• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I stopped in last week. A younger guy was helping and seemed very knowledgeable. The firearm selection was a bit smaller than expected but they did have a Shield 9mm 2.0 & a Shield PC 9mm. I had wanted to compare both. Decent price on both but I passed.

The thing that caught my eye though was a Ruger Naval Warfare 1911 in 9mm. One of 500, limited production fund raiser gun. That thing is gorgeous! I left it for you guys. Please go buy it before I change my mind!!!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    If it is still cheaper what does it matter?

This just allows them to pass a savings onto those that will use cash.

Some people just don't carry cash. My son-in-law only carries $5 and uses a credit or debit card for all purchases. Says it is easier to manage finances.:dunno:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Some people just don't carry cash. My son-in-law only carries $5 and uses a credit or debit card for all purchases. Says it is easier to manage finances.:dunno:

On any given day, I have zero cash on me. I spend cash too easily and am easily annoyed by the card readers so I have to really want it. Really cuts back on the splurge purchases and much easier to track purchases with the debt card and bank app.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I understand that side of it. I usually use a card myself.

The store has two options. Increase the price for everyone 3% to cover the cost of credit cards, or only charge those that use one 3% for using it.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I understand that side of it. I usually use a card myself.

The store has two options. Increase the price for everyone 3% to cover the cost of credit cards, or only charge those that use one 3% for using it.

There are two atm's within walking distance from the store. I've been in a few times now. They are only a couple blocks from the house. I try to stop in only every couple of weeks so I don't look like a stalker. They also do some raffles. The current one is 5 bucks a shot a G 19. They are selling 56 tickets.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    If it is still cheaper what does it matter?

This just allows them to pass a savings onto those that will use cash.

I have been buying from them since they were operating out of the garage. The 3% thing MAY be true but I never heard of it.:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have been buying from them since they were operating out of the garage. The 3% thing MAY be true but I never heard of it.:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

I don't know if it applies to gun purchases (don't know why it wouldn't), but I can show you the receipt with the 3% up-charge for the two mags I bought if you don't believe me.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I purchased a new CZ from them a couple weeks back and had the 3% added to the total. Fairly common practice that I have no problem with.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/visa-rules.html

Q. Is a merchant allowed to add a surcharge to the purchase amount for using a Visa card?

A. In general, no. Surcharging is currently permitted in Australia, Mexico, and New Zealand, and on certain credit card transactions in the U.S.
    Surcharging isn't allowed everywhere in the U.S. Currently, there are laws limiting surcharging in Colorado, Connecticut, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma, and Texas. California's and New York's laws limiting surcharging have been enjoined from enforcement pursuant to court orders, but appeals are pending. An order upholding Florida's law limiting surcharging was reversed on appeal, but remains subject to further litigation. Consumers who are subjected to a surcharge in states where they may be prohibited from surcharging may want to report the retailer to their state attorney general's office.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/visa-rules.html

Q. Is a merchant allowed to add a surcharge to the purchase amount for using a Visa card?

A. In general, no. Surcharging is currently permitted in Australia, Mexico, and New Zealand, and on certain credit card transactions in the U.S.
    Surcharging isn't allowed everywhere in the U.S. Currently, there are laws limiting surcharging in Colorado, Connecticut, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma, and Texas. California's and New York's laws limiting surcharging have been enjoined from enforcement pursuant to court orders, but appeals are pending. An order upholding Florida's law limiting surcharging was reversed on appeal, but remains subject to further litigation. Consumers who are subjected to a surcharge in states where they may be prohibited from surcharging may want to report the retailer to their state attorney general's office.
    Indiana is not listed.

Top Bottom