• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I haven't looked at the law yet to see if the law included ND's but I'm guessing it does.

Not or sure how they will enforce it though.
    If it doesn't include ND's, I could see a lot of "accidents" happening on NYE. "Weirdest thing officer. I was cleaning my gun, and it went off... 50 times!"

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The knuckle dragging numb-nuts in and around my neighborhood (65th & michigan rd) were doing magazines dumps with everything from pump shotguns to semi auto rifles, and some of them kept it up until 2AM. Lots of complaints on a neighborhood forum from kessler blvd up to harcourt and 86th st. I wonder what percentage of them are felons?

There was some discussion of driving around and videoing the jackasses next year for the prosecutor's office.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...There was some discussion of driving around and videoing the jackasses next year for the prosecutor's office.

And no matter how many stories like this are told, it won't stop the behavior.

A bounty! $500 for video leading to a conviction. To be paid out of the $1000 fine.
    Make sure this is a local news story from Xmas until NYE. That would stop a lot of it and provide for education of us knuckle draggers.

Confession - I was well into adulthood before I was educated that bullets come back down.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    First year it's been an issue since I moved into my neighborhood in Jeffersonville. We usually don't even get fireworks at New Years.

this year we had fireworks in the neighborhood at Christmas and New Years, and it sounded an awful lot like one of my neighbors emptied a semiautomatic around 12:30 on NYE.

The neighborhood is changing, and not for the better. Just a small symptom of the changes that prompted me to purchase a gun for home defense this year.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    There was a bit here, a guy unloaded fifteen rounds of 9mm into the air. The Sheriff's deputy who lives in the neighborhood didn't care and nothing happened. I called the police and they said they knew and would get to it when they were able. Still waiting for a Deputy to knock and ask me about it.

I wouldn't care much but he was drunk and screaming at folks and shooting in the air like a fool. I went out as soon as I heard the shots, they sound different than a firework, so I was making sure no one needed help. I had my M&P 9 with me and when he saw me he went back inside without a word. I hope he doesn't try to vandalize me now as so many in the neighborhood seem to prefer when confronted over reacting like it once was, either back down and apologize or try to get all macho. I didn't say anything or even look at the guy like I was gonna shoot him or whatever.

These days people like this are cowards so the wait after feeling like you disrespected them and take it out on your car or house. I have cameras for that but it is a hassle.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if we got any of them at my home, but most likely so. I know it was terrible at work. I happened to be outside around midnight dealing with a "situation". There were a lot of fireworks but as most of us know, the sound is entirely different. Many many rounds were fired. I will the say the fireworks were somewhat nice to watch...although they did scare off all the deer.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Heard a story about a guy who uses custom made 12 gauge filled with quarter sticks of explosives for New Years....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom