• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I just read on the Ruger forum the frame is aluminum the grip frame is a zink alloy. If the grip frame was aluminum or polymer I would buy one. Pot metal no thank you.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The K model Colt Scouts were made of pot metal, still good 22lr shooters. Other Scouts had a 22 mag cylinder.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    if rk sells them for 129, that'll be a loss leader for sure!...dealer cost is 149(for the ruger), and dealer cost for the equivalent heritage is 109 but the heritage has coco bolo grips vs plastic on the ruger

if ruger ends up making a 22lr/22 mag combo, they wont be able to keep them in stock!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The Heritage Arms Rough Rider (Zinc) series has owned the inexpensive 22 SA market for quite sometime...I think this Ruger will give them a run for their money and will be well received...What a wonderful, "kit, truck, camp, tackle box" gun....I like the idea...Fixed sights like on the old single six...well done Ruger....

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I wondered why it says it's not legal in Minnesota. Apparently it qualifies as a "Saturday Night Special.

I think this might be Minnesota's legal issue with the Wrangler:

"It is a gross misdemeanor for a federally licensed firearms dealer to sell or for any person to manufacture or assemble, in whole or in part, a 'Saturday night special' pistol.

A 'Saturday night special' pistol means any pistol (other than an antique firearm, air gun, or toy gun) that is made of any of the following materials:

< any material having a melting point of less than 1,000
    degrees Fahrenheit;

< any material having an ultimate tensile strength of less
    than 55,000 pounds per square inch; or

< any powdered metal having a density of less than 7.5
    grams per cubic centimeter."

Minn. Stat. §§ 624.712; 624.716

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nice review....

[video=youtube;kwinwnZlmDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwinwnZlmDw[/video]

Free spin pawl and it looks as if the grip frame is the same alloy as the frame...Barrel and cylinder are steel along with the internals....They're going to sell of ton of these...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So this will be another pile of junk?

INGOidiot.jpg

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I have a strong feeling that one of these will be joining the fold once they start appearing in the wild; especially if street price is around $200. Would love a single-six, but can't justify the cost. I have considered a Heritage, but was worried I'd be disappointed in the overall quality. This looks like it splits the difference quite well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'll be buying one as a good way to introduce my girls to handguns. (So far they have only shot rifle.)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I sold a nice single six and regret it. I'll be picking up a Bronze Wrangler when they come out, if I can get it for 200 bucks, which I think is likely. They'll certainly have them to handle at the Ruger display at NRA this weekend.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Talked to Ross at Guntown last night, he looked them up and said they would be 199 plus tax, told him get me one of each. He was going to make some calls today to see when he could get them in as they are being held close to the vest at this time.

Top Bottom