• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The southeast side of Fort Wayne was lighting it up last night. Heard a few shotguns occasionally, maybe a rifle or two, but mainly sounded like handgun calibers. I'm curious as to how many, if any fines are given out for this "celebration".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My low rent district..........must be cold or the hoodlums in jail..........ZERO gunfire tonight.

It was quite directly around us. But a few blocks to the west it was nuts for about an hour.
    I really hope we do not have any spent rounds in our new roof.That will Pi$$ me right off.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We have an acetylene cannon. It does not actually fire a projectile but man it is freaking loud. 4" sch. 80 PVC about 4' long capped on one end.
    It seriously rattles the walls. Last year was the last time we set it off.
    I might be awake at midnight but the truth is I just do not really care anymore. Just another freaking day.
    I feel the same way. I was in bed before midnight, but someone to the West of me decided to shoot off fireworks at Midnight which woke me up.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    The southeast side of Fort Wayne was lighting it up last night. Heard a few shotguns occasionally, maybe a rifle or two, but mainly sounded like handgun calibers. I'm curious as to how many, if any fines are given out for this "celebration".
    Yep. Started about 11:00 or so. Sounded like a normal night then picked up when the 50% that actually know how to tell time joined in.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    To each his own, but I never did share the same fascination at making really loud noises just for the sake of making really loud noises.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The only "Bang" I associate with New Year's turning was the bang from some young thing you invited home from the bar.
    In my younger days I could get the neighbors mad over "noise restrictions" violations.
    My Ex was like that. She was so noisy having sex the neighbors complained. I had to put an end to her going over there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    LOL@Harry.

ours started around 11:30 with run of The mill fireworks.

At midnight they started with The mortars. For the first time in I dint know how many years I didn’t hear any gunfire. I think all my neighbors have discovered the true use for fireworks finally.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    LOL@Harry.

ours started around 11:30 with run of The mill fireworks.

At midnight they started with The mortars. For the first time in I dint know how many years I didn’t hear any gunfire. I think all my neighbors have discovered the true use for fireworks finally.

Well Cm,
    Camby is growing up. It's finally seperated from Mars Hill by the interstate.
    No worries, it won't be long before the yocals head farther south. You'll get your obligatory noise violations too.
    I was surprised we had some noise here. Only 18 homes in the immediate area. Most of them are older folks.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I got my carbide cannon out last night. First time firing it in the cold. The cold air must need a different amount of carbide because it wasn't as loud as it was in July....there might have been a copious amount of beer in my system as well so who knows.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Just like every year there were several semi-auto rifles last night in central TH from midnight to 12:30ish. Sure hope they're firing into the ground. :rolleyes:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well Cm,
    Camby is growing up. It's finally seperated from Mars Hill by the interstate.
    No worries, it won't be long before the yocals head farther south. You'll get your obligatory noise violations too.
    I was surprised we had some noise here. Only 18 homes in the immediate area. Most of them are older folks.

Dont get me wrong, we usually have gunfire here too. Not a lot, but 1 or 2 idiots within earshot. But none tonight. They appear to have discovered that they can make a bigger boom with fireworks and gave up on guns for noisemakers.

And we are already getting the MH idiots here. They are breaking into cars, homes, etc. Of course so are Camby idiots.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why not just buy blanks for this? They're not that expensive.

You presume someone stupid enough to think firing a bullet into the air is harmless is still smart enough to think it through to using blanks that they probably have no idea where to buy. (you cant buy them at walmart) And the people that shoot guns dont tend to think ahead enough. Its an impulse. "hey, its 12:00:30. I've got a gun, so I can make noise too!!!!" by 12:00:40 they are at the door drawing their gun. Definitely impulsive.

I'd expect them to try firing into the soil before the thought of blanks even crossing their mind.

Top Bottom