• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The Glock haters are dedicated...to...something...

I like that Glock is trying to listen to their market and make the improvements people want to see. Every iteration has been an improvement from the last, in my opinion.
    I really liked the way the 19x felt in the hand and the trigger was better than the 19 & 17 gen5's that I had. I just couldn't get past the color. I'm just not into FDE that much. My 509 Tactical is FDE, but if they offered black or grey, I would have bought one of those instead. My big thing lately, for a gun I'm going to carry, is that I don't want to modify the gun if I don't have to (sights being an exception).

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I believe they did the 19x exactly backwards. What good is a full-size frame and short barrel? I want a 17 slide length on a 19 frame. The slide is easy to conceal and extra slide increases shootability. After a certain point, extra frame doesn't do anything for shootability (depends on your hands) and is harder to conceal.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I believe they dI'd the 19x exactly backwards. What good is a full-size frame and short barrel? I want a 17 slide length on a 19 frame. The slide is easy to conceal and extra slide increases shootability. After a certain point, extra frame doesn't do anything for shootability (depends on your hands) and is harder to coceal.
    I am the opposite. I have large hands and have generally preferred a full size grip with a 4" barrel. I carry at the 3:00 position and have no issues concealing a full size gun. I find that with a shorter slide I can clear my holster easier/sooner while drawing.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Just when I get my 19X like I want it they make a black one.:laugh:
    I like the 19X and thought I wouldn't so I decided to mod mine to suit me. I've never considered doing that with a new pistol before but I'm becoming more sure of what I want. Burnt bronze slide and duplicated the factory compensated slide and installed a factory comp 19 barrel. I believe I've created the perfect Glock for my needs at this point.

Where the long slide with the short grip is concerned I don't get it. I agree that the butt of the gun is the part that is hard to hide but I've never understood the perceived advantage of a short grip and long slide.:dunno:
    To each his own, I'm happy to have exactly what I want even if I did have to spend a few dollars to make it happen. If a 17 slide with a 19 grip is what you want it's not that tough to do. If you are waiting on Glock to build one you may have a long wait.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Seems like its a Glock 19xB. Glock 45 isn't confusing, at all.

The 19x name is the outlier, not sure why they deviated the naming with the 19x, and then went back the previous naming with the 45.

The Glock haters are dedicated...to...something...

I like that Glock is trying to listen to their market and make the improvements people want to see. Every iteration has been an improvement from the last, in my opinion.

Agreed, for the longest time it did not seem like Glock would adapt and bring out new models based on customer input, but they seem to be doing so. I'm thinking that S&W is bringing some real competition, at least in the civilian market. Good for Glock that they are adapting (better than Colt ever seemed to really do on that front)

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    So, other than for those with big hands, what are the primary advantages to the bigger frame with the G19 slide that make the 19x so attractive? I'm a big fan of the g19 form factor as is.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So, other than for those with big hands, what are the primary advantages to the bigger frame with the G19 slide that make the 19x so attractive? I'm a big fan of the g19 form factor as is.

Not sure... Appendix carry maybe? I don't do Appendix, but maybe for those that do?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I believe they did the 19x exactly backwards. What good is a full-size frame and short barrel? I want a 17 slide length on a 19 frame. The slide is easy to conceal and extra slide increases shootability. After a certain point, extra frame doesn't do anything for shootability (depends on your hands) and is harder to conceal.

It's like Sig's "Carry" models and the Commander size 1911. I'd rather go the other way as well, but there is something to be said for a gun that balances well and points quick.

I'm kinda interested if I go for an optic. Slide length becomes much less relevant. It'd also be a way to do a sorta Roland Special deal and still be in a size that could fit a 17's holster.

Anyway, as far as crying about Glock:
    :crying: Glock never introduces anything new.
    :crying: Glock didn't release the configuration I want yet.
    :crying: Glock released something new but it's not new enough.
    :crying: Glock touched my no-no zone.

Hate to break it to you guys, but there's nothing revolutionary coming. We're deep into evolution, not revolution. And that's not just Glock, that's handguns in general.

*edit*

Some folks claim where the "hump" is on the grip matters to how well it fits their hand and naturally points. Dunno, I've never owned a 19.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I agree with this 100%.

The 17 or 19 seem just fine to me and looking for a confusing number scheme and solution without a problem. The slide is the easiest part to conceal.

:twocents:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know everyone was running around the conference table about the 19X, but I have wanted this model since the pistol trials. Good to see it commercially available.

I can use the Rubbermaid tub of M17 mags that I have.:D

:crying: Glock touched my no-no zone.

I told you this IN CONFIDENCE!

Hate to break it to you guys, but there's nothing revolutionary coming. We're deep into evolution, not revolution. And that's not just Glock, that's handguns in general.

Gauss guns are coming.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd be more interested if they offered it in .40.
    You and afew others would be the only ones buying them :):

I'm excited for the 45 but not like I was the 19x. This has a few improvements for daily carry I think but I'm also perfectly happy carrying my 19x with the one exception of mag compatability. This is the one area they failed in as far as the 19x goes and the gen5 mags in general . The front lips are dumb

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    You and afew others would be the only ones buying them :):

I'm excited for the 45 but not like I was the 19x. This has a few improvements for daily carry I think but I'm also perfectly happy carrying my 19x with the one exception of mag compatability. This is the one area they failed in as far as the 19x goes and the gen5 mags in general . The front lips are dumb

I agree with the front lip being dumb. It should be a relief on the front of the pistol and a little bit of projection on the mag base plate to facilitate one-handed stuff.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I’m just wondering if it will come with the three mags like the 19x, the standard 17 round and then the two 19 round.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Gauss guns are coming.

I'd be more interested if they offered it in .40.

*sigh*

Fine. I want the Space Force contract version. If it comes with vacuum maritime spring cups, I'll buy two.

I’m just wondering if it will come with the three mags like the 19x, the standard 17 round and then the two 19 round.

3x17 magazines I believe.

Also, Gen 5 17 and 19 are dropping as MOS versions.

59ec47a3b310f325587833f08c4f1c58.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm excited about these too and will have the 19.
    Even for people not looking to use an RMR, they can buy this version just for the forward serations on a gen5 which was VERY smart on glocks part to do.

Now all glock needs to do is stop putting stupid plastic sights on their guns

Last edited:
    Top Bottom