attributes the 2 and Max don’t.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    The LCP2 prices are already dropping. I predict some big box store Black Friday specials. Really no reason for the LCP2 now that the Max is here.

The original LCP has survived fine and I predict will continue to soldier on. At least in the near future. With its double action trigger and snag free profile it still offers some attributes the 2 and Max don’t.
    Well after shooting the Max as compared to the LCP II or my long gone LCP, I don't think there are ANY attributes that would make me want to go back to either one. Unless $ is a concern and you need a cheaper deep conceal pistol, then either one of those would work fine. The both worked for me for years before the Max came around.

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Picked one of these up this weekend from Rural King. Even found a 12 round mag and some ammo at the LGS.

Planning on trying it out this Monday. If all goes well it will become my pocket gun, potentially replacing my 642. I prefer 5 rounds of 38 vs 6 or 7 of 380, but jump that up to 13 rounds and it becomes a different story.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Finally got the chance to get this thing out for a short run. Put a couple hundred rounds of ball through it. Shot to point of aim, grouped well with one exception. Recoil wasn't bad at all, much less than the single stack versions of mouse 380's. Put a few mags of Underwood XTP and the Extreme Defender through it. The XTP shot very well and to point of aim. The Extreme Defender not so much. That shot kind of eratic and quite low. Wasn't very happy with it, XTP will be the one. Found a couple more 12 round mags as well.

Overall nice little gun. Pretty happy with it so far.

Top Bottom